Jeremy Ten's powerful and emotional final season with Hallelujah FS | Golden Skate

Jeremy Ten's powerful and emotional final season with Hallelujah FS

s_parks

Record Breaker
Ha, thought it was Handel's Hallelujah for a second. Anyways, good luck to him. :)

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Very sorry to hear.. that he passed up a chance to use the k.d. lang version..:(

I wish Jeremy well this year, I've always really liked his skating.. but I'm with Leonard Cohen in his admiration of lang's rendition.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ha, thought it was Handel's Hallelujah for a second. Anyways, good luck to him. :)

Now that is something I would love to see somebody skating to!

Seriously, though, I'm so disappointed to hear that Jeremy is retiring. :cry:

I have always liked Jeremy (even before I found out he was being coached by my fellow countryman, Neil Wilson), and felt he had the potential to achieve so much. But, he was just unfortunate to be in the Canadian field at the time he was, when Chan was out in front, and competition for the remaining international slots was very tight.

With Chan now out of the picture, I really hope Jeremy gets the opportunity to bow out on the big stage (although, Nam Nguyen, Elladj Balde, Liam Firrus, etc. might have something to say about that!)

All the best for this season, and for the future.

CaroLiza_fan

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am sure if he starts landing the triple axel and quad we might see him skate some more. but maybe he is looking at the future.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Jeremy is a beautiful skater derailed for two seasons by a series of injuries. Yet he always maintains his joyful disposition and positive attitude. He has not been able to jump well since his return to competition but it sounds like he is progressing well, having been assigned to a GP event and landing quads in practice. I wish him a spectacular season.

Jeremy has had to work part time while training and going to college during his skating career and I am not sure what he plans for his future. I hope he can do shows or otherwise be involved in skating in some way, seeing how much he loves the sport to which he has devoted much of his life.

Go J10!

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Jeremy Ten brings Hallelujah to the ice for a powerful and emotional last season

I did not know that he had decided that this season will conclude his competitive career. Best to Jeremy. :)

Thanks for this! Interesting piece, and Hallelujah is such a wonderful song. I especially enjoyed the part about Jeremy deciding whether or not to use it & am glad he opted to go for it. Sorry to say I don't know much about him (time for a YouTube search :)) but something tells me he'll be able to do justice to this music. Bev Smith's description of it as "heart clutching" is just perfect...but then she goes on to say:

Guaranteed, nobody else has ever skated to it, especially a version with vocals, new this year.

Huh? Obviously it's never been skated in competition but aren't there a bunch of exhibitions using it? Sasha Cohen is the only one I can think of offhand but there have to be others.

Embarrassingly, I didn't know k.d. lang had sung Hallelujah @ Vancouver b/c I hate Olys opening/closing ceremonies & never watch them. However, after reading the linked article, I got curious (again) about the meaning of the lyrics and found this book excerpt from Rolling Stone.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...hallelujah-in-the-holy-or-the-broken-20121203

Sorry to stray OT; Hallelujah is way up there on my personal hit parade so I got carried away. ;) More to the point, all the very best to Jeremy!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks for this! Interesting piece, and Hallelujah is such a wonderful song. I especially enjoyed the part about Jeremy deciding whether or not to use it & am glad he opted to go for it. Sorry to say I don't know much about him (time for a YouTube search :)) but something tells me he'll be able to do justice to this music. Bev Smith's description of it as "heart clutching" is just perfect...but then she goes on to say:

Huh? Obviously it's never been skated in competition but aren't there a bunch of exhibitions using it? Sasha Cohen is the only one I can think of offhand but there have to be others.

... Sorry to stray OT; Hallelujah is way up there on my personal hit parade so I got carried away. ;) More to the point, all the very best to Jeremy!

Virtue/Moir skated a gorgeous exhibition program to Buckley's Hallelujah with the deep connection between the partners very much in evidence.
Several videos of V/M's program exist on YouTube. In the one at the link below, Tessa says a few words of introduction about their choice of the music.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Virtue/Moir skated a gorgeous exhibition program to Buckley's Hallelujah with the deep connection between the partners very much in evidence.
Several videos of V/M's program exist on YouTube. In the one at the link below, Tessa says a few words of introduction about their choice of the music.

Thanks for this, golden411 -- you're aces! You're so right about V/M's connection, too; and the simple, uncluttered choreography is perfect for the music. Beautiful program, beautifully skated. :love: