Tv coverage in Europe or non-blackout subscription possibilities | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Tv coverage in Europe or non-blackout subscription possibilities

TMC

Record Breaker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkcHgI_TIYQ

Either that... or CaroLiza_fan's more... prosaic explanation. ;)

What was more confusing to me is that the French ESP lists Men's Free for the exact same date & time (UK 17:15/FRA 18:15).

I for one am going to watch the start of each and every one of whatever they're showing in those 4 countries, just in case one of them turns out to be men's free after all :biggrin:

I'm gonna watch the Saitama reruns as well, to get into the habit :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkcHgI_TIYQ

Either that... or CaroLiza_fan's more... prosaic explanation. ;)

wooo-oooh-oooh oooh-oooh-oooh

Have to be honest and say I've never watched Doctor Who (even when my first singing crush became his assistant!)

And I never realised there had been so many versions of the theme tune. Or that I would spend a whole 12 minutes of my life listening to them all back-to-back! :laugh:

But, now that I have, my favourite version has to be the 2005 one. Followed by the 1970, 1966 and 1963 versions. All the rest just seem like cheap imitations.

Anyway, getting the thread slightly back on track (well, back to skating, anyway). Has anybody ever used the Doctor Who theme for a skating routine? Because, it strikes me as being a piece of music that would be perfect for skating to, be it in competition or as an exhibition number.

CaroLiza_fan

TMC

Record Breaker
Great idea!!!

I can just see someone like Ryan Bradley doing that - or even Joshua Farris now that he's shown through SOI that he has a whimsical side as well.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
The Sky planner is showing that the men's free is when the first ladies free is listed. So it was an error.
Hoping that the poor Skate Canada coverage is an error.
Will we get to see any of the Ladies SP's this Grand Prix Series ?.
Skate Canada is usually shown in it's entirety. Eurosport are really letting me down this year.

xabia

On the Ice
Apart from the Olympics, BBC (with Sue Barker & Robin Cousins) only shows highlights of the major championships, i.e. European & Worlds, and very often they're shown a week or two after the event, by which time skating fans would already have watched them by other means. However since it doesn't show the full event you only see the top 3 plus the Brits - and more often than not we could do without watching the Brits!

WeakAnkles - you hope that Robin Cousins will be there for the GP final - do you know if he commentated on it last year, and if so was it with BBC or Eurosport? By accident I once found BBC on the Red Button showing a full event (I think it was 2013 Worlds) - but it wasn't advertised anywhere, and it was by a stroke of luck that I found it. So I now use Eurosport Player and watch all the events on my laptop (I'm anti-Skye so don't have it). I think Chris Howarth on ESP is really good on the technical stuff - I bet he's a good coach - but they should get rid of Nicky Slater - what a load of tosh comes out of his mouth.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I have been using an app called Live Sports Channels HD for British Eurosport on my tablet. It is an Android app, "bought" for free from Amazon appstore. I then wirelessly cast the signal to my TV. It works great. So far, anyway.

Do not use the similar website on your PC or laptop, though. You can get a generic Trojan, Conduit (malware) and Boost (a shopping adware), which are tedious to remove.

Last edited:

viennaskater

Medalist
That reminds me of my "brilliant scheme" that I concocted once - I thought I'd try to watch on the telly, but have the British livestream on so that I could listen to their commentary - and escape the Swedish one.... alas, for my "brilliant scheme".... they were out of sync. Of course. So, it didn't work...

I tried that too! But now I use an HDMI cable so that what is on my laptop screen also shows on the TV, so it works fine. The audio comes through the TV as well.