Tv coverage in Europe or non-blackout subscription possibilities | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tv coverage in Europe or non-blackout subscription possibilities

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The full schedule for Saturday is online (on the Dutch site), but I'm not seeing anything even remotely resembling figure skating. Hhhmmm... Even with the time difference, there should be something on Saturday from the Friday sessions.

I just looked up the 4 versions of Eurosport I normally use for comparison (ESP Nederland, ESP Deutschland, ESP France, and British ESP), and I see what you mean.

HOWEVER if you use the search box, you will get the times for days further than the Saturday!

Here are the searches I used:

ESP Nederland: Kunstschaatsen
ESP Deutschland: Eiskunstlauf
ESP France: Patinage
British ESP: Skating

In contrast to what was the trend last season, ESP Nederland (which is normally an exact copy of ESP International) actually has the least coverage of all the variations. Believe it or not, British ESP has the MOST coverage for a change!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

For example, while the continent is watching a repeat of last week's snooker final on Saturday afternoon, us British viewers will be watching the Men's SP and the SD!

It was a good match, so I hope you enjoy it! :p

CaroLiza_fan

TMC

Record Breaker
I just looked up the 4 versions of Eurosport I normally use for comparison (ESP Nederland, ESP Deutschland, ESP France, and British ESP), and I see what you mean.

HOWEVER if you use the search box, you will get the times for days further than the Saturday!

Here are the searches I used:

ESP Nederland: Kunstschaatsen
ESP Deutschland: Eiskunstlauf
ESP France: Patinage
British ESP: Skating

In contrast to what was the trend last season, ESP Nederland (which is normally an exact copy of ESP International) actually has the least coverage of all the variations. Believe it or not, British ESP has the MOST coverage for a change!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

For example, while the continent is watching a repeat of last week's snooker final on Saturday afternoon, us British viewers will be watching the Men's SP and the SD!

It was a good match, so I hope you enjoy it! :p

CaroLiza_fan

:p to you too! :D

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Wow, thanks for figuring all that out, CaroLiza_fan! :clap:
Sounds like I'm gonna have to wait for youtube videos or maybe catch a livestream or two at some point, because really Eurosport NED, that's *it*? Pfffft. See me not being impressed, yikes!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow, thanks for figuring all that out, CaroLiza_fan! :clap:
Sounds like I'm gonna have to wait for youtube videos or maybe catch a livestream or two at some point, because really Eurosport NED, that's *it*? Pfffft. See me not being impressed, yikes!

You're welcome. And I can fully understand why you're not impressed. I would be the same in your position (which I was too many times for my liking last season!)

:p to you too! :D

Sorry for being cheeky, but I just couldn't resist the opportunity!

That said, I can't understand why the continental versions of Eurosport are showing something that they have already shown a number of times in preference to something that has not been shown yet.

But, as we all know, Eurosport are notorious for changing their schedules repeatedly in the days leading up to an event. So, they might realise how stupid this is, and put the skating on all across Europe.

Whatever happens, I'm going to do the same as last season and wait until the start of the week of a competition to make out the TV Schedules threads.

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
IIRC, there were enough opportunities last year to watch the full events, one way or the other, so I'm not worried about that, but I've really come to rely on Eurosport to, well, *care* about airing figure skating. This tentative schedule really surprised me. :(

mustafakent

On the Ice
I decided to activave a TVTeka account for Russian Sport Channel, I am waiting for the tv guide right now.For 60$, I will be able to watch all big champs like GPs, Euros and Worlds.

TMC

Record Breaker
Sorry for being cheeky, but I just couldn't resist the opportunity!

Fair enough :laugh:

That said, I can't understand why the continental versions of Eurosport are showing something that they have already shown a number of times in preference to something that has not been shown yet.

This is what I find mystifying also.

Three days of Saitama in October - why? Surely they have some 48-hour-long documentary like "Best of Snooker: 1978-1979" they could show instead? :biggrin:

TMC

Record Breaker
Okay I'm worried now. The B.ESP schedule has listed only Men's Short, and that four times...

What about Men's free?

The French are showing the Men's free, but I don't understand French :( (I'm one of those who likes to listen to the commentary)

Well, at least the German version has several recaps so maybe they'll show a glimpse or two.

I know I know I should wait until Friday before I start to freak out :confused: Why do they have to keep us in suspense like this :bang:

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Okay I'm worried now. The B.ESP schedule has listed only Men's Short, and that four times...

What about Men's free?

The French are showing the Men's free, but I don't understand French :( (I'm one of those who likes to listen to the commentary)

Well, at least the German version has several recaps so maybe they'll show a glimpse or two.

I know I know I should wait until Friday before I start to freak out :confused: Why do they have to keep us in suspense like this :bang:

I only receive British Eurosport & there are no listings for the men's free. It may be like two years ago when for some reason their Skate America coverage had no Ice dance event.
British Eurosport are now obsessed with snooker having lost many of the WTA tennis events. Email Eurosport & complain. I do !.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Just a quick note; I did notice that on Sunday they list the ladies Free at 17.15 pm after the free dance but then list the ladies free again but this time live at 19.45 pm so maybe that could be something.

TMC

Record Breaker
I only receive British Eurosport & there are no listings for the men's free. It may be like two years ago when for some reason their Skate America coverage had no Ice dance event.
British Eurosport are now obsessed with snooker having lost many of the WTA tennis events. Email Eurosport & complain. I do !.

*Sigh* I guess I'll do that.

Only I emailed ESP Player customer service about a problem around 5 months ago. They promised to get back to me within 24-48 hours. I'm still holding my breath waiting for that reply :laugh: I mean this was a case where they could have lost a paying customer. If they don't care about those emails, are they reading any emails?

I'll do it anyway just to feel that I'm doing something instead of fretting and being disappointed ;)

TMC

Record Breaker
Just a quick note; I did notice that on Sunday they list the ladies Free at 17.15 pm after the free dance but then list the ladies free again but this time live at 19.45 pm so maybe that could be something.

Hmm you might be onto something here.

They list the Ladies Free at 17:15 and again as LIVE at 19:45. So surely that 17:15 event can't really be Ladies Free.

On the other hand, the French list for the same date & time:
"18:15 Patinage artistique
PATINAGE ARTISTIQUE: Grand Prix, Etats-Unis - Programme libre messieurs".

Now I read enough French to understand that that means "Men's Free".

I'm 2 hours ahead of the UK and 1 hour ahead of France.

So, to me it looks like the 17:15 Ladies Free on the UK site might be a mistake, and what they really mean is Men's Free.

I guess I should at least be happy that our nat'l broadcasting corp shows all of the GPs, but they have a weird tendency to pick and choose which skates they show. For instance, they showed the short dances at Finlandia apart from Cannuscio/McManus, which really annoyed me (way too much in proportion to the offence :laugh: )

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
*Sigh* I guess I'll do that.

Only I emailed ESP Player customer service about a problem around 5 months ago. They promised to get back to me within 24-48 hours. I'm still holding my breath waiting for that reply :laugh: I mean this was a case where they could have lost a paying customer. If they don't care about those emails, are they reading any emails?

I'll do it anyway just to feel that I'm doing something instead of fretting and being disappointed ;)

Try Eurosport through facebook or Twitter. Maybe you can reach someone through that.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Try Eurosport through facebook or Twitter. Maybe you can reach someone through that.

Remember last season, when I started doing the TV Schedule threads. I would always start with the schedule for Eurosport International, from tv.eurosport.com . But then, during the season, http://tv.eurosport.com started re-directing to the local Eurosport listings page (in my case, http://tv.eurosport.co.uk ). And, hence, I lost access to the EUrosport International listings.

So, I sent an e-mail to [email protected] , complaining about the listings page re-directing. I even explained why having access to the listings for Eurosport International was essential to me. And for ages I did not get a reply.

Then I posted the same complaint as a negative review on their Facebook page. And guess what - almost immediately I got a reply to my e-mail apologising, and explaining that Eurosport International is not available in the UK, so that is why it is taking me to British Eurosport.

I didn't make any difference, though. The site continued to re-direct to the British Eurosport listings.

So, MidnightSkater is right that you are more likely to get a reply if you post a negative review on the Eurosport Facebook page. But, unfortunately, it probably won't make any difference to what you are complaining about.

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well I've kept the list of every single internet link that showed live coverage during the Olympics, so that will be at least one place to start hunting coverage down. As much as I love the Eurosport guys, I really hope Robin Cousins will show up for at least the GP final. But, as always, if I can hunt down a good live link I'll post it in the individual GP event thread.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Time to get annoyed again, British Eurosport (I don't know about international versions) are only showing (So far) at Skate Canada Pairs Short & Men's short on Friday then Saturday NO Dance or ladies Short but a repeat of the Men's Short & Pairs Short & then Men's & Pairs Free on Saturday.
It looks like British Eurosport at least are going to really screw around the viewers in this Grand Prix Series. It's mainly Superbike & Snooker coverage, nice (!).

LRK

Record Breaker
It's odd that they would show some things twice - whilst others not even once? It's just all so... :scratch:

I remember once when they showed the medal ceremony... but not the actual LP. Why in the name of goodness would I want to see the medal ceremony of a competition I haven't seen? That's just adding insult to injury! "Hey! We showed you the medal ceremony - you now saw who won - what more do you need?"

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
And yet with tennis we know what the players had for breakfast & get footage of them on the practice courts !.
Can you imagine Eurosport only showing two of the four quarter final matches at the French Open & nothing of the other two ?.
I guess we should be thankful that they are showing the Grand Prix Series at all. After so many years without it.

TMC

Record Breaker
It's odd that they would show some things twice - whilst others not even once? It's just all so... :scratch:

This is exactly what I don't get either.

And then of course they are showing "Ladies Free" a whole two hours before showing "Ladies Free LIVE", so I'm kinda baffled as to how that works :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This is exactly what I don't get either.

And then of course they are showing "Ladies Free" a whole two hours before showing "Ladies Free LIVE", so I'm kinda baffled as to how that works :laugh:

I just took it as being a typing error by whoever wrote the descriptions. Sure, there are loads of programmes on in the days between Skate America and Skate Canada that have not been given a description on the continental Eurosports, but have been described as "Ladies Free" on British ESP!

Anyway, just to let you know that I have started the Skate America TV thread. It can be found here:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?52329-Schedule-amp-TV-Streams-Skate-America

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan