2014 Croatia Cup JGP Ladies Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 Croatia Cup JGP Ladies Free Skate

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://www.isuresults.com/results/jgpcro2014/jgpcro2014_JuniorLadies_FS_Scores.pdf

Along with the pop (with what was to be a 2A-3T) and the fall, Karen also got level 3 on a spin. 6.6 points lost on the combo + 2.5 (fall/-GOE) on the Axel + .5 on the level 3 spin = 9.6 points. As I said Karen left the door open and while Maria had an fall (-3), she was pretty spot on with everything else.

So that's to say while I was rooting for Karen to win and get into the final, I'm OK with the scoring here. I do think Karen did much better today and she was not tentative, so that's a plus.

I guess the perk is that means she'll have to compete at sectionals...which is just 3 hours away from me, so maybe I'll get to see her skate in person.

Last edited:

Kuan

Final Flight
Yep, it's RUS v. JPN You have everyone.

Ahhh thank you! 3 vs. 3! How exciting :yes: Though I think Wakaba is the only real threat to the russian juniors. Don´t get me wrong, I really like Yuka and Miyu (Yuka a little bit more) but I wonder if they can challenge a clean Serafima or Evgenia...:think:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ahhh thank you! 3 vs. 3! How exciting :yes: Though I think Wakaba is the only real threat to the russian juniors. Don´t get me wrong, I really like Yuka and Miyu (Yuka a little bit more) but I wonder if they can challenge a clean Serafima or Evgenia...:think:

I think you'll see some combination of Wakaba/Serafima/Evgenia on the podium. It will be interesting who will come on top.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Happy to see Maria on top of a podium again!! Last season she qualified with two second places to win JGP final ahead of Sakhanovich and Medvedeva. Hope she gains more stability on jumps and spin levels. She lost points in the spins and GOE. All she need is perform jumps clearer and get those spin levels, maybe a little more speed. I'll keep my fingers crossed for her to at least make the podium there in Barcelona!! (This year is much tougher with Wakaba coming into scene and team Eteri getting huge scores)

oleada

Record Breaker
I am happy to se Maria win. Like Chen, she had a bad injury too, and it's nice to see her fight. I hope she can get her issues sorted and show her best in the final. Who knows, maybe she'll upset again. I like her subtle style.

Too bad about Chen. She has her the goods, but she had the opportunity to win this and didn't take it. I hope she has better programs next hear though.

starlight97

Final Flight
I think Serafima will win.
On paper the Gold should be hers to lose, yes.
But you never know what happens, especially not with girls so young. Compare Proklova's Short to her Free for example. No day is like the other.

(But I will be rooting for Serafima big time. I think her FS this season is miles ahead of many seniors, especially artistically and regarding expressiveness. Go girl! )

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
http://www.isuresults.com/results/jgpcro2014/jgpcro2014_JuniorLadies_FS_Scores.pdf

Along with the pop (with what was to be a 2A-3T) and the fall, Karen also got level 3 on a spin. 6.6 points lost on the combo + 2.5 (fall/-GOE) on the Axel + .5 on the level 3 spin = 9.6 points. As I said Karen left the door open and while Maria had an fall (-3), she was pretty spot on with everything else.

So that's to say while I was rooting for Karen to win and get into the final, I'm OK with the scoring here. I do think Karen did much better today and she was not tentative, so that's a plus.

I guess the perk is that means she'll have to compete at sectionals...which is just 3 hours away from me, so maybe I'll get to see her skate in person.

One of the judges gave Karen -2 GOE after fall on second axel. I though if someone falls it should be -3 GOE automatically. Now I know it's not necessary, but I can't understand why :scratch:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I am happy to se Maria win. Like Chen, she had a bad injury too, and it's nice to see her fight. I hope she can get her issues sorted and show her best in the final. Who knows, maybe she'll upset again. I like her subtle style.

Too bad about Chen. She has her the goods, but she had the opportunity to win this and didn't take it. I hope she has better programs next hear though.

I don't know if I agree that she didn't "take it." I don't think she was tenantive or anything like that. She went for everything; it just didn't go her way today. You could see it when she finished that she wasn't happy about the mistakes.

And I like her Godfather program.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
One of the judges gave Karen -2 GOE after fall on second axel. I though if someone falls it should be -3 GOE automatically. Now I know it's not necessary, but I can't understand why :scratch:

Key error, probably. I wouldn't read too much into that.

Elen2702

Rinkside
I am very glad for Masha. But I am sorry for Karen. She seems bright and interesting for me. I'd like to see her in Final. I hope to see Karen next year in JGPF.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I am very glad for Masha. But I am sorry for Karen. She seems bright and interesting for me. I'd like to see her in Final. I hope to see Karen next year in JGPF.

Bright and interesting! I like that description. I think bright is a great way to describe her. She definitely has a spark that draws me in.

I really think Karen doesn't have anything to be ashamed of. She still medaled in both her JGP events. Onward!

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Key error, probably. I wouldn't read too much into that.

I remember Yulia got all +3's for a perfectly executed layback in Sochi except one judge who gave her a -3. :laugh:

catchie

On the Ice
Nice to see Diana turn in a performance she's proud of including a 3T-3T! Lots of impressive skaters from Lativia this season....did they get a awesome new coach or program or something?

I honestly have no idea. Probably just a coincidence.
Deniss Vasiljevs has been a Latvian rockstar since he was a little kid (like the only REAL hope) and since he trains in France he's got only better and better (though he really needs technical help if he wants to be on the podium).

I have no clue what happened to Angelina Kuchvalska in summer. Last season she had just 3S, 3T and a bad 3Lo on whom she always fell. How did she get 3T+3T, 2A+3T, 3Lz, 3F and a nice 3Lo in one summer - no idea. But kudos to her for doing that! :clap:
And Diana Nikitina was another Latvian hope too (but actually, just in my eyes - Deniss got all the real fame) - her jumps had always been great - she had all the triples and 3-3 even last year, when she was just a novice skater. I really crossed fingers for her junior debut, and wow - a 5th place! That is SO amazing by a skater from Latvia. I may not be right, but she might be the youngest ever Latvian to get a 3Lz (never mind the 3-3). Also she trains under Andrei Brovenko, who also coaches Alina Fjodorova, who also had great jumps until the puberty monster hit her very harshly.

They all have different coaches, training locations and have nothing in common, but man - that's the best content we have had in centuries! :yay: