Boyang Jin and Shoma Uno JGPF show down! | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin and Shoma Uno JGPF show down!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I think it's down to these two to win the gold at the JGPF.
Boyang has a huge TES and Shoma's upped his game in that department as well.
They've actually scored higher in TES than most of the Senior B competitions we've had so far this year.
In the presentation department, I think Shoma wins hands down, but if Boyang can complete all his jumps cleanly, he may win.
Who do you think will take the gold?
Who might be a surprise winner and get the gold besides these two?
:)

GF2445

Record Breaker
For me Shoma has to win. He mght not be as technically advantaged as Boyang Jin but his qualityof skating is much stronger.

AprilS

On the Ice
This is going to be so exciting! Between the Shoma/Boyang showdown in mens and the Serafima/Evgenia/Wakaba showdown (probably more Evgenia/Wakaba showdown for silver/bronze) in ladies, I can't wait for the jgpf! Interesting to note that Shoma's PB is about 6 or 7 (I think) points higher than Boyang's. Since Shoma is really consistent, I think that it will boil down to how clean Boyang is :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Team Shoma. I am so sorry for Boyang but at the moment I can't enjoy his performances.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I'm just too excited for the young talents we've been seeing during this JGP :biggrin: Regardless of the podium order, I just hope these skaters continue to grow, remain healthy, and continue to wow us with their performances and skill! :popcorn:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Do you guys think Petrov have a chance against them?

Meoima

Match Penalty
If Petrov ends up as the winner of JGPF, I will laugh all the way to Words muahahahahha. He's my favorite.
Frankly I think Mishin is wiser than both Boyang and Shoma's coach. Because these boys are still growing. Too much quad might leave bad effect on their bodies.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
If Petrov ends up as the winner of JGPF, I will laugh all the way to Words muahahahahha. He's my favorite.
Frankly I think Mishin is wiser than both Boyang and Shoma's coach. Because these boys are still growing. Too much quad might leave bad effect on their bodies.

Petrov's got a chance too if he skates clean.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Petrov's got a chance too if he skates clean.
Petrov has a chance in the SP because his 3A is better than both Shoma and Boyang. But his Lp doesn't have quad, so even if he skates clean, and the other 2 get their quads done, it's not easy for Petrov.
But personally I think Petrov might be better than both Shoma and Boyang in the future... Because Mishin knows better. He knows that you shouldn't push youngsters too much when they are still growing. But anyways it's just my humble opinion. As for now I see that it's either Shoma or Boyang for the gold.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Crossing my fingers for Petrov! He's the most... balanced(?) of the junior boys imo. He might not have a quad now, but his coach is Mishin so he'll probably have one soon after this season, I think. He probably has the best overall technique of the three.
edit: also, isn't petrov more than a year younger than jin and uno?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Crossing my fingers for Petrov! He's the most... balanced(?) of the junior boys imo. He might not have a quad now, but his coach is Mishin so he'll probably have one soon after this season, I think. He probably has the best overall technique of the three.
exactly my thoughts. :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
edit: also, isn't petrov more than a year younger than jin and uno?

He's 15 right now according to Wikipedia, and Shoma and Boyang are 16.
Petrov's Triple Axels are really beautiful and he commands the ice well for such a young man.

Shoma is also a quite well-rounded skater. Good spins, good musicality, good skating skills. I don't particularly like his FS this year as it seem generic, but his jumps have improved at a tremendous rate.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Shoma is a more balanced skater than Boyang, but I also prefer Petrov to either of them. I think Shoma's skating channels Daisuke so much that it makes me a little uncomfortable. I'd rather go back & watch Dai moving like that than a tiny teenager...if you know what I mean. Anyway, since Petrov will probably be third I can't get too excited about this "showdown," and my other favorite jrs. did not make the top 6. Maybe next time.

robinhood

Rinkside
Skating skills wise Shoma is in another level compared to the rest of the field...Petrov is a textbook jumper but his style is done as the Gachinsky and Plushy manner. I see improvements in Boyang's skating in comparison to last season but he's still behind the other top contenders, imho
From the rest I like the young Canadian very much. He looks very natural on the ice.

UnChosen

On the Ice
I want Boyang to win just because you rarely see technical skaters win now. Might as well enjoy the technical fireworks while watching juniors because once in senior even a five quad program won't be able to win against two quad program from Hanyu or Chan.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I want Boyang to win just because you rarely see technical skaters win now. Might as well enjoy the technical fireworks while watching juniors because once in senior even a five quad program won't be able to win against two quad program from Hanyu or Chan.
If Boyang doesn't win it's entirely understandable because of his poor presentation. And his technical side is not strong as some people claim him to be. Have you watched his landing?