U.S INTERNATIONAL ASSIGNMENTS (UPDATEED) | Golden Skate

U.S INTERNATIONAL ASSIGNMENTS (UPDATEED)

S

someonein2003

U.S INTERNATIONAL ASSIGNMENTS (UPDATEED)

This is for anyone who wanted to know, USFSA listed some of the JGP events to skaters today . Also DON/HUNT got another GP assignemt and they still have L/T listed in three events.It looks like they have not assigned all their juniors skaters yet because alot of the boxes are still empty in the JGP section.

www.usfsa.org/team/assign.htm?siteid=983

T

tharrtell

Re: U.S INTERNATIONAL ASSIGNMENTS (UPDATEED)

We'll see if second time's a charm for AP and her Russian visa;)

J

Joesitz

Thanks for the update.

Apparently, Johnny Weir is banned from skating anything.

L&T are listed so I guess all is well.

Cohen skating only two events.

Joe

M

milanessa

Joe,

I'm confused - I see Cohen in Lalique, SA and SC. Is that a change in the last hour or do you mean she isn't going to accept one of the assignments?

gerry

R

RealtorGal

<strong><span style="color:teal;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:medium;">Why no one for the Golden Spin in Croatia? I see Angela is assigned to Finlandia. Didn't she win that a couple of years ago?</span></strong>

J

Joesitz

Milinessa - Yup. It's my dysexia creeping back and forth.

Joe

T

thvudragon

It still makes no sense that the ISU has removed L&T from their GP rosters, and have already replaced them, while the USFSA continues to list them. I guess we'll have to wait to get a defenite answer.

TV

M

milanessa

:lol: Happens to me all the time, Joe.

gerry

S

skatingfan5

Assignments are not final

There will undoubtedly be quite a few changes to the assignments list before the competitions actually take place, so this list certainly isn't written in stone. Johnny Weir isn't "banned" from anything, but I expect that the USFSA wants to monitor how he does this summer before they assign him to any events. As far as Angela is concerned, I don't think she ever competed at Finlandia before, but I could be wrong. Sasha Cohen won that event in 2001 and Angela won the 4 Continents Championship in 2000, perhaps there is some confusion with those?

P

Ptichka

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I'm confused - I see Cohen in Lalique, SA and SC. Is that a change in the last hour or do you mean she isn't going to accept one of the assignments?[/quote]
The seeded skaters do three events, though only two count. They have to choose ahead of time which 2 events will count toward the GPF points. Even though the 3d event does not count toward the GPF, they still get the prize money; besides, it's a chance to prevent some of the opponents from getting too many points. For example, in the last GP, Yoshi Onda did NHK as non-counting event. She won it. If she skipped it, Shizuka Arakawa would have gotten 2nd place instead of 3d, thus giving her grand total of 13 points and getting her, not Kwan, into GPF.

J

Jaana

>RealtorGal
Why no one for the Golden Spin in Croatia? I see Angela is assigned to Finlandia. Didn't she win that a couple of years ago?>

I don´t think Angela has ever participated in Finlandia Trophy? Definetely I believe that she has not won it. It is normally a Russian lady who wins. Exceptions have been Sasha Cohen in 2001 and Susanna Pöykiö in 2002.

Marjaana

S

sk8ing lady2001

Thanks for the link! Good luck Sasha and everyone else! :)