German Nationals 2014/15 (Seniors & Juniors Ice Dance Dec 12-14) | Golden Skate

German Nationals 2014/15 (Seniors & Juniors Ice Dance Dec 12-14)

Alex D

Record Breaker
When:

12.12.2014 - 14.12.2014

Where:

Eiswelt Stuttgart

Keßlerweg 8, 70597 Stuttgart

Schedule (subject to changes):

Friday, 12th of December

17:30 CET Draw @ townhall Degerloch

18:00 CET Official welcome event by the city of Stuttgart (for officials, press & skaters)

Saturday, 13th of December

07.00 CET Seniors (Main Rink) / Juniors Ice Dance (Practice Rink)

15:00 CET start of competition

Novice / Advanced Ice Dance CD
Juniors / Seniors Ice Dance SD
Men Short
Pairs Short
Ladies Short

21.30 CET competition end

Sunday, 14th of December

07:00 CET Seniors (Main Rink)
Juniors Ice Dance (Practice Rink)

12:00 CET Competition start

Men FS
Pairs FS
Ladies FS
Ice Dance FD
Juniors / Advanced FD

20.00 CET Exhibition Skate

Announcement:

http://www.eislauf-union.de/Deutsch...sponsor_p_offset=0&kkview_download_p_offset=0 (In German)

Detailed Results and Entries

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Alex D, will you be going?

I have not decided this yet. I need to see where I stand financial wise after the NRW Trophy at the end of November. ;) I would love to go especially since it seems that most German journalists will go to the GP final this year as both events clash and someone has to write about our German athletes in Stuttgart and keep the press seats warm :laugh:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Entries

The DEU released the entries today,

Men

1 Alexander BJELDE

2 Panagiotis POLIZOAKIS

3. Franz STREUBEL

4. Christopher BERNECK

5. Paul FENTZ

6. Peter LIEBERS

7. Alexander BETKE

8. Matthias HECHLER

9. Niko ULANOVSKY

10. Martin RAPPE

11. Christopher HÜTTL

Ladies:

1. Sarah Hecken

2. Luisa Weber

3. Nathalie Weinzierl

4. Anneli KAWELKE

5. Alina Mayer

6. Jennifer PARKER

7.Nicole SCHOTT

8. Lutricia BOCK

9. Sandy HOFFMANN

10. Anne ZETZSCHE

Pairs:

1. Danielle MONTALBANO / Konrad HOCKER-SCHOLLER

2. Annabelle PRÖLß / Ruben Blommaert

3. Minerva-Fabienne HASE / Nolan SEEGERT

4. Mari VARTMANN /Aaron VAN CLEAVE

Dance:

1. Jennifer URBAN / Sevan LERCHE

2. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA /Alexander GAZSI

3. Sophia JONES / Christian NÜCHTERN

4. Nathalie REHFELD /Bennet PREISS

To note is, some skaters like Urban / Lerche or Luisa Weber are not yet able to start, due missing starting conditions. These skater are marked with a * in the official announcement that you can see here.

http://www.eislauf-union.de/download/Meldeliste.pdf

You will also be able to find the juniors and young talents who compete in Ice Dance there.

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
The DEU released the entries today,

Men

1 Alexander BJELDE

2 Panagiotis POLIZOAKIS

3. Franz STREUBEL

4. Christopher BERNECK

5. Paul FENTZ

6. Peter LIEBERS

7. Alexander BETKE

8. Matthias HECHLER

9. Niko ULANOVSKY

10. Martin RAPPE

11. Christopher HÜTTL

Ladies:

1. Sarah Hecken

2. Luisa Weber

3. Nathalie Weinzierl

4. Anneli KAWELKE

5. Alina Mayer

6. Jennifer PARKER

7.Nicole SCHOTT

8. Lutricia BOCK

9. Sandy HOFFMANN

10. Anne ZETZSCHE

Pairs:

1. Danielle MONTALBANO / Konrad HOCKER-SCHOLLER

2. Annabelle PRÖLß / Ruben Blommaert

3. Minerva-Fabienne HASE / Nolan SEEGERT

4. Mari VARTMANN /Aaron VAN CLEAVE

Dance:

1. Jennifer URBAN / Sevan LERCHE

2. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA /Alexander GAZSI

3. Sophia JONES / Christian NÜCHTERN

4. Nathalie REHFELD /Bennet PREISS

To note is, some skaters like Urban / Lerche or Luisa Weber are not yet able to start, due missing starting conditions. These skater are marked with a * in the official announcement that you can see here.

http://www.eislauf-union.de/download/Meldeliste.pdf

You will also be able to find the juniors and young talents who compete in Ice Dance there.

As mentioned here,

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...en-Blommaert&p=1038706&viewfull=1#post1038706

Annabelle and Ruben will not compete as they decided to split. If they will look for a new partner or compete in singles in future is yet be seen. Both however said that they will keep looking forward into direction of Olympia 2018.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know that the Entry/Results page has finally appeared, and can be found at:

http://www.deu-event.de/results/dm2015/index.htm

When I copied the start order tables into the original post in the Predictions Game thread, I discovered there have been a whole pile of withdrawals since Alex D kindly posted the entry lists.

So, a note for anybody playing the National Championships Predictions Game:

While we will try our best to take this into account when doing the scoring, it might be a good idea to amend your predictions if you do not have enough alternates to cover the withdrawals.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Liebers in 3rd? Well, I guess he hasn't competed since Worlds, huh? Oh well...I'm rooting for Franz because I like his hair. :rofl:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Nevermind, it was my fault for translating a page to english & then getting confused that the German names had also been translated :laugh2:

Last edited:

TarAncalime

On the Ice
Here is the Free Skate of Nicole Schott, the Ladies' Winner at the German Nationals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2KNm7adRpk&feature=youtu.be

The German Skating Federation didnt manage to have a live score or a live stream #BigFail, but Nicole's father did video his daugther's Free skate. For next year, the German Nationals will be in Essen and I promise I organize a Social media coverage and a livestream if possible as it is my home skating club hosting the event!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDNZ37bvkf8

The Short Program by Nicole Schott!

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Here is the Free Skate of Nicole Schott, the Ladies' Winner at the German Nationals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2KNm7adRpk&feature=youtu.be

The German Skating Federation didnt manage to have a live score or a live stream #BigFail, but Nicole's father did video his daugther's Free skate. For next year, the German Nationals will be in Essen and I promise I organize a Social media coverage and a livestream if possible as it is my home skating club hosting the event!

:rock: :points: :clap: :bow:

For TarAncalime

Alex D

Record Breaker
I was sadly unable to get online in the past few days to update things, I also couldn't attend the nationals sadly so thanks to everyone for helping out! ;)

I will try to write a little summary, but without actually being there this will be so Eurosport like :cheer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2KN...ature=youtu.be

Nice, thank you.

we will see each other then, please bare with the journalists and give us some tea if possible ;)

On a more serious note, if the date doesn't clash again with work I hope to be there as well and run the blog like I did at Berlin last year. :)

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
German Nationals Round UP

Franz Streubel and Nicole Schott are leading the German team into the European Championships at Stockholm, in January.

Both skaters who already won their competitions two weeks ago at Dortmund, showed great consistency and improved their former Personal Bests, to 165.28 for Nicole and 209.63 for Franz. The defending champion and 8th at Sochi, Peter Liebers had to withdraw after the short, being third with 66.62 points.
Liebers who had to skip the whole GP season already, decided to not skate his FS, as he felt that he couldn't give his best, still suffering under the effects of a shoulder surgery from August and the lack of ice practice.

I don't just want to skate, I want to skate well. The FS of four and a half minutes is still to early for me, the pressure on my physical condition to high.

The Berlin based skater who came 6th last year at Budapest, will still get the chance to defend that position at Stockholm, as he was nominated by the DEU to accompany Franz & Nicole together with former National Champion Nathalie Weinzierl who came second at Stuttgart.

Mari Vartmann and Aaron van Cleave who won their first national title were nominated to represent Germany in the pairs competition, while team Oberstdorf consisting of Jennifer Urban / Sevan Lerche and Alex & Nelly who won their sixth title for Germany, will start in the Ice Dance competitions.
Also to note are a very good FS by Sarah Hecken who climbed up from six to four and of course the men who came second only trailing by 3.50, Paul Fentz. The decision to send his team comrade to Stockholm was already made in advance prior competition.

The very talented 15 years old Lutricia Bock who won silver at the Volvo Cup last month, came 3th in her very first senior national championships after winning the juniors twice in a row. The Junior Nationals by the way, will be held from 08.01.2015 - 11.01.2015 at Oberstdorf.

Videos & Results page:

Nicole Schott: (thanks to her dad and TarAncalime)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2KNm7adRpk

Results: http://www.deu-event.de/results/dm2015/index.htm

Last edited:

TarAncalime

On the Ice
I was sadly unable to get online in the past few days to update things, I also couldn't attend the nationals sadly so thanks to everyone for helping out! ;)

I will try to write a little summary, but without actually being there this will be so Eurosport like :cheer:

Nice, thank you.

we will see each other then, please bare with the journalists and give us some tea if possible ;)

On a more serious note, if the date doesn't clash again with work I hope to be there as well and run the blog like I did at Berlin last year. :)

:cheer:Please do! I am getting the tea ready ;-9 a blogger would be great...so lets hope that the GPF doesnt again clash. the ISU hasnt announced the GPs anyway, so there is hope.

Another thing: Why werent Hase/Seeger chosen to go? they got the minimum scores in both SP and FS in TES for Europeans, but werent selected, why? IMO they should have been given a go....

Nirti

Medalist
Juniors were held in january : http://www.deu-event.de/results/dnm2015/

Boys

FPl. Name Club Nation Points SP FS
1 Anton KEMPF MEV BAY 169.09 1 1
2 Catalin DIMITRESCU ECO BAY 158.37 2 2
3 Dave KÖTTING TECW B-W 139.99 3 3
4 Thomas STOLL SCB BER 131.39 5 4
5 Marcello GEßNER EKLS B-W 117.43 6 6
6 Robert KUNKEL SCB BER 116.87 8 5
7 Marco ASAM MEV BAY 114.26 4 8
8 Fabian PIONTEK EVA BAY 113.80 7 7
9 Kurt Maximilian GROHMANN DREC SAS 98.58 9 9
WD Alexander PLOTNIKOV TGSV HES

Girls

FPl. Name Club Nation Points SP FS
1 Lea Johanna DASTICH DREC SAS 143.06 2 1
2 Maria-Katharina HERCEG ECRE BAY 126.31 1 2
3 Kristina ISAEV MERC B-W 123.19 4 3
4 Alissa SCHEIDT MEV BAY 114.85 3 8
5 Jennifer SCHMIDT BSV92 BER 114.42 5 5
6 Tina HELLEKEN DESV SAS 109.59 20 4
7 Kalina LEWICKA MERC B-W 105.89 11 7
8 Annika HOCKE SCC BER 105.62 13 6
9 Natalie KLOTZ EKVM BAY 105.37 8 9
10 Jasmin LUGERT TECW B-W 103.96 10 11
11 Tatjana HEß TUSS B-W 103.62 12 10
12 Paula MIKOLAJCZYK USGC SAS 103.45 9 12
13 Celine GÖBEL EJE NRW 101.64 6 14
14 Sarah ANDERSON MEV BAY 98.02 7 19
15 Julia KLOT DESV SAS 97.38 16 13
16 Katharina PAULUS TECW B-W 96.88 15 17
17 Mia HOLTKOTT EJE NRW 96.02 17 16
18 Samira HUSKIC ECO BAY 95.36 14 18
19 Minori YUGE BSV92 BER 93.00 27 15
20 Rebecca SCHWÄMMLE TECW B-W 90.24 19 22
21 Chiara THIELE ECO BAY 90.18 22 21
22 Lisa HANKE SCR BAY 88.84 24 24
23 Katharina FRIEBEN ERCW NRW 88.46 23 25
24 Christina SCHÖNER ECRE BAY 87.63 25 23
25 Nadine SEIDL MEV BAY 86.88 29 20
26 Sarah KRONSEDER EHCKL BAY 85.86 21 28
27 Meike RÖMPLER USGC SAS 84.62 18 29
28 Antonia STORM SCKR NRW 84.39 26 27
29 Katharina LESSER ECO BAY 84.03 28 26
WD Gina GEIGER TECW B-W

Pairs
1 Minori YUGE / Jannis BRONISEFSKI BSV92/SCB BER 87.81 1 1

TarAncalime

On the Ice
Hey, a little update from Essen for the next national championship in Essen! We had a club meeting yesterday evening preparing the national championship that is now in the official phase. I can already tell you that there will be a livestream thanks to the NRW Trophy team in Dortmund, myself and our media official from the cub will organise, link and monitor the media work and people. The overall coordinator and link to the DEU will be Dr. Stefan Steinmetz. Some of you will probably know him from some national skating events as a team doctor.

The event will start on Friday with a welcome for the officials with city guiding and afterwards a party in a restaurant as well as a official welcome by the city's Major in the City Hall. Saturday and Sunday will be dedicated to the competition closing with the gala on Sunday evening.

The current stage is now finding enough sponsors - any ideas and willing sponsors are welcome! :)

Included into the gala on Sunday will be a short club gala as our own club gala is canceled of course. Well, everyone has to make sacrifices ;-) The Essen Ruhr Cup also will not take place this year.

I will keep you posted.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thank you!

Good luck getting sponsors! Have you considered cruise lines? The group that does Rhine River cruises has been sponsoring skating broadcasts here in the US and was a new sponsor for US Nationals.

TarAncalime

On the Ice
Thank you!

Good luck getting sponsors! Have you considered cruise lines? The group that does Rhine River cruises has been sponsoring skating broadcasts here in the US and was a new sponsor for US Nationals.

Cruise lines? That is an idea...do you know the exact name of the sponsor by chance - got it..it is River Cruises. A Scandinavian company sponsoring a US event....hmm I actually suggested Tesla Motors sponsoring the National championships yesterday at the meeting....thoughts crossed.....Tesla Motors is going to open a store in Essen and I instantly thought of them as they are new they might not have too many appointments at first being the "new kid in town"... ;-)

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Viking River Cruises, I think.

The traditional wisdom is that skating fans are older and wealthier people, so cruises, for example, are a good fit.

Also, a couple of sales pays for the ad, another plus

Also stuff skaters might use-skates, blades, costumes, makeup

Winter themed items

If any companies are sponsoring any of the skaters, they might be worth a try.

Eurosport to advertise their coverage of Euros, 4ccs and Worlds?.

At various times we've had Soup, Jam, Hot Chocolate, Kleenexes, Makeup, Skating Tours (Dash Tours), other competitions (Worlds in Boston?), jewelry (Pandora), pricy watches, computers, cars & hotels

Last edited: