Judges' country chart for 2015 Euros, 4CCs, Jr Worlds, Worlds | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Judges' country chart for 2015 Euros, 4CCs, Jr Worlds, Worlds

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
But there's only ONE American judge, and the Canadian judge is very often NOT in agreement with the US judge. US skaters will always be at a disadvantage when there is a judging panel with 3 or more former SSR judges, because those judges will automatically prefer the Russian style, meaning higher PCS scores for the Russian / Russian style skaters even if they make mistakes.

So, former SSR judges will automatically prefer the Russian style, but the Canadian judge will often not? Why does this work only one way?
Plus the number of Russian coaches working with American/Canadian dance pairs allows to assume that "the Russian style" is not "uniquely" Russian anymore. The same goes for any other style. Styles merged greatly in the last decade (even earlier?). There is a new generation of coaches as well as of judges and they do not all prefer the same style that was associated with their country before.

And all these insinuations of old-political block alliances so do not work anymore. Those who continue with them do not know a lot about current state of affairs between ex-USSR states.

cooper

Medalist
eating popcorn...

:popcorn:

thank god my favorite skater is retired.. so i can enjoy the never ending drama of figure skating..

QuadThrow

Medalist
There is only one country sending the maximun of four judges to EUROs.

It is Germany! :points: crazy

Everyone who arues against Russian and post-Russians influence on ISU results is just blind. Take a short look on women´s results (EUROs 2014, Olympics 2014) Pairs (EUROs 2010, whole Seasons 2012-2014) and Men (Euros 2011, Olympics Team 2014).

Alba

Record Breaker
Everyone who arues against Russian and post-Russians influence on ISU results is just blind. Take a short look on women´s results (EUROs 2014, Olympics 2014) Pairs (EUROs 2010, whole Seasons 2012-2014) and Men (Euros 2011, Olympics Team 2014).

A part from the ladies Oly 2014 that was controversial, what about the rest?
I'm sure you don't have an issue with S&S placing in front of the canadians at Worlds 2013 with that ridiculous Bolero, right?

Take a short look at the German judge here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTJ-FK3PALA

Putting Kazakova&Dmitriev at 4th place in Nagano, and as the Eurosport commentator rightly said: Pathetic attempt to get Wötzel&Steuer the gold."
Now, that judge should've been expelled. But no, the Germans are so honest. They're not biased. :sarcasm:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'm sure you don't have an issue with S&S placing in front of the canadians at Worlds 2013 with that ridiculous Bolero, right?

Recall the scoring at Cup of Russia last season?

And it's a little funny to say "Other than the OLYMPICS" what was controversial?

Although I agree that it's farfetched to say Russians are the only ones who influence ISU results (even though they certainly play a big role in that).

Alba

Record Breaker

And it's a little funny to say "Other than the OLYMPICS" what was controversial?

Why it is funny? The OP was specific about those competition and I replied to that.
I recall everything, don't worry. Are you suggesting that SC and SA are somehow better when it comes to their own skaters, when they have strong ones?

The difference is that I do not think other big fed's are somehow better when it comes to politicks, that's my point.
So, I would suggest to all of us (I'm not addressing to you specifically in this case), let's drop this holier-than-thou attitude because it's ridiculous.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Although I agree that it's farfetched to say Russians are the only ones who influence ISU results (even though they certainly play a big role in that).

:agree::agree::agree:

gmyers

Record Breaker
The current politics of the former SSRs (EST, LAT, KAZ, GEO, UZB, etc) vis a vis their relationship with Russia doesn't enter into judging skaters. Many of these former SSR judges are well over 50 and were trained under the Soviet system. Their cultural value system is deeply engrained, and they will naturally prefer the Russian style of skating over the Western style. A 9-member judging panel with 3 or more former SSRs in addition to RUS will more than likely have a skewed result.

The only proper thing is to ban all former soviet republics as they are all Russian judges. And of course ban all russian names not from Russia.

QuadThrow

Medalist

Take a short look at the German judge here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTJ-FK3PALA

Putting Kazakova&Dmitriev at 4th place in Nagano, and as the Eurosport commentator rightly said: Pathetic attempt to get Wötzel&Steuer the gold."
Now, that judge should've been expelled. But no, the Germans are so honest. They're not biased. :sarcasm:

A part from ladies Olympics 2014 was conrtoversial? in my opinion it an absolutly failure and a huge scandal. i have almost broken in tears after watching this event on TV. 1000 Arguments for Kim, 1 argument for Sotnikova.

your are right, i do not have a problem with S/S placing in front of the canadians Worlds 2013. The score of the German Free Skate were only 1,14 pionts higher than the Free Skate of the Canadian. It was really tight. You cannot really see a difference in the pionts and i cannot relly see a difference in the level of perfromence. The Germans made two big mistakes but two enormous throws and much better lifts. The Canadians underrotated their jumps and got lower levels for their lift.
The Bolero of the Germans were not as good as their former programms (a little slow and without highlights excepts the ending) but to be honest, the skating skills and the transitions of the canadians are far away from the skllis of S/S and their program was nothing special, too. And meagean throws´ technic is completly unaestethic.

i have never seen the whole pairs 1998 competition because i was too young. but you are right, the german voting was completly unfair. but i was talking about russian influence on the judging today!(and not about one stupid judge voting with national preferences)

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
The only proper thing is to ban all former soviet republics as they are all Russian judges. And of course ban all russian names not from Russia.

Crossing my fingers & toes that this post is sarcastic and not meant to be taken seriously.