2014 Skate America SD 10/24 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America SD 10/24

Sackie

Medalist
No contest here - it will be C/B and S/S in the top 2 spots. The bigger question is how much will their scores jump from their early events. I can see C/B being around 70 in the short and 105-6 in the long, and S/S being around 68 in the short and 104-5 in the long.

SHA

Rinkside
Although the Shibs skated two weeks later than C/B I see more room for improvement in Shibs SD. Their 2nd Pattern was level 1 NNN which should go up considerably and their NtDiSt was Level 2 which should go up. I see Shibs on top and his costume has got to be a real tailor made matador - nothing spared.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Start order

Warm-Up Group 1

1 Elisabeth PARADIS / Francois-Xavier OUELLETTE CAN
2 Anastasia CANNUSCIO / Colin MCMANUS USA
3 Federica TESTA / Lukas CSOLLEY SVK
4 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS

Warm-Up Group 2

5 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA
6 Nicole ORFORD / Thomas WILLIAMS. CAN
7 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA
8 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looking at the tech panel, anything can happen---Dostatni and Ponomarenko. We won't know who's on the judging panel until 20 minutes before the event starts.
Still, I find it hard to believe that Stepanova/Bukin can blossom from an 8th place at SC 2013 to a silver at SA 2014, even if SWR. It isn't as if the Shibutanis are nobodies....

ETA

Stepanova had a bad fall into the boards during practice today and had to go to the hospital for x-rays. Not a good start for the season for this Russian team.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Too bad about Stepanova... would have been a great start to their season to pick up the easy bronze (or even challenge for higher). Hope she's okay.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Bed-time here for me! I hope to wake up and find some good skating ready to be watched :popcorn::popcorn:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Thanks in advance to everyone that posts stream links :bow:

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
Probably a stupid question but the short dance is supposed to start at 5:00 in Chicago. It's 6:41 right now so why is nothing happening on the ISU results page?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I've been looking but can't find a stream anywhere. If someone does can you please post the link on here? Thank you!