2014 Skate America Pairs SP 10/25 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America Pairs SP 10/25

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
One of the best SP skates I have seen from K/S. Wondeful performance, the class of the field, loved the SBS 3T, the thow, lift, death spiral even the twist seemed better than usual. Surprised to see two negative GoE's in the judges score. Really hope they have a strong season, they deserve it.

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULTS

1. Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 69.16 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG (CHN) - 62.38 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER (USA) - 61.08 Short Program, 2nd Copy
4. Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM (USA) - 60.61 Short Program, 2nd Copy
5. Madeline AARON / Max SETTLAGE (USA) - 58.41 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Vanessa GRENIER / Maxime DESCHAMPS (CAN) - 51.13 Short Program
7. Annabelle PRÖLSS / Ruben BLOMMAERT (GER) - 48.87 Short Program
8. Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER (AUT) - 45.27 Short Program

meem

On the Ice
Wow - Kavaguti & Smirnov's SP was the best I've ever seen them skate. Beautiful choreography, technique. And the music? Nothing elevates a program like Meditation on Thais! Second wow goes to Aaron and Settlage. I'm going to enjoy this gorgeous SP of theirs all season. Did they incorporate ballet with their technical program or what? Madeline absolutely radiates as the ballerina on ice. 3rd wow for Denney and Frazier--they're fun and exciting and here's hoping they stay together for the next 4 years.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I don't recall seeing Aaron / Settlage before, but more than the other two American pairs, this pair just blew me away. I sincerely hope to see a lot more of them in the future, and this program, too. It's gorgeous!
And Kavaguti/Smirnov, a big :clap: What a comeback! Missed them terribly last season, they are one of my favorite pairs.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I don't recall seeing Aaron / Settlage before, but more than the other two American pairs, this pair just blew me away. I sincerely hope to see a lot more of them in the future, and this program, too. It's gorgeous! ...

We will see Aaron/Settlage next week at Skate Canada International. :) They're starting their GP career with a bang -- with the first two events of their debut season.

And if you want to check out videos of their Challenger events, they won the bronze at the U.S. Classic in SLC and competed at Nebelhorn.

Hope they have a great FS today.