2014 Skate America Pairs SP 10/25 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America Pairs SP 10/25

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Best of luck to Yuko and Sasha, I hope there return to the Grand Prix circuit goes well. It will be interesting to see who is the highest place US couple.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Start Order is up!

StN. Name Nation

Warm-Up Group 1

1 Vanessa GRENIER / Maxime DESCHAMPS CAN
2 Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT
3 Annabelle PRÖLSS / Ruben BLOMMAERT GER
4 Madeline AARON / Max SETTLAGE USA

Warm-Up Group 2

5 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV RUS
6 Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER USA
7 Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG CHN
8 Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM USA

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I suppose it will be China or Russia. I root for Yuko and Sasha but I won't be crying if Cheng and Hao win ;) Cheng looks so much mature than previous season, on the other hand - Yuko and Sasha look elegantly, gently and I cannot wait to see them.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Oh, so Aaron/Settlage are the characters in your avatar. Cool drawing, Max is really good.

Yes :) ... the mini-version in my avatar (although hard to see) is in support of Maddie and Max as they take on their first senior GP. :yay:

[ My wishful thinking is that if Max has time for additional sketching, maybe we will be so lucky that he will document more adventures with his roommate Jason Brown (a la Nebelhorn). :popcorn: ]

----------------------

Thx to Doris :bow: for starting the Skate America segment threads -- and for including all the useful reference links in the OPs for our convenience.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I am going to follow this. Interesting because most of the pairs are just names for me, no faces(nor feet :laugh: ). Still I don't think any of them is a new constellation… or?

Really want Kavaguti/Smirnov to succeed. They have been through so much supporting each other all the time. Want them to skate well for Moskvina also :thumbsup:

Ingo Steuer assists John Zimmerman with his US pair. The SID reported that Ingo has now an US working visa and permit until 2017. Good luck to him. At least the US and South Korea know good coaches when they see them. In contrast to German government authorities and Skating Fed that is!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...289.1073741885.100000378830253&type=1&theater

Which pair is that? What is SID? So Steuer eventually will coach more and more in US? Very good luck to him and the pairs who get his help.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think the Chinese will win, K and S who I really want to win have struggled with jumps since their return and really have not grown but I am hoping they will have abreak through year after all they have been through.

Alba

Record Breaker
It will be interesting to see who is the highest place US couple.

I'm rooting for Scimeca&Knierim.

Ingo Steuer assists John Zimmerman with his US pair. The SID reported that Ingo has now an US working visa and permit until 2017. Good luck to him. At least the US and South Korea know good coaches when they see them. In contrast to German government authorities and Skating Fed that is!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...289.1073741885.100000378830253&type=1&theater

I don't think that the German fed couldn't see how a good coach Steuer was/is.
His situation has nothing to do with his bravura, but there is a law and they can't do much about it unless they change it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am going to follow this. Interesting because most of the pairs are just names for me, no faces(nor feet :laugh: ). Still I don't think any of them is a new constellation… or?

Really want Kavaguti/Smirnov to succeed. They have been through so much supporting each other all the time. Want them to skate well for Moskvina also :thumbsup:

Which pair is that? What is SID? So Steuer eventually will coach more and more in US? Very good luck to him and the pairs who get his help.

Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier USA

There is an IN article about Ingo's move to Florida here:
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/10/24/99456280

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Someone help me please with the timing. When do pairs starts with European time?

Pairs are first, right?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Someone help me please with the timing. When do pairs starts with European time?

Pairs are first, right?

Yes, pairs are first today.

They start approx. two hours and twenty-five minutes from now.

flutzy13

On the Ice
Really think the big story here is S/K vs D/F for the bronze as I believe it's a precursor to the battle for the US title.

Go Haven and Brandon!