2014 Skate America Ladies SP 10/25 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America Ladies SP 10/25

elee63

Final Flight
Wait for it. We have some amazing posters here who always come to the rescue with links just in time..

andyjo24

Medalist
1. Elena
2. Liza
3. Park

is what I'm expecting. It's definitely not out of reach for So Youn to get on the podium if she lands her planned 7 triples in the free.

andyjo24

Medalist
1. Elena
2. Liza
3. Park

is what I'm expecting. It's definitely not out of reach for So Youn to get on the podium if she lands her planned 7 triples in the free.

Actually to think of it, probably Gracie will get 3rd because she has the reputation. She will get 10+ more points than Park in PCS. :rolleye:

Meoima

Match Penalty
It's Skate America so of course Gracie will medal (and she's not too terrible to not be able to medal). It's just with her consistency I don't think Gracie can get the gold.

MalAssada

Medalist
Don't forget home town advange... I'd be very happy with Park getting the bronze instead of Gracie, but 4th in her first Grand Prix isn't a bad result.

I'm also worried that maybe I'm too confident about Radio, the practice reports didn't sound good. First the rink size (though I don't understand it, aren't all rinks 60m/30m?) and then popping her jumps :eek:hwell:

EDIT: Meoima beat me.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
According to the interview with Liza posted in her Fan Fest (courtesy of adelia), the North American rinks are smaller than the Russian ones they're used to. I'm worried one of the Russian girls, with their huge jumps, is going to go flying into the boards... :slink: However, they've both competed in NA before, so I hope it's not too much of an issue.

FTnoona

Final Flight
To add onto bellflower's question, does the ISU have a standard size for their GP and World competition rinks or is it up to the organizers?

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Yeah, rinks in Canada and USA are smaller compared to Europe and Asia.. So skaters not from North America should adjust not only to the time zone, but to the size of a rink.
Radio has already skated in SA, Liza at SC and Worlds in Canada, so they have skated before at these rinks...

nox1

On the Ice
Yeah, rinks in Canada and USA are smaller compared to Europe and Asia.. So skaters not from North America should adjust not only to the time zone, but to the size of a rink.
Radio has already skated in SA, Liza at SC and Worlds in Canada, so they have skated before at these rinks...

Really? I find that so weird, I thought all 'olympic' sized rinks were 60x30m. Maybe the conversions are slightly off if they use a different unit?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's basically Olympic vs. Hockey size rinks. Hockey is more common here, so you see those sized rinks.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Dream podium:

1. Mirai
2. So Youn
3. Samantha

What is likely to happen:
1. Elena
2. Gracie
3. Free for all (Liza, maybe)

Sigh.

Meoima

Match Penalty
According to the interview with Liza posted in her Fan Fest (courtesy of adelia), the North American rinks are smaller than the Russian ones they're used to. I'm worried one of the Russian girls, with their huge jumps, is going to go flying into the boards... :slink: However, they've both competed in NA before, so I hope it's not too much of an issue.
the rink size won't be a problem for them. Don't worry.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yeah, rinks in Canada and USA are smaller compared to Europe and Asia...

An anecdotal exception: reporting on her experiences at Lombardia Trophy, silver medalist Hannah Miller of the U.S. wrote in her blog (emphasis added):
I had my first practice on Friday and I quickly noticed the rink felt short. I had to alter some of my jump set ups but I quickly got settled in.
http://figureskatersonline.com/hannahmiller/main/senior-international-debut/ (Oct 5)​

But I guess the big picture is that skaters from all countries have to be capable of making adjustments for rink size.

ioanablabla

On the Ice
Country
Romania
So when is the Ladies' short? I got really confused today by the comments on British Eurosport. They said they will be back tomorrow withe the ladies's FREE! Whut? Is it at a very crazy hour for Europe and they will show the short and the free tomorrow?
In my country Eurosport's schedule seems to show that. Help!