2014 Skate America Ladies SP 10/25 | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America Ladies SP 10/25

Jewels

On the Ice
I was not the one who brought up that her style was like Yu-Na's, others did.

As for who is more artistic that is subjective. I will say this I never cared for Kim's spiral. The foot position was never nice.I cannot think of anything like that on Carolina. Don't need huge flexibility but s pleasant position is always nice. It bothered me it was never fixed.

Well, your personal opinion is appreciated, but why do we have to debate on who was better, especially the ones who are not competing this season anyway? It is not needed here, it'll just offend the skater's fans.

thoakun

Final Flight
I feel like So Youn delivered the best performance of the night with that difficult music. I've always been biased toward her, but I love that every little movement is clear, mature and has a purpose. Too bad about the 3Lz but other than that, she has very good ice coverage and flow. Perhaps she was a bit understated for the judges and lacks international reputation, but I hope to see her PCS catching up with TES soon. She has her own graceful adorable style, and she''ll be the next So Youn Park.

gold12345

Medalist
I'm sure this has been touched upon somewhere earlier in the thread, but how in the world did Cesario not get an edge call on her 3Lz? I like her skating, but even she calls herself out on her flutz.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'm sure this has been touched upon somewhere earlier in the thread, but how in the world did Cesario not get an edge call on her 3Lz? I like her skating, but even she calls herself out on her flutz.
The panel has been overall VERY generous with her (and with all of the American girls, of course): watching the slow-motion, I was afraid of seeing a 3F<+3Lo<< and then 3Lz<e in the protocols, but she somehow only received one < and no edge call at all (the same could be said about Gracie's 3-3)... :confused2: I have stated many times that I love Sam's skating, but she's been objectively really really lucky with her score yesterday. I'm happy that she's landed this 3-3 for the first time in competition, though!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I think Radionova was a lock for the gold (because we all know Gracie is nervous) but it's the surprise that the judges actually put Liza above Radionova in the SP. I hope she will do well in the LP. It's still early anyways.

I was surprised too but watching the programs, I see that Liza is more refined than Elena. I agree with an earlier poster who said that Liza isn't "artistic" but she does programs that play to her strengths. She does not stretch, extend, or hold moves but she gets them all done and has enough difficulty and transitions to get great marks. I also agree with the many posters who think that Elena's programs are too busy. Again, though, her programs play to her strengths because they are youthful and exciting.

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Wouldn't you love to see her win, rather than beat Radionova?
Are you concerned more with Radionova losing or Elizaveta winning?

I would love to see elizaveta skate well and win, i really like her this season and i like both her programs. I would also like to see her beat Radionova as im not a fan of her.

On a different note i still dont know how Samantha Cesario didnt get an edge call on her flutz ??? :confused:

Alba

Record Breaker
On a different note i still dont know how Samantha Cesario didnt get an edge call on her flutz ??? :confused:

Not such a strange thing though, is it? It happens often.
Brown 3A also wasn't downgraded in the SP, for example.

Mangomango

On the Ice
Very true. Back then it looked like she was impersonating a helicopter with the way those things were whipping through the air. One thing Frank did do was smooth out her arms but they are still too stiff IMO; just better controlled. Gracie doesn't have natural flow through her arms. She's just stiff, from her arms to her knees. She's definitely improved but I doubt if she'll ever have "beautiful" arms.

Agreed! Her short this time had many uncontrollably swinging arm movement.
I was actually enjoying her performance until her step sequence. :eek:hwell:
Maybe she should find a programme that is more vivacious and similar to her personality. Slow movement of Grieg is lovely but not suitable for Gracie.
Speaking of her short, I think Elena's costume for the short was similar to Gracie's red one!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm beginning to see no hope that Gracie will ever put it together even in one competition and ever become a champion. Not only does she not handle her nerves and is becoming another Alissa or Mirai but she looks out of shape compared to last season.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Well, your personal opinion is appreciated, but why do we have to debate on who was better, especially the ones who are not competing this season anyway? It is not needed here, it'll just offend the skater's fans.

I was just stating my opinion. I posted without thinking but I was always saying Kim was good at artistry just not my fave. I realize others will disagree.

Amei

Record Breaker
Wouldn't you love to see her win, rather than beat Radionova?
Are you concerned more with Radionova losing or Elizaveta winning?

Well with the Russian ladies being so competitive right now - while winning is extremely important, finishing above the other Russian competitors in that particular competition is probably equally as important.

Alba

Record Breaker
Well with the Russian ladies being so competitive right now - while winning is extremely important, finishing above the other Russian competitors in that particular competition is probably equally as important.

Could be, if she beat a clean Russian competitor which I doubt a bit.

In anycase, the OP gave me the answer confirming what I thought in first place.
The importance of beating Radionova is because he/she doesn't like her.

mskater93

Record Breaker
I'm beginning to see no hope that Gracie will ever put it together even in one competition and ever become a champion. Not only does she not handle her nerves and is becoming another Alissa or Mirai but she looks out of shape compared to last season.
Oh, no, she's not out of shape at all - she's put some of her muscle back on that disappeared after moving to CA last year and her speed, flow, and jump height are returning to their former quality. This coming from sitting directly behind the judges this weekend.