2014 Skate America FD 10/25 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America FD 10/25

auser

Record Breaker
Thank you for the link--the "stream" tonight is more like a series of still pictures with occasional animated-gif-like movements. LOL! Oh, for the days of Latvian tv! (And no, I'm not kidding--the Latvian stream was like HD TV in comparison).
I was so grateful for that Latvia stream at the time, so kind of them to share and not geoblock. I'm sorry that today is not working well for you, but your reminder of that Latvian stream brightened my day:cool:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Shibs. Marina. Is this a bit of a die fledermaus recycle? Fell short for me. I'm an old grump tonight I guess!! Crowd seemed to like it. I just couldn't help compare to merely Charlie which isn't fair.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Maia and Alex...the epitome of elegance on ice. Classic, smooth, beautiful. :love: Maia is beautiful, Alex is handsome, skating is gorgeous...what more could you ask for, haha!

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
I really enjoyed both S/B and the Shibs. :) Well executed and thoughtfully choreographed dances for both!

I'm glad to see that Ouelette and Paradis' marks are holding up too!

MIM

Medalist
I was about to post S/B were great! then, there is S/S!!!!! OMG! I am so blessed!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Bravo!!!!!

eta: I thought they would score at least 100 on their FD. Will have to wait for protocols.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I found the Shibs rather dull and unoriginal. I loved the other American team. Oh well....I never claim to understand ice dancing :slink:

gmyers

Record Breaker
S/B need to do things which are more high level tech!! The will be 4th by a lot in tech and its not proper.

bramweld

Record Breaker
There is only one highlight in the Shib FD their twizzles. Everything else is a retread from some other program we've already seen them do. Their lifts are also not new or inventive. They deserve better than this.

LauraV

On the Ice
The Shibs were great. Their speed and precision was in a different class from the teams before them.

Scout

Final Flight
Step/Bukin Gorgeous dance spin. Love the low twizzle no matter what the tec panel says.

I'm not sure I love this program. Maybe it's just not fully cooked yet. They do complicated looking stuff aka lifts but to me it looks labored. I'm probably being too picky.

Not sure I heard/understood everything correctly, but the commentator I was listening to said that it had something to do with the entry edges to the twizzles and how they cannot enter all sets of twizzles on the same foot or something else about the number of steps in between the sets, and not the low position or the "spin" of it. Commentator said it was an easy choreographic change to make. I hope they can keep the low twizzles and not lose levels for it - it was unique and I loved them!

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
There is only one highlight in the Shib FD their twizzles. Everything else is a retread from some other program we've already seen them do. Their lifts are also not new or inventive. They deserve better than this.

At least Marina was actually with them this time...sigh :disapp:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Madison in voidy black dress with white sparkly panels. He in plain black. Oh no a stumble for madison near the end. I like watching them. She sure knows how to sell a program.