ISU World Team Trophy 2015 General Information | Golden Skate

ISU World Team Trophy 2015 General Information

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
Official Website
Announcement
Detailed Results and Protocols
Time and Practice Schedule

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but it seems there isn't any related thread yet.

So, it is officially announced today that ISU WTT 2015 will be held on 4/16-4/19 next year in, of course, Tokyo Japan. If you can read Japanese, you can find the information here: http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2014_Figure/WTT/15wtt__summary_information.pdf

Of course, at the moment countries as well as skaters are not confirmed. Schedule is as below:

4/16 Thursday
Opening Ceremony
Ice Dance SD
Ladies SP
Men SP

4/17 Friday
Pairs SP
Ice Dance FD
Men FS

4/18 Saturday
Pairs FS
Ladies FS
Victory Ceremonies

4/19 Sunday
Exhibition

Tickets "special" pre-sale starts tomorrow noon Japan time on TV Asahi website (http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/figure/wtt/), but public sale will be started from 1/31 next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the info. I always enjoy this competition. I will miss Dai competing here :cry:, maybe he will be a "guest" skater in the Exhibition Gala.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
What does this morning's tweet from an ISU judge mean? :think:

@_David_Molina
Qualified nations for World Team Trophy 2015, to compete in Tokyo on April 16th-19th: RUS, USA, JPN, CAN, CHN, FRA #figureskating #WTT15
4:29 AM - 23 Mar 2015
https://twitter.com/_David_Molina/status/579968241205952512

2015 Worlds results contribute to qualification points for WTT.

So how can the six qualifying nations already be known?
Are they all so far ahead that no other country's Shanghai results will make a difference? :confused2:
I have not tried to do the math ...

deneb

On the Ice
Final standings after Worlds:

1. RUS - 8517
  2. USA - 7641
  3. JPN - 6543
  4. CAN - 6400
  5. FRA - 4993
  6. CHN - 4368
  7. ESP - 2871
  8. GER - 2838
  9. ITA - 2604
  10. KAZ - 2383
  11. KOR - 2315
  12. CZE - 1988

ice coverage

Record Breaker
WTT = World Team Trophy

Team competition for Top 6 nations held in April in Japan.
Each team consists of 2 men, 2 ladies, 1 pair, 1 ice dance team.
Team placement are calculated by placement points (i.e. not tallying up scores of xxx.xx)

Great summary :).

A little addendum for those who don't know:

It has been held three times so far: 2009, 2012, 2013.
(It originally was scheduled for alternating years, but was rescheduled from 2011 to 2012 b/c of the tsunami.)

I believe it was conceived as an introduction to team skating in preparation for the Sochi team skating event (although the WTT and Olympic formats are not identical).​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Excerpt from the official announcement of qualifying countries:

30 Mar 2015 - Shanghai, China

... Team Russia is the top qualifier for the ISU World Team Trophy followed by the USA, Japan, Canada, France and China. The teams ranked 1 to 6 in the ISU World Team Standings qualified for the event.

Team Russia qualified with 8517 points. Team USA collected 7641 points while Japan earned 6543 points. Canada has 6400 points, France got 4993 points and China qualified with 4368 points. ...

http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pa...03/isu-world-team-trophy-2015-qualified-teams

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks! And how do they decide who skates? If there is a page I. could read the rules on i would appreciate it

Did you click on the link to the full announcement of the qualifiers -- which I had included in my post above?

More information is there, and it in turn has a link to all the WTT information on the ISU site.

(Individual countries make their own decisions as to which skaters represent them, if that is what you wanted to know??)

Last edited:

enlight78

Medalist
Can someone move this to the section with world's , 4cc, and Europeans, so it won't be so hard to find in the next two weeks, I just saw it by accident.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Can someone move this to the section with world's , 4cc, and Europeans, so it won't be so hard to find in the next two weeks, I just saw it by accident.

Yes, I second that.

When this thread was originally created by pandaatlarge, it was actually located in the ISU Figure Skating Championships forum. But it was moved to the Other International events forum shortly afterwards for some reason which I still can't understand.

The WTT is one of the major ISU Championships. So, it should be in the same forum as the other major ISU Championships. Not the forum for non-Challenger Series Senior B's and invitational events.

Although, to be honest, I would go further and have a full sub-forum for the WTT... ;) :biggrin:

(Incidentally, on a similar note, I thought the Winter Universiade should have been given a sub-forum within the ISU Championships forum as well. But, I didn't want to speak out at the time).

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yes, I second that.

When this thread was originally created by pandaatlarge, it was actually located in the ISU Figure Skating Championships forum. But it was moved to the Other International events forum shortly afterwards for some reason which I still can't understand. ...

:agree: Like CL_fan, I too have never understood why this WTT thread was moved out of the ISU Championships subforum.
Would love for it to return there.
Lumping it under Other Internationals is a peculiar place for it, IMO.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Many thanks :) to the mods :bow: for creating the new WTT subforum -- as a home for this thread, plus the other one (formerly in The Edge) that has WTT country/skater news.