Fave skater, bad program | Golden Skate

Fave skater, bad program

Ximena

Final Flight
another off season thread
What program have your favorite skater performed that you have go "why oh why did she/he/they pick that"?

It does not mean that it was bad program but you just didn't like it.

My fave skater is Plush and I was never able to like his "Michael Jackson Medley" I have never been a fan of Jacko so I'm hoping that that was the reason why I didn't like it.

What about yours?

Kwanisqueen81

Rinkside
Irina "Don Quixote"
Michelle "Rush" A day in the life"(liked the music but not the chro.)
Sasha "Carman"
Sarah "Don Quixote"(not a D.Q fan)
Tara "much ado about nothing"(you call *THAT* Chreogaphy)
Maria Bute 2002 oly long (just horrible)

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Ximena, how can you not love the MJ SP? It's got hip shaking! ;)

I am not particularly keen on Evgeni's Flamenco SP this year. I love the SL footwork, but that's about it.

Alexander Abt's Nyah just wasn't there. Maybe if he could've performed it injury free, but it just didn't seem to be a well put together program.

Laura :)

Ximena

Final Flight
in what season does MK skated to "Rush a day in the life"?

PrincessLeppard said:
Ximena, how can you not love the MJ SP? It's got hip shaking! ;)

Alexander Abt's Nyah just wasn't there. Maybe if he could've performed it injury free, but it just didn't seem to be a well put together program.

Oh but for hip shaking I have Bolero and OUATIA, not the same hip shaking but good enough for me ;)

As for Sasha's Nyah, I agree with you, the only time I liked it was when he did it for the Dmitriev or L&A show (don't remember in what of this shows he did it)

boggartlaura

On the Ice
Sale/Pelletier's Ballroom number from SOI this year. I love them, and normally, I love comedy on ice, but this wasn't funny. It was too relient on potty humor and the jokes were stupid.

Last edited:

Hermione_Granger

On the Ice
Ximena said:

My fave skater is Plush and I was never able to like his "Michael Jackson Medley"....
What about yours?

I never liked that one either and the costume....Ewww.
I don't know who designs his costumes, but they
should be fired. :laugh:

I'm a huge fan of Michelle's and I love all of her programs,
except for Miraculous Mandarin.
The music was way too choppy IMO.

Fave skater, bad program...
Anyone that uses Carmen.
I don't want to hear that music for a long time ! :D

--Hermione

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Paul Wylie......"On The Waterfront".........don't know why really, but I didn't like the music or his costume........42

berthes ghost

Final Flight
MK: Schez, Tosca, ReRach
Sarah: Daphne&Chloe
A&P: freedom or whatever 2002 FD was called
Paul Wylie: Mission Impossible
Mike Weiss: US battle tunes
Todd: almost everything he's ever done

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
B&A Sarajevo The whole bit running around from the bombs but smiling perkily, looking like Pooh saying Tut tut it looks like rain

B&K March with Me

Yagudin Broken Arrow

Michelle Scherazade she never seemed to really get into it either

T&D The Planets with the stupid ball floating around (think it was Venus?)

Boitano the mystery one he did this year Blech

Plush One Morning in America or whatever it was called. Gangster in toreador suit? Faking smoking? What is this?

Shizuka Umbrellas of Cherbourg with the blue wisps on the costume

Sasha Totally Agree Hernando's Hideaway. Just hate that music, and it didn't fit Sasha at all

sk8m8

Final Flight
Funny thing, but almost ALL the Free Dance routines from the Olympics in SLC turned me completely off.

First there was Babs and Gags version of I Will Survive, an awful version with hand clapping in the music (where their skating should have inspired clapping). But wait, this is supposed to be about people we like and their skating we don't, so....

We move on to second with the Gold and Silver Medalist, the French and the Russians who had bad music/routines and worse costumes. Love them, hate the whole Package.

Now that covers the medalists, and then...

Shae and Vic...should have been arrested for the MJ medley that was awful with awful cuts and awful costumes and hey, I LOVE THEM, in fact they are one of my favorite dance teams and IMHO one of the most undermarked dance teams of all times.

No wonder D&V were seething...no sour grapes, but how do you come in fifth to four teams that were far less effective than you?

Kateri

On the Ice
As a big A&P fan, I'd have to agree about the SLC free dance... very cheesy - but it was better than L&A's "tribute" to 9/11:sheesh: I'm sure they meant well, but.....

Stannick Jeanette's Le Petit Prince programme....now I love Stannick, and I love that book - but the two together? No. Especially as LPP is, like, a *child* and Stannick is, uh...not. Bad.

k.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
boggartlaura said:
Sale/Pelletier's Ballroom number from SOI this year. I love them, and normally, I love comedy on ice, but this wasn't funny. It was to relient on potty humor and the jokes were stupid.

I find that really funny because you're also a T/D fan... and Chris Dean choreographed that program... not being mean... I haven't seen the program... but most people have said it's really good... but I have no opinion... just thought I'd comment LOL

for me... it'd have to be Kurt Browning pre-Casablanca... during his "jump" obsession LOL... so not the same skater...

though his "Grand Canyon Suite/Can Can" program from 87-89 was really good...

lavender

Record Breaker
Michelle- Sherz, bringing back Rach and Fallen (so tired of that music).

Maria-everytime she would skate her long program for 2 seasons straight. I also hated most (not all) of her exhibition numbers.

Yagudin's Memorial program...boring.

A & P Olympic program

More fav skaters with bad programs but I can't think of them right now.

Last edited:

floskate

On the Ice
MK Shez and rerach - God knows I love this program but it didn't have the magic it had in '98. If however she were on tour doing her greatest hits a la T&D I'm sure it would be fabulous.:love:

Irina Slutskaya - never have liked any of her free's - until this year. I know she didn't skate well but the Queen of Spades was great.

Yags - Broken Arrow

Pretty much everything everyone else has mentioned really.

icenut84

Final Flight
Michelle Kwan - Aranjuez, Tosca. Well, they were ok I guess, but just a bit - nothingy. And not particularly memorable or grabbing, at least not to me. :sheesh:

That's actually all I can think of right now!

DivakawaFan

Rinkside
MK - Scherezade, Salome and her LP in 99 - can't remember what the music was.

Fumie - Swan Lake 03

Surya - Four Seasons 98

Shizuka - Titanic - actually I like this program, just think no-one should ever use this music! :p