2014 Skate Canada Mens SP 10/31 | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Mens SP 10/31

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do you mind telling in which way Yuzuru Hanyu looks like Takahito Mura or Takahiko Kozuka? Or do you find it difficult to tell who is who between Daisuke Takahashi and Tatsuki Machida?

Well they are all wearing knife boots :biggrin:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Do you mind telling in which way Yuzuru Hanyu looks like Takahito Mura or Takahiko Kozuka? Or do you find it difficult to tell who is who between Daisuke Takahashi and Tatsuki Machida?
I have absolutely no problem with the skaters I know! And for whatever reason I've had little problems with Japanese people...as for example I loved Akira Kurosava movies, but I watched a few Chinese movies and it was difficult to distinguish some faces...

Meoima

Match Penalty
I have absolutely no problem with the skaters I know! And for whatever reason I've had little problems with Japanese people...as for example I loved Akira Kurosava movies, but I watched a few Chinese movies and it was difficult to distinguish some faces...
Well, as an Asian, I do agree that many idols, singers and actors have some look alike features due to their package, make up and plastic surgeries. And sometimes the aesthetic ideal is just to make yourself look dolly as much as you can. But that's the entertainment world and I can see the same problem in most regions of the world.

The skaters that Skater boy mentioned are not like that. They don't sell fictional characters like idols, they have different costumes and different package (musics, choreography). So I can't see the point of mistaking them together.

I mean, seriously, Yuzuru Hanyu and Daisuke Takahashi, do they even look alike? Takahiko Kozuka and Takahito Mura have totally different packages even though they have just completed in 1 competition. Or Tatsuki Machida and Daisuke Takahashi???:confused:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Well, as an Asian, I do agree that many idols, singers and actors have some look alike features due to their package, make up and plastic surgeries. And sometimes the aesthetic ideal is just to make yourself look dolly as much as you can. But that's the entertainment world and I can see the same problem in most regions of the world.

The skaters that Skater boy mentioned are not like that. They don't sell fictional characters like idols, they have different costumes and different package (musics, choreography). So I can't see the point of mistaking them together.
I mean, seriously, Yuzuru Hanyu and Daisuke Takahashi, do they even look alike? Takahiko Kozuka and Takahito Mura have totally different packages even though they have just completed in 1 competition. Or Tatsuki Machida and Daisuke Takahashi???:confused:

Please, let's stop this off topic discussion! I was amused to realize that in the end we are so similar, even in our deficiencies...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
Javi did a very clever job invoking a playful style with his music choice. Hope he can calm down and focus well enough in advance of his axel for the balance of his events to pull off a triple. Then this program will both sing and sell, not to mention reap rewards from the judges. Very effective and convincing style for him IMO.