Joshua Farris Withdraws from 2014 Cup of China | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Joshua Farris Withdraws from 2014 Cup of China

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
Maybe I was a bit cruel with my comment (de gustibus) but for the same reason I don't understand why people focus on Jeremy saying he should retire, given the US situation right now. It's obvious that we want to see our favourite skaters at Worlds and also doing well, my dream team should have Jason and Josh for example. But I'm also aware that it can be too risky for US fed to bring a totally new and young team (especially because Josh still need to show costantly at senior level). And it's also obvious that if the team will be Aaron + Josh + Jason and they'll do well at Worlds I'll be the first person to be happy, no matter if Abbott was there or not. I just don't get why everybody is saying Jeremy sucks.
In the world of ballet there is an expression to say when a dancer doesn't understand or doesn't want to understand that the time has come to withdraw from certain roles: the swan doesn't realize that his feet are frozen in the lake ...

alebi

Medalist
And again... Jeremy HAS to retire! So, in the chance one between Aaron, Brown and "a still developing" Farris injured theirselves or don't do the program of their lives, let's give a chance to any other level B skater, because Jeremy is worse than any other US skater. He's the reason why there's no other skater (apart from Max) in USA who can do a stable quad. He's the reason why Brown is still struggling with 3Axel, he's the evil, unwatchable thing that sometimes shows up at Worlds. He HAS to retire because he's worse than any other skater in the world right now :bang:

Why don't we relax, stop to say this litany, enjoy the nationals, enjoy the worlds and hope everyone will do the best they can do? And everyone has the same right to be in the national team if they do well at Nationals.

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
And again... Jeremy HAS to retire! So, in the chance one between Aaron, Brown and "a still developing" Farris injured theirselves or don't do the program of their lives, let's give a chance to any other level B skater, because Jeremy is worse than any other US skater. He's the reason why there's no other skater (apart from Max) in USA who can do a stable quad. He's the reason why Brown is still struggling with 3Axel, he's the evil, unwatchable thing that sometimes shows up at Worlds. He HAS to retire because he's worse than any other skater in the world right now :bang:

Why don't we relax, stop to say this litany, enjoy the nationals, enjoy the worlds and hope everyone will do the best they can do? And everyone has the same right to be in the national team if they do well at Nationals.

I didn't say: HAS to retire. And yes, we have to wait for the results of the Nationals.
But just to see Jeremy in competitions often reminds me of a swan with frozen feet into the lake.
And one more thing: "He's the reason why Brown is still struggling with 3Axel" ... Jason usually doesn't struggling wirh 3axel, ok, at Skate America has problems with them. But Jeremy at SA has simplified jumps in his FS! And Jason is 19 and Jeremy is 29 years old. A decade of difference.

noskates

Record Breaker
How on earth can you blame Jeremy Abbott for another skater's inability to master a jump? Is your post a joke or something? And every senior man who enters Nationals competition has a chance to win! Jeremy will retire when he's ready to whether any of us think he's past his time or not. I saw him in a show this past weekend and he was incredible. Every jump was clean, every spin was crisp and his footwork was creative and beautiful. Am I a big fan? NO. But I don't see blaming one skater on another's shortcomings.

(your post has to be a joke - you can't be serious, can you?)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think you might have missed some sarcasm there, noskates.

I'm glad you enjoyed Jeremy at the show. I enjoy him to...when he's on. And this is the crux of the matter.

noskates

Record Breaker
Well with the way people post nastygrams around here it's sometimes hard to tell when someone is being sarcastic. And I certainly agree that the crux of the matter is Jeremy's consistency. As I've said MANY MANY times, Jeremy needs to skate with his feet instead of his head.

Mimzy

Rinkside
In the world of ballet there is an expression to say when a dancer doesn't understand or doesn't want to understand that the time has come to withdraw from certain roles: the swan doesn't realize that his feet are frozen in the lake ...

Brilliant!