2014 Skate Canada Practice Reports | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Practice Reports

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ashley : 2A, 2A3T, 3S, 3Lo2T, 3F2T, 3Lo, 3F. Probably she will change this repertoire and add 3Lo2A and 3F2T2T.No lutz due to new rules.

She can't add the 2A to the 3Lo cause she would be doing 3 2As.

Actually I think the 2A-3T ended up being a 2A-2T, which is why she didn't do the 3F-2T-2T later in the program. This is a smart strategy actually so she doesn't lose all those points.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What is the rule change? Does he flutz now count as a flip?

No. The deduction is a lot higher. An edge call automatically puts the jump at 70 percent of the value and you'll get some -GOE on it as well. She is money ahead to do a second 3Lo (5.61 +additional GOE points) vs. doing a flutz (4.62).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Two most important things for me from this thread:

1. Max is skating well

2. GS has finally discovered the fun of the Magic Russian Clone Machine :laugh:

FSGMT

Record Breaker

Actually I think the 2A-3T ended up being a 2A-2T, which is why she didn't do the 3F-2T-2T later in the program. This is a smart strategy actually so she doesn't lose all those points.
:confused: No, I think one of those two combos will be 3x+2T+2Lo (with a 2A+2T she would already lose points because she would be doing 3 2toes and the 3F+2T wouldn't be valid), so I think her actual layout is what mustafakent wrote, with a 2Lo added somewhere or (more likely) no 3-jumps combo...

darazam

On the Ice
:laugh: it was close to the boards... Don't know whose it was. I thought it was his own. He threw it over the boards and skated on. All skates are archived - I'm curious to watch it again :biggrin:
I don't think it was his. Javi was wearing grey jacket when he went on ice (actually it was Nike jacket all members of DOI cast got in June). One he run into was black, probably team Japan.

mustafakent

On the Ice

You're right.I couldn't get used to the new rules.I have calculated and there is 6 points difference between Ashley's this routine and other ladies' 7 triples included routine. (only jumps)

HanDomi

Record Breaker
it's really strange that Javi seems to have really good feeling with quad toe while from JO he keeps going down on his quad sal which was better than toe :confused:

Meoima

Match Penalty
it's really strange that Javi seems to have really good feeling with quad toe while from JO he keeps going down on his quad sal which was better than toe :confused:
Maybe he has been practicing the 4T more these days.

mustafakent

On the Ice
No. The deduction is a lot higher. An edge call automatically puts the jump at 70 percent of the value and you'll get some -GOE on it as well. She is money ahead to do a second 3Lo (5.61 +additional GOE points) vs. doing a flutz (4.62).

She has added a 2A instead of lutz.

unico

Final Flight
Am I imagining that Miyahara's SP dress changed? Didn't it use to have bananas on it?

EDIT: It's really reassuring to see someone do their programs so well in practice! I really like her style of skating.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
:confused: No, I think one of those two combos will be 3x+2T+2Lo (with a 2A+2T she would already lose points because she would be doing 3 2toes and the 3F+2T wouldn't be valid), so I think her actual layout is what mustafakent wrote, with a 2Lo added somewhere or (more likely) no 3-jumps combo...

Oh you're right.

More reason the zayak for double jumps is dumb. I understand it for triple jumps, but...I'm not sure how reducing double jumps do anything.

Iscariot

On the Ice
Isnt it better to do the 3 lutz even with the deduction, because you are doing a 7 triple program instead of 6? She had both double axel anyway in her other lay out

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Isnt it better to do the 3 lutz even with the deduction, because you are doing a 7 triple program instead of 6? She had both double axel anyway in her other lay out

That's a good point...I don't know..we'll see what she actually does in competition.

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh you're right.

More reason the zayak for double jumps is dumb. I understand it for triple jumps, but...I'm not sure how reducing double jumps do anything.

The more I think of it, the less I like this change. I mean, honestly, what skater would fill up their jumping passes with a lot of doubles? And the low value of those would be "punishment" enough, surely? I don't know about 2As for ladies - but 2Ts for example? I... just don't know...

mustafakent

On the Ice

She didn't have two 2A.She was doing two flip and two loop.

It was 3F, 2A3T, 3S, 3Lo2A, 3Lz, 3Lo, 3F2T2T.