USA's Rippon buckles down for season | Golden Skate

USA's Rippon buckles down for season

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USA’s Adam Rippon is gearing up for his seventh year on the Grand Prix circuit, and will compete first at Skate Canada starting tomorrow, followed by Trophee Bompard later next month.

More

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Take heart, Adam! Who remembers Konstantin Menshov's skating from when he was 24?

Thanks for this interview which includes a look into both Adam's and Mirai's efforts to.prepare for the new season.

noskates

Record Breaker
I felt so bad for Adam in the SP at Skate Canada yesterday. He's so graceful and smooth on the ice and his choreography was great - nice to see him skating to something other than classical. It just seems his nerves always get the best of him. He tries so hard!!! I hope he has a good LP today and pulls himself out of last place!

centerpt1

On the Ice
I hope he does well in the long- just for a morale boost.

Overall, it may be better for him to start the season not so good - then he can improve. It seems when he comes out very strong early in the season he doesn't do as well late season.

noskates

Record Breaker
Haven't seen his LP yet but he did pull himself up a few notches. I have a feeling this is going to be very disheartening for him. centerpt1 I hope you're right about him getting stronger later in the season.

lcd

Match Penalty
Adam is an experienced competitor who has experienced ups and downs. His artistry can never be taken from him. I believe he will continue to work hard and face every challenge that this and coming seasons bring him, with heart and his share of good fortune. Certainly fans will always be rightly by his side.

It's just Skate Canada in November folks. It's just Skate Canada.

slider11

Medalist
When Adam skates "poorly" he still ends up in the middle of the pack. He needs to focus and do those jumps. Even if he falls. Those pops are just deflating the artistry he works so hard to create.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well he was very lucky not to be last here - very. The poor Canadian who did get last wasn't last in either program - now that is bad luck.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
It is so heartbreaking to read this after seeing his SC disaster :cry:

viennaskater

Medalist
I have always admired Adam Rippon, but he has had so many ups and downs lately. At his best, he skates with such maturity, despite his youthful looks.

Hope he gets it back together soon - the skating world needs talent like his!

noskates

Record Breaker
Adam is just starting to remind me of other skaters who had early success and then just could never quite get it together. He's a beautiful skater on the ice, feels the music, has wonderful choreography that truly suits him, but he gets the yips and makes mistakes. I wonder what would happen if he took the Jason Brown approach and just tried to skate a clean program instead of attempting the quads! Has he ever landed one cleanly in competition?