Project Runway All Stars Begins 10-30-14 | Golden Skate

Project Runway All Stars Begins 10-30-14

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I don't know if anyone else has watched this yet, but it was a genuine pleasure after last season's general yawnfest to see some DESIGNED garments.

And I was sorry to see who was eliminated first. But mum's the word until everyone's seen it. :)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And I was sorry to see who was eliminated first. But mum's the word until everyone's seen it. :)

WA, I was too but what surprised me more was who was saved. We'll talk later!!! :laugh: :laugh:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
OK, mes amis...is it your testimony that the new AllStars is actually worth the time? I gave up on all things PR after the Rome episode; didn't even finish watching it & skipped the finale altogether. If you think there's a reason to hang in there, please do tell & thanks much! :)

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I completely missed this thread somehow. I thought we weren't gonna have a chat about it at all :p

It is looking much more promising than PR:S13 was. There were so few wow! moments in S13, it was actually disappointing. :disapp:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry to see Chris go and this challenge seemed to be the one he would excel in. Just wondered if it was the gray fabric that did the dress in.

heyang

Record Breaker
Yes, I was bummed that Chris left.... I'm guessing that the gray fabric wasn't luxurious enough. Maybe if he had used some kind of sparkly material instead of just a gray knit. It also seems like the judges had the same expectations and dropped him because their expectations were so high from him.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Poor Kate, she just didn't think that edgy and unfinished hems were going to send her home.

Some of the designs have been spectacular, I am really enjoying All Stars.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone still watching?? Benjamin & Gunner gone. I was hoping that Fabio would be saved; I like his designs most of the time. Michelle's dress this week was excellent.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Yep, still watching here. I favored Michelle's design this week too, was hoping she'd win. I liked the "dirty little wink" description of her :laugh::thumbsup:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm watching. I'm very much enjoying this season. They seem evenly matched and the designs are not taking a backseat to the manufactured drama, probably because most of the designers seem to, gasp!, like each other. It's so refreshing after the regular PR nonsense.

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm watching. I'm very much enjoying this season. They seem evenly matched and the designs are not taking a backseat to the manufactured drama, probably because most of the designers seem to, gasp!, like each other. It's so refreshing after the regular PR nonsense.

I totally agree!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Yep, still watching here. I favored Michelle's design this week too, was hoping she'd win. I liked the "dirty little wink" description of her :laugh::thumbsup:

I totally agree, but then: Michelle loves that chartreuse (remember her Lord & Taylor dress, which I thought was so chic); and maybe our very pregnant hostess does not favor that particular color. I thought she should have won. So did the guest designer. I thought Sanjia's dress was hoochie hideous. Ah well, de gustibus...

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
One of the most boring episodes of anything I've seen in recent memory. Didn't like the winning look, didn't like much of anything. The date segment was SO awkward :hopelessness: Laverne was the highlight for me.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think making men's clothing has to be difficult to do...no wonder Michelle got sick. I love the creating part of the series. When you look at a piece of material, thread, etc. and then look at what you created from that ...well, I think that's the best part for me. I really am enjoying the All Stars. Is this the 2nd or 3rd time that Justin's been in the bottom??

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I think making men's clothing has to be difficult to do...no wonder Michelle got sick. I love the creating part of the series. When you look at a piece of material, thread, etc. and then look at what you created from that ...well, I think that's the best part for me. I really am enjoying the All Stars. Is this the 2nd or 3rd time that Justin's been in the bottom??

Second, this week & last week. The time before that he was in the top.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glad to see it back. I wasn't too surprised that Sam got the boot, although I did like the pant dress, I think the swimsuit did her in. I was kind of shocked that Justin won, I thought Fabio's design was super.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well that was really a mixed bag of designs. I wasn't surprised Justin won--it was the best balance of the two looks, plus he has a good angle for a newspaper (being a deaf designer). Not surprised Sam got the boot either, but I must admit "moose knuckle" is a new term to me. Someone should tell Isaac to stop wearing form fitting clothes, since he is beginning to look like the sausage about to burst its casing.

What I really want to know who is giving the "beeyutch side face." But we'll have to wait til next week to find out. My money's on Helen, though Dmitrti is a a definite possibility as well.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Well that was really a mixed bag of designs. I wasn't surprised Justin won--it was the best balance of the two looks, plus he has a good angle for a newspaper (being a deaf designer). Not surprised Sam got the boot either, but I must admit "moose knuckle" is a new term to me. Someone should tell Isaac to stop wearing form fitting clothes, since he is beginning to look like the sausage about to burst its casing.

What I really want to know who is giving the "beeyutch side face." But we'll have to wait til next week to find out. My money's on Helen, though Dmitrti is a a definite possibility as well.

:laugh::thumbsup:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
but I must admit "moose knuckle" is a new term to me. Someone should tell Isaac to stop wearing form fitting clothes, since he is beginning to look like the sausage about to burst its casing.

WA, was the comment made in reference to Sam's swimsuit??? I looked it up but the term is more in reference to a man that's why I asked if it was in reference to the swimsuit?? I forgot. :laugh: :laugh: