Edea Overture | Golden Skate

Edea Overture

Marutain

Spectator
Hey everyone~

I've been looking for new skates for a while now and today I fitted the Risport Rf 4. I kinda had my thoughts set on this, but it felt a bit too tight, so I was recommended the Edea Overtures. What are your opinions on these skates? Anyone tried them before? I heard they don't really have a break in period, but also break down quicker, is the last one true? If I skate about 3 times a week, not really doing lots of jumps, how long will they last? Oh and about the color, I think they really look good in black: http://oomssport.nl/media/catalog/p.../CD700F05D-34C3-4EFA-8499-4164B3A2A38B_13.jpg but they only sell them in gun grey??? is this picture a light effect or? https://www.google.nl/search?q=edea...k-All-Sizes-Available-%2F400579192670;432;431 Really does look like a different color to me though.....

tnx~

Skategmt

On the Ice
personally, If you are not doing a lot of double jumps, then I would not go with Edeas because there is less benefit. I have Jacksons, and they are great! Little break in time too! You have probably already got your skates by now, but I just wanted to give you my insight anyway!

Ayzil31

Rinkside
Hi All,

Sorry to hijack this thread but i really dont know how to post a thread.
I cant find the option anywhere!
Anyways, im looking at getting new skates.
Ive been looking at the Edea Overtures with the Ultima Mirage blade.
I am currently working on singles and have them down roughly besides the Axel. I do not have a coach but ive been told i jump very high and that i could move on to doubles soon (or atleast attempts)
I am 1.88m tall and weigh about 69kgs (152lbs) - Would you say the overture would be too weak for my skating and weight? I have thought of the Chorus skates too but they are quite a bit more money.
I currently have Graf 500's - They have a stiffness rating of 20 and ive learnt to jump in them but they have no support and have broken down.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have two suggestions and you won't like either.

1. Get a coach.

2. Discuss with coach.

And a third:

3. Stop teaching yourself.

jf12

Final Flight
You should get the new skates, you could easily hurt yourself jumping in your current skates, especially if you don't have a coach.

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States

Ayzil31

Rinkside
Hi! :)

Haha, i agree with you though.
I am trying to find a coach.
I went and ordered the Overtures with the Mirage blade.
I hope they will do.

Thanks though :)

Ayzil31

Rinkside
Hi jf12,

Yes i have to agree with that too.
My right ankle is so sore after skating and i can feel how bad my landings are with my current skates.
I went ahead and ordered the Overtures with the Mirage blade.
I am hoping that they will help me out a lot more than my current skates.
I am also trying to find a coach because teaching yourself i know can cause bad and incorrect element execution.

Thanks so much though :)

Ayzil31

Rinkside

renla

Rinkside
I have the Overtures and I really like them! They're my first skates so I have nothing to compare them too, but my break-in period wasn't very long at all and my coach says they'll last me a few years.