2014 Skate Canada Pairs FS 11/01 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Pairs FS 11/01

Art&Sport

Medalist
I don't like talking about that, but from the early rehearsals I noticed Kerstin MT has gained a few kilograms in weight. She looks amazing, but that's not good for a pair figure skater. Poor partner has more to work. Anyway, Marinaro looked better...

Ah, I noticed Kirsten put on weight too, but I think we need to bite our tongue about pointing out weight gain for young female skaters. It might look like too much to our eyes on tv, but I am quite sure the problem on the lift was more Michael and Kirsten getting used to each other rather than any weight gain by Kirsten. I bet you Kirsten's weight is not the problem we think it is, and plus it is likely normal to gain some weight, which she might begin to lose as the season progresses. Being fit is the important thing not worrying so much about losing weight. We all know what feeling pressured about losing weight can lead to in impressionable young female figure skaters. Fortunately, I think Kirsten as well as Gracie who also put on weight in the off-season probably have good heads on their shoulders and will not be overly pressured about their weight by their respective teams.

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS FREE SKATE - POSITION AFTER 4 OF 8

1. Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 161.79 Free Skate
2. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO (CAN) - 158.82 Free Skate
3. Brittany JONES / Joshua REAGAN (CAN) - 146.77 Free Skate
4. Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 145.89 Free Skate

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I'm never gonna not imagine the coaches skating together, and the visual of Tatiana Tarasova in her fur being lifted by Nikolai Morozov is just AMAZING

Maybe she could switch and Stanislav Morozov could lift her haha

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Madeline AARON / Max SETTLAGE (USA)

Music: The King and I by Richard Rogers and Oscar Hammerstein (+vocals)

She's in pink dress with arm warmers. He's in red wine coat and pants with gold detailing

3Tw
3LoTh
3S - he fell
2A+2A+SEQ
CCoSp3p
5ALi - bit slow
ChSq
3STh
5BLi
3Li
BoDs
PCoSp3p

One fall from Max, but other wise solid skate

FS: 52.90+56.81-1.00 = 108.71 (PB), 165.91 (PB), 1st (out of 5)

Art&Sport

Medalist
^^ Ha, ha, we had a similar thought!

Maddie is lovely on the ice. She has so many years of ballet training, I wonder why she doesn't provide her brother, Max, with some tips!? :)

charmblade

Final Flight
I love Max's "We're done!" in the K&C, so cute. And yep, they are done with their two Grand Prix events, and they had a very solid showing in both events. Good for them, a great start to their first season as seniors!

samson

Medalist
On the whole not a bad skate for Madeline and Max. If their levels whole up they might stay ahead

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
Madeline AARON / Max SETTLAGE (USA)

Music: The King and I by Richard Rogers and Oscar Hammerstein (+vocals)

She's in pink dress with arm warmers. He's in red wine coat and pants with gold detailing

3Tw
3LoTh
3S - he fell
2A+2A+SEQ
CCoSp3p
5ALi - bit slow
ChSq
3STh
5BLi
3Li
BoDs
PCoSp3p

One fall from Max, but other wise solid skate

I loved the change during the spiral, it looked so neat. And she's so light in her skating it's wonderful.

elee63

Final Flight
Max certainly sounds pleased to be done. He said that twice, and now he's like "let's go home..."

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I feel like sending to Aaron and Settlage: RUN from Delilah and go immediately to Zimmerman. Maddie really is wonderful and Sapperfield just isn't the right choice for them I think.

samson

Medalist
Wow great for them! Sailing into a new personal best for the long program and Total Competition.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Tarasova/ Morosov are lovely together. I can already see some of Robin's influence in their skating. Wait a minute, I thought they were with Mozer and Szolkowy. I guess not.

Coming up, I am not fond of Sui/ Han. They have no presentation skills, just tricks which I like to see better in acrobatics or circus acts.

elee63

Final Flight
Tarasova's very pretty, but I'm finding myself watching Morozov more, very dominant, and sure in his movements

jan

On the Ice
I don't like talking about that, but from the early rehearsals I noticed Kerstin MT has gained a few kilograms in weight. She looks amazing, but that's not good for a pair figure skater. Poor partner has more to work. Anyway, Marinaro looked better...

She may look bigger as Marino is smaller than Dylan is.

Art&Sport

Medalist
I feel like sending to Aaron and Settlage: RUN from Delilah and go immediately to Zimmerman. Maddie really is wonderful and Sapperfield just isn't the right choice for them I think.

Ya got a great thought there! Maddie and Max getting some assistance from Zimmerman and Ingo too! But I doubt any switch like that is going to happen with rival front-runners Denney/ Frazier training with Zimmerman and Ingo.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I like the music but Tarasova/Morozov are kind of having a bad day there on the ice