Satoko Miyahara | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm really enjoying Satoko's programs and packaging this season. Her consistency is amazing, as usual. Scoring 200+ is awesome for her this early in the season (although scores are generally inflated in general from past competitions this season and from the jgp circuit). Her FS is one of my favorites; it's so original!

Danibellerika

Medalist
Satoko's costumes look amazing this season. I LOVE her hair for the free!! I always prefer if she's on the podium so looking forward to that happening a lot more this season, especially some top spots.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I guess it's not surprise that I loved her LP a lot more than the short. I hope she will do both programs with Tom for Olympics. This LP is awesome , I loved second half of it very much and there is no comparison to those show versions she did earlier in summer, it improved very much. It does give the impression that the music is still very big for this tiny person but I think she deals with it well. Also , my 2 cents about costume, I like that they changed it a bit , looks better but I'd prefer not white color, she is small girl and white makes her kind of blended with ice. If I were responsible for her outfit I would leave that hair accessory but make it a bit more wide and blingy, for the dress, I would choose more bold color, like dark blue and make one stripe shoulder , it would look more effective on her, just my humble opinion : https://www.pinterest.com/pin/463448617874825219/ something like this would look more rich and goddess alike.

Anyways it is a very solid start of the season and congratulations for her first gold medal!

Plumededragon

Medalist
I guess it's not surprise that I loved her LP a lot more than the short. I hope she will do both programs with Tom for Olympics. This LP is awesome , I loved second half of it very much and there is no comparison to those show versions she did earlier in summer, it improved very much. It does give the impression that the music is still very big for this tiny person but I think she deals with it well. Also , my 2 cents about costume, I like that they changed it a bit , looks better but I'd prefer not white color, she is small girl and white makes her kind of blended with ice. If I were responsible for her outfit I would leave that hair accessory but make it a bit more wide and blingy, for the dress, I would choose more bold color, like dark blue and make one stripe shoulder , it would look more effective on her, just my humble opinion : https://www.pinterest.com/pin/463448617874825219/ something like this would look more rich and goddess alike.

Anyways it is a very solid start of the season and congratulations for her first gold medal!
I like the way it is, but I guess if it blends too much, she may change the color. They have already changed important details from The Ice version. Skaters do have feedbacks regarding their costumes, so we'll see if people tell her that the costume shade is not quite right for the ice.
When Satoko presented her FP, it was on The Ice, so a show where you skate in dim light (which is practical in you skate in white, for ex.). Here is the first competition, it didn't disturb me much but the quality of video was so bad... I'd love to see someone who was there commenting if the dress color was distracting or not.
But you do have a good point regarding this matter. Dark blue would also make her legs look longer, which would be a positive point. Just need to make sure that the skirt stay short, or she will have the same problem as Wakaba this season, whose skirt is way too long for such small lady who has strong legs.

Tallorder

On the Ice
Satoko is such a lovely blend of fiery commitment to performance, competitive fire that keeps her on track technically, with genuine modesty off ice that will serve her well in the coming years. A no excuses competitor. Love that.

kallirroe

On the Ice
Well , i just saw the FS of Satoko and i was like :luv17::love::eek::drama::hap85: I could just explain all the emoticons and which oneI was during the programm but i already forgot which emoticons i put and i only see letters instead :p
When the programm started , i was surprised by her using Holst`s music !!!! I was not sure if she indeed chose such a masterpiece so i was a little suspicious , but then i recognised it . She used Mars , Jupiter and Venus ( maybe Mercury too ! ) i think . Every piece of music is exceptional by itself IMO. At the start , we have Venus the bringer of Peace. Her white costume , elegance and quick but deep edge speed represents that peace in your heart. The in the step sequences i LOVEEEEED that change in Music. She goes to Mars , the bringer of War. We see such a contrast between the Peace and the War she is ''bargaining'' out there in the ice arena. And i think that the white costume once more shows that people have masks. This is my interpretation . Because behind this elegant , white , peaceful costume , it come the war . Darkness through the light. Masks behind the faces of the people in this society. Another explanation could be that it is a war with her innerself , a peace-ful War. Mars is a dynamic piece and i am really happy she put it in the step sequences and she deserves level 4 for sure. And in the end we have Jupiter , bringer of Jollity . Yep . Great end !! After war and peace , two situations that happens all the time in the world and in our inner selfs , it comes Jollity , happines , authenticity , pure nobility , inner self-respect . Her artistry is unique. I believe that she is maybe my favourite figure skater among with Tsurkaya , Lipnitskaya and Edmunds.
Sorry for the big one text here :slink: It is just that i was overenthusiased she chose Holst programm and by her execution during it that i couldnt constrict myself ! :sad46::giveup:

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Sorry for the big one text here :slink: It is just that i was overenthusiased she chose Holst programm and by her execution during it that i couldnt constrict myself ! :sad46::giveup:

Don't be sorry, I loved your interpretation of Satoko's FS! Feel welcome to post more in this thread!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Well , i just saw the FS of Satoko and i was like :luv17::love::eek::drama::hap85: I could just explain all the emoticons and which oneI was during the programm but i already forgot which emoticons i put and i only see letters instead :p
When the programm started , i was surprised by her using Holst`s music !!!! I was not sure if she indeed chose such a masterpiece so i was a little suspicious , but then i recognised it . She used Mars , Jupiter and Venus ( maybe Mercury too ! ) i think . Every piece of music is exceptional by itself IMO. At the start , we have Venus the bringer of Peace. Her white costume , elegance and quick but deep edge speed represents that peace in your heart. The in the step sequences i LOVEEEEED that change in Music. She goes to Mars , the bringer of War. We see such a contrast between the Peace and the War she is ''bargaining'' out there in the ice arena. And i think that the white costume once more shows that people have masks. This is my interpretation . Because behind this elegant , white , peaceful costume , it come the war . Darkness through the light. Masks behind the faces of the people in this society. Another explanation could be that it is a war with her innerself , a peace-ful War. Mars is a dynamic piece and i am really happy she put it in the step sequences and she deserves level 4 for sure. And in the end we have Jupiter , bringer of Jollity . Yep . Great end !! After war and peace , two situations that happens all the time in the world and in our inner selfs , it comes Jollity , happines , authenticity , pure nobility , inner self-respect . Her artistry is unique. I believe that she is maybe my favourite figure skater among with Tsurkaya , Lipnitskaya and Edmunds.

agree with ioanna, no need to be sad at all, we need more of these posts!!

roma

On the Ice

Whoa! This gets me excited! Couldn't wait to see her FS in JO live!