Wenjing Sui & Cong Han | Page 39 | Golden Skate

Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Finally good news ! :yahoo:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

They were supposed to debut at the Asian Winter Sports unless they were ready earlier. So they are indeed ready earlier. They express the programs still need more work so I figure they might as well start from 4CC to get them competition ready, hopefully peaking at Worlds.

My best wishes to Wenjing and Cong. Can't wait to see their BOTW!

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Interesting to see that they are debuting at 4CC instead of AWG as originally specified, but I can understand why considering that S/H may want to benefit from the Olympic test event. So far no news of W/W; I know she is injured and/or sick, but I really really hope they were selected to do the Winter Universiade. Otherwise, they would have been sidestepped by the Chinese fed AGAIN, during a season where there are a heck a lot of events before Worlds.

This season is going to be a blast! Can't wait! :yahoo:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Awesome photo. I really like his new hairstyle. It's not all that different but looks good on him.

bluebell0710

Rinkside
- - - Updated - - -

Sui has uploaded some photos on weibo: http://www.weibo.com/2342329387/EqZ9CroxP?type=comment#_rnd1484569999406 They look so perfect! :love: To be fair Cheng Peng & Xiaoyu looked very pretty too. And I like flowery suit of Jin :)

Can someone translate what she has written? With google it doesn't make sense.
There was a Sports Personality Award Ceremony held in National Aquatics Centre, known as 'The Water Cube', last Sunday. The Pairs team attended the ceremony on behalf of the Figure Skating team. It is the first time they attended this ceremony(not sure if Hao attended before) but they were not the leading role of that ceremony, just show up. In Chinese, you can say it "打酱油". "一桶江山" actually means "一统江山" which has the same pronunciation but "桶" is the nickname of Sui from the fans. And "一统江山" means unify the whole country, which show their confidence of comeback.
She also said that she will continue to work hard to recovery this year, getting better and better, and we can wait for her strong comback. Those 9 pictures are from different sources and thanks to those photographers.

Last edited:

ldnhlj

Spectator
Good to see their signature quad twist again after the surgery, a little low catch but confident as usual. And an amazing "easy as you like" sbs 3T with transitions straight after.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So good to see them looking so awesome. And great to see they haven't lost their synchronicity. Have to admit I was cringing a little as she was unwrapping her ankle. Whew, stay safe Sui!...Oh, and she has braces now. I thought she looked different!

Last edited:

icekiwi

On the Ice
All the Best to Sui/Han this weekend!!

Thank you Cathlen for posting the above!

Wow!! The Tech Content. Just can't wait. As much as I want them to medal and take the Gold here, I prefer them to skate clean and Sui staying healthy and absolutely no problems with her foot.

Can't wait! All the best!!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
All the Best to Sui/Han this weekend!!

Thank you Cathlen for posting the above!

Wow!! The Tech Content. Just can't wait. As much as I want them to medal and take the Gold here, I prefer them to skate clean and Sui staying healthy and absolutely no problems with her foot.

Can't wait! All the best!!

Yup, I'm actually happy they're not going for quad throw in their first competition after Sui recovery. We need her all healthy for Olympics, no more injuries! And they already have some 4CC's Golds, so no pressure ;)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:bow: Sending good vibes their way! Can't wait to see them again. Glad that they're not going crazy with quad elements. She still needs to play it on the safe side! They will definitely be one of the highlights for me.