Wenjing Sui & Cong Han | Page 41 | Golden Skate

Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
HD No commentary video of Sui/Han's stunning SP! I mentioned this in the other thread, but earning a near personal best score their first competition of the season is incredible! :cheer:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cong needs to change his name to Hercules! :laugh: He seems to just lift and throw Sui with such ease! What a team they are! Great to see them back.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
HD No commentary video of Sui/Han's stunning SP! I mentioned this in the other thread, but earning a near personal best score their first competition of the season is incredible! :cheer:

And there is still room for more, they recieved lvl 3 on spin and pcs is 1 point lower than worlds, ahhhh soo happy!! They are magnificent :love:

And did anyone else hear someone shouted "welcome back" right before they started:laugh:

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And there is still room for more, they recieved lvl 3 on spin and pcs is 1 point lower than worlds, ahhhh soo happy!! They are magnificent :love:

And did anyone else hear someone shouted "welcome back" right before they started:laugh:
Definitely heard someone yell Welcome Back. They were missed!...Alexa and Chris did well for their return too. Not quite as well as their silver medal performance of last year, but what the heck! She was in pretty bad shape so glad she's doing ok.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States

Haha yes I heard that in the video! When I heard it for the first time I almost repeated it to my computer screen :laugh:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

I noticed that too at the ISU livestream. :)

They have both grown so so much in terms of performance and projection. Wenjing's head roll in this program for me is every bit as sassy as Yuzuru's in LGC.

Now I have this program, along with Daisuke's LP in 2012, that immediately comes to mind when I hear "Blues for Klook."

s_parks

Record Breaker
Yay, so happy with how the short went! And wenjing's dress looks great. Promising first performance, it'll be even better at worlds i'm sure.

icekiwi

On the Ice
That was simply something else! Everyone else's skates simply pales in comparison. Their skate was the high point of the entire evening, I don't remember anybody else's!! I agree they are in a completely different level now, in the level of Yuzuru and Daisuke Takahashi - such ease, such command of the ice, such demand of your attention, as an audience you are holding your breathe right till the end and you want more.

Thank you Sui/Han. Thank you for bringing 'life' to this entire competition.

This SP is skated with such commanding sassiness, edge and pizzazz. Love the choreographic hand movements and quick turns of the heads in the step sequence - just wow! So cool! The 80+ points totally deserved!

ntl

Rinkside
so... i watched the practice video... when it was done, I realised I watched him the whole time... I used to watch Queen Sui.... but for some reason, I watched Cong...

he is gorgeous to look at ... there's no issue there... but I wondered why I was drawn to him more than in the past where I was drawn to her.

It's the hair, I tell you. He must have had his haircut at the same place as Sui did. That was some +3 SBS hair fabulosity.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It's the hair, I tell you. He must have had his haircut at the same place as Sui did. That was some +3 SBS hair fabulosity.

Yes! They should get additional GOE for SBS hair flow! :biggrin:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
That was simply something else! Everyone else's skates simply pales in comparison. Their skate was the high point of the entire evening, I don't remember anybody else's!! I agree they are in a completely different level now, in the level of Yuzuru and Daisuke Takahashi - such ease, such command of the ice, such demand of your attention, as an audience you are holding your breathe right till the end and you want more.

Thank you Sui/Han. Thank you for bringing 'life' to this entire competition.

This SP is skated with such commanding sassiness, edge and pizzazz. Love the choreographic hand movements and quick turns of the heads in the step sequence - just wow! So cool! The 80+ points totally deserved!

agree on all and I'd say that they also are bringing an artistic quality unlike for any other team, that unique balance between technical athleticism and artful presentation. Also, a bit paraphrasing Your description, they are bringing every competition to live while performing and boy, have they performed yesterday!:laugh:

at this point, it is all so easy on eyes, so much power, control and sharpness in that perfomance, To have wonderful and intricate choreograhy like that is one thing, another is to have this majestic 'Blues for Klook' as a music which demands certain virtuoserie regarding musicality, attention to detail and interpretation skills to pull it off. But they had both and then surpass it all beyond imagination - it was a perfection in motion.

Ad ditto to synchro manes waves during the program - the sass level of that was +3 GOE :cheer:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They are back! Wow! Better than ever, and both of their programs are winners!

Last edited:

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
FS HD No commentary
What a wonderful and emotional free skate! I put my thoughts in the general FS thread, but I basically went on a tangent about how wonderful and meaningful this program must mean to them. It's supposed to be about their journey together as a pair, through all the hardships and injuries they went through. They've been through SO much and are just beautiful to watch!

And a funny sidenote: When Sui/Han greet D/R during the medal ceremony, they hilariously compare heights :laugh: Sui standing on the podium is the same height as Eric when he's just standing on the ice!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Congratulations on the 4CC gold. They had my favorite FS of the competition by a lot.