Most Surprising Moments last season? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Most Surprising Moments last season?

lavender

Record Breaker
Add on to my shock:

L & T coming back to Nationals and then withdrawing. I guess after that I wasn't shocked that they retired all together. I'm still sad for Peter T. This one is also disappointing.

Jeff not making it to worlds. I was so looking for him to giving everyone a run.

Arakawa leaving Callaghan and going to TT. Actually I was more surprise that TT took Arakawa seeing that she seem to be moving away from training skaters from other countries but I guess she just meant the U.S.

Elena gaining all that weight. I didn't recognize her when the season started.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
--The emergence of several men with real artistic talent (Lambiel, Buttle, van Perren).....--The sudden emergence of the Japanese women as a major force
:confused: Really? People have been talking about both these things for 3 years now. I'm surprised you're surprised. :)

Koroleva

On the Ice
lavender said:
Elena gaining all that weight. I didn't recognize her when the season started.

She had multiple injuries over the summer, and surgery eventually which required her to be off the ice.

I really hope she will have a much better season next year.

lavender

Record Breaker
Koroleva said:
She had multiple injuries over the summer, and surgery eventually which required her to be off the ice.

I really hope she will have a much better season next year.

I know thanks. It was still shocking to see her but I knew she would gradually take it off so I wasn't worried about her being in shape for Worlds. I think next year will be different because she doesn't have to deal with that injury.

registered

On the Ice
I'm actually "shocked" by how many people thought Sasha was going to win Nationals. (Looking back at what was posted all over the Net, this was NOT a general consensus.)

Considering how poorly she skated in her past 2 competitions, while still with TT, turmoil with coaching situation (just a simple fact of her not having a permanent place to train), and health issues, that bugged her in the last coupe of months of 2003, I did not expect her to show up as well prepared, as she was (and I'm a big fan). After placing third at December fluff event and second at GPF she was not considered a favorite to win in Atlanta.