Anyone coming to Rostelecom Cup 2014? | Golden Skate

Anyone coming to Rostelecom Cup 2014?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
CoR starts in less than 2 weeks - still not a single post here. Time to bring up conspiracy theories? :) Anyway, I and my wife going to see free programs on the 15th. Tickets are still on sale - quite expensive though. Good seats go for 5000 rubles a piece. With the ruble fall it is about 120 dollars now. So, anybody else is coming?

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
CoR starts in less than 2 weeks - still not a single post here. Time to bring up conspiracy theories? :) Anyway, I and my wife going to see free programs on the 15th. Tickets are still on sale - quite expensive though. Good seats go for 5000 rubles a piece. With the ruble fall it is about 120 dollars now. So, anybody else is coming?

Since tickets price is much higher than GPF tickets at Barcelona, and I'm going to Barcelona (160 Euro for all days. Super cheap), I and my wife decided not to go this year. But the event will be super exciting. Especially ICE DANCE. S/K vs I/Z, I already smell some blood :)

And I also can't wait for conspiracy theories. I hope Putin will be there :p

Edit: And in case this comment offended someone: it was sarcasm. People are so sensitive this days :rolleye:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
We have a sarcasm smiley.

:sarcasm: that can be useful to let people know when you are not serious ;)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Since tickets price is much higher than GPF tickets at Barcelona, and I'm going to Barcelona (160 Euro for all days. Super cheap), I and my wife decided not to go this year. But the event will be super exciting. Especially ICE DANCE. S/K vs I/Z, I already smell some blood :)

And I also can't wait for conspiracy theories. I hope Putin will be there :p

Edit: And in case this comment offended someone: it was sarcasm. People are so sensitive this days :rolleye:

Don't worry, you are not the only one keeping a cynical eye on Putin.

Snow63

Record Breaker
We have a sarcasm smiley.

:sarcasm: that can be useful to let people know when you are not serious ;)

Haha, I didn't even know this smiley means 'sarcasm' :) Now I see it. It's so cool! And it'll be my favourite one for sure :sarcasm:

Camillo

On the Ice
Actually, tickets are not that expensive, guys :biggrin:

But yeah, it's really hard to get decent ones. And it has nothing to do with Putin, the reason is devil-may-care attitude and slovenliness of Russian FS Federation.
That's why you should forget about buying decent tickets online, even if you are ready to spend money - only the cheapest and worst seats are available :bang:
Official dealer http://ponominalu.ru/event/figurnoe-katanie

To get better tickets you have to go to the Luzhniki booking office in Moscow.
No all events, separate tickets for each day. Prices (depends on seating):
14th 100-1100 roubles
15th 200-1400 roubles
16th 300-1600 roubles
1 dollar ~ 45 roubles
(Practices are not open for the audience.)

So, tickets for all three days start from 600 rubles ($14, cheapest) to 4100 rubles ($90, the most expensive).

However, even if you live in Moscow, chances of buying best tickets at the booking office are very small :biggrin: All best seats (1-4 rows) and 40% of the good seats are not available even at Luzhniki b.o.: some are reserved by RusFed (VIP), also there are reserved seats for medical team, press, technical controllers, other athletes (you can see exact seating on the map here http://ponominalu.ru/event/figurnoe-katanie/16.11/14:00 )

Considerable part of good seats was sold illegally to resellers :scowl: Resellers or we better call them illicit dealers resell tickets for 4-10 times higher price at the internet or prior to the event near arena. (I wouldn't be surprised to know that Luzhniki's employees are engaged in this business.)
Personally, I would never buy ticket like that, because obviously it's illegal and by doing so I would support this corruptive practice :no:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I called http://ponominalu.ru/event/figurnoe-katanie the next day after the selling start date and they said they did not have good seats already. So, I guess, everything went to the resellers. Then I cannot confirm that a man from the street can in principle buy the best seats for 1400 rubles. There is no price on the tickets. To get the middle seats of the 8th row for 5000 I had to call about a dozen places - some offered for 7 and even 10 thousand. Ticket mafia as usual in Moscow - glad they had it clean during the Olympics - got all the tickets for the face value thanks to the foreigners who did not take their quotas.

One thing that I am not sure of is whether buying from the resellers is illegal (especially when there is no price on the ticket). Guys like parter.ru exist for years - they have offices and pay taxes. They say that they just have "a fee". Buying from "spekulyanty" (black dealers) on the street is for sure illegal.

Snow63

Record Breaker
I called http://ponominalu.ru/event/figurnoe-katanie the next day after the selling start date and they said they did not have good seats already. So, I guess, everything went to the resellers. Then I cannot confirm that a man from the street can in principle buy the best seats for 1400 rubles. There is no price on the tickets. To get the middle seats of the 8th row for 5000 I had to call about a dozen places - some offered for 7 and even 10 thousand. Ticket mafia as usual in Moscow - glad they had it clean during the Olympics - got all the tickets for the face value thanks to the foreigners who did not take their quotas.

One thing that I am not sure of is whether buying from the resellers is illegal (especially when there is no price on the ticket). Guys like parter.ru exist for years - they have offices and pay taxes. They say that they just have "a fee". Buying from "spekulyanty" (black dealers) on the street is for sure illegal.

Last year I bought tickets from reseller (it was vk group :laugh:) for a reasonable price. I had no problems with them. I know it's not right, but they had good seats :)

Camillo

On the Ice
I called http://ponominalu.ru/event/figurnoe-katanie the next day after the selling start date and they said they did not have good seats already.
No, they didn't have any good seats at all - I know, 'cause I phoned and emailed to Luzhniki and sites like kassir.ru and parter.ru right from the start of ticket sales at the b.o. The answer was: RusFed decided to sell online only the cheapest tickets.

There is no price on the tickets. To get the middle seats of the 8th row for 5000 I had to call about a dozen places - some offered for 7 and even 10 thousand.
Actually, the price depends on the seating, for example, tickets for November 15:
D1,2,3,5,6 A5,8 B3 C1,4, 5, 8 - 200 roubles
A5,8 B2 C1,4,5,8 - 400
C2,3,6,7 - 600
C2,3 - 900 (I guess, you have bought one of these for 5000)
A2 - 1400 (these you cannot buy even in the b.o., all reserved by RusFed)

Then I cannot confirm that a man from the street can in principle buy the best seats for 1400 rubles.
Well, I don't talk about the best seats, the point is - this year, thanks to RSFS, you can't buy even decent tickets online.

It's not normal, when your only options to have decent ticket is to live in the city of the event or to find mafia reseller. Imagine, if they would sell GPF tickets online only from 15th row and higher in corner sectors, and if you need better seat you have to go to CCIB b.o. and buy your ticket there.
Nonsense, right? :frown:

Besides, last year it was possible to buy good tickets for CoR online (6-15 rows in the center), I wonder what has changed now? :confused:

I don't think 4100 roubles can be considered "legal fee" for a ticket which normally costs 900 roubles in the booking office (900+4100=5000)

Also, according to Luzhniki, ponominalu is the only official dealer. Parter.ru, kassir.ru don't sell CoR tickets this year, only shady sites like vip-kassir etc.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Besides, last year it was possible to buy good tickets for CoR online (6-15 rows in the center), I wonder what has changed now? :confused:

And the place still weren't packed. I remember there were a lot of empty seats, especially first day. I wonder what will be this year. Half empty arena because people can't find where to buy tickets? :)

Camillo

On the Ice
And the place still weren't packed. I remember there were a lot of empty seats, especially first day. I wonder what will be this year. Half empty arena because people can't find where to buy tickets? :)
Yes, probably. It seems that neither Luzhniki, nor RFSF are interested in gathering more fans (and more money :biggrin: ). Maybe that's because Rostelecom has already paid for everything.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I don't think 4100 roubles can be considered "legal fee" for a ticket which normally costs 900 roubles in the booking office (900+4100=5000)

But this is like during old soviet days when Bolshoi theater tickets cost 2 rubles but you could not buy them. When the official C3 price is set at 900 rubles it is clear that they were not going to sell it openly in the first place. So the official price seems irrelevant (as I said it is even not shown on the ticket). May be it is just for the internal bookkeeping. The normal situation in Moscow is much higher face value which makes shady business questionable. For example, cannot remember exactly but the good seats for just the ladies events in Sochi cost 7 or 8 thousand (and the dollar was 30 not 44 then). The official price for Lenkom parter seats is 3000 (checked Bolshoi - no tickets till the end of the year).

A2 was offered for 10000.

Camillo

On the Ice
But this is like during old soviet days when Bolshoi theater tickets cost 2 rubles but you could not buy them. When the official C3 price is set at 900 rubles it is clear that they were not going to sell it openly in the first place. So the official price seems irrelevant (as I said it is even not shown on the ticket). May be it is just for the internal bookkeeping.
As far as I know, they do sell C2-3 (higher rows) at the booking office. The system is strange though - for example, today you can buy only 10 row and higher, tomorrow there are 6-7 rows :confused:

Therefore official price is still relevant for those who live in Moscow and it was relevant last year for all fans - you could buy the same C 2-3 tickets, 10 row online. I can't explain this sudden degradation :scowl:

The normal situation in Moscow is much higher face value which makes shady business questionable. For example, cannot remember exactly but the good seats for just the ladies events in Sochi cost 7 or 8 thousand (and the dollar was 30 not 44 then). The official price for Lenkom parter seats is 3000 (checked Bolshoi - no tickets till the end of the year).
A2 was offered for 10000.
Well, I can understand Sochi hype or prices to Lencom, but CoR... with many empty seats? :sarcasm:
There is simple way to solve a problem with black dealers - just sell all tickets online (okay, except those reserved for RusFed). It would be too complicated for dealers to resell e-tickets.

Sadly, but RusFed and Luzhniki are not interested in making the situation with tickets transparent. Perhaps, they benefit from this business or just don't care about FS fans :biggrin:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Hey, we are almost neighbors: C3 We could get some coffee after ladies and discuss how predictions went (if you are in the game).

anyanka

Record Breaker

FIGHT! FIGHT!! FIGHT!!!!! :laugh:

That 160 Euros for all days is CHEAP. Have a great time in Spain!