2014 Rostelecom Cup Short Dance 11/14 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Rostelecom Cup Short Dance 11/14

Alba

Record Breaker
I am so sad for I/Z because they're at disadvantage. :cry:

Don't be. As elif rightly said B&S didn't get any advantage over I&K despite being russian no.1
Yagudin lost to Plushenko many times (always?) in Russia and he managed to do just fine at international level.

I don't think I&Z should be concerned with that. They had a very good debut. They are a new couple.
So all they have to think about is skate well and show the judges they are here to stay and they are good.

Their time will come sooner than we think.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Don't be. As eilf rightly said B&S didn't give any advantage over I&K despite being russian no.1
Yagudin lost to Plushenko many times (always?) in Russia and he managed to do just fine at international level.

I don't think I&Z should be concerned with that. They had a very good debut. They are a new couple.
So all they have to think about is skate well and show the judges they are here to stay and they are good.

Their time will come sooner than we thought.

Amen.

And I hope they will be second russian team after my favourite B/S :yes: I know you don't like B/S very much, but I doo :)

Btw, have you checked youtube link in my previous post? Just wondering.

elif

Medalist
Federation support or no support, you just can't overshadow brilliant skating skills. I can't remember two ice dancers who have skating technique of Elena Ilinykh and Ruslan Zhiganshin and not making TOP in ice dance. 6.0 area included. If Federation support them it is going to fast, If they don't it is going to slow but they will be champions, If they continue to skate more. Just watch. ;)

Of course I want to see more ''clean judging'' ice dance event in russia. Last year it was just horrible to watch. :bang:

flutz16

Match Penalty
the fed wont just base it on technique they will also consider the one with the most international appeal and look
after all this is Ice Dance

Alba

Record Breaker
Amen.

And I hope they will be second russian team after my favourite B/S :yes: I know you don't like B/S very much, but I doo :)

Btw, have you checked youtube link in my previous post? Just wondering.

Yes I did. :biggrin:

I do like B&S. It's just that her posture disturbs me and makes me angry that she wasn't able to fix that.
That and some crap programs. But I'm looking forward to see their AK this year.

Federation support or no support, you just can't overshadow brilliant skating skills. I can't remember two ice dancers who have skating technique of Elena Ilinykh and Ruslan Zhiganshin and not making TOP in ice dance. 6.0 area included. If Federation support them it is going to fast, If they don't it is going to slow but they will be champions, If they continue to skate more. Just watch. ;)

Of course I want to see more ''clean judging'' ice dance event in russia. Last year it was just horrible to watch. :bang:

I fully agree.

the fed wont just base it on technique they will also consider the one with the most international appeal and look after all this is Ice Dance

What's the "international appeal and look"?

Meoima

Match Penalty
the fed wont just base it on technique they will also consider the one with the most international appeal and look
:popcorn: Lol do you think the fed would favor a stiff and cold as ice Vika? She's not memorable to me. Not international appeal in my eyes. Not excellent basics. :rolleye:

Unless S/K show great talents, or else I don't see them as having potential. They look stiff as hell.

'Appeal'? 'Look'? You're starting to sound like a certain poster who was banned a few months ago. Interestingly, they too weren't overly fond of using apostrophes and capital letters... :unsure:

Lol I almost asked that same question.

elif

Medalist

I'm talking about future championships, not cup of russia. Of course If federation wants, they can pick gold medalist of CoR. They did last year with Bobrova/Soloviev after all. :rolleye:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I don't think S/K is even going to make the podium though I could be wrong. I predict at least one glaring error from nikita and mediocre at best programs and SS. Basically I think they are going to go the way of C/L at the last competition, but without any reputation together to help them.

Alba

Record Breaker
I don't know if they will be held up by the judges in Russia, and I'm speaking in general not just at CoR.
If that's going to be the case, it shouldn't stop I&Z but give them more fuel and be the best instead.
It's so easy to become a "victim", but there is no use to it. I fully embrace Artur Dmitriev phylosophy in these cases.
He said about the Olys in 94, when he and Natalia came second (in my bokk they should've won), something like:
if you want to be the best and beat the best, you should leave no room, no doubts, and be perfect.

uhh

Medalist
I'm predicting the other C/B in the competition to surprise a few people! Penny & Nick have won 2 events already, their paso is tied with P/C for the best of the season imo, and their free dance is wonderful. The three Russian teams & H/B will be scrapping it out for bronze.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's possble, but Cup of Nice was a peculiar competition since other than Penny & Nick, the field in dance was very weak. I don't think the scores there are in line with other fall events.

tulosai

Record Breaker
It's possble, but Cup of Nice was a peculiar competition since other than Penny & Nick, the field in dance was very weak. I don't think the scores there are in line with other fall events.

This. While it's possible they may still be second here depending on a lot of things, I truly doubt their score will be anywhere as high as it was at CoN.

flutz16

Match Penalty
B events with 60+ scores doesn't mean much
just look at Monko/Khaliavin's ridiculous score at Ice Star yet only got 59 at Skate Canada

Sinitsina / Katsalapov have a bright future and hopefully will be rewarded at Rostelecom Cup

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
B events with 60+ scores doesn't mean much
just look at Monko/Khaliavin's ridiculous score at Ice Star yet only got 59 at Skate Canada

Sinitsina / Katsalapov have a bright future and hopefully will be rewarded at Rostelecom Cup

Not to mention C/L who scored 75 points for their SD at Milan. It was not B event, I know, but still :)
And M/K were held down in SC. :)

noidont

Final Flight
I feel like Lena and Ruslan has somewhat of a choreographic disadvantage. Averbukh's programs lack nuances, the kind of minute nuances that Lena and Ruslan are more than capable of at this point. This FD could be a lot more interesting. I wish they took the Secret Garden out and just go with the piano music at the beginning and end, showing some kind of intensity. I imagine Zueva is going to make V&N tease and flirt the hell out of each other in the Gary Moore program to hide their various weaknesses.

MarieM

On the Ice
I just wish for Nikita to be his usual self, make mistakes and become mad the attention isn't on him and only him.

Matt K

On the Ice
This. While it's possible they may still be second here depending on a lot of things, I truly doubt their score will be anywhere as high as it was at CoN.

I don't like this issue with judging, especially in the Grand Prixs. Will Chock/Bates get inflated marks because their competition is so much lower? Aren't scores one of the tiebreakers in determining who goes to the GPF? And then there is the issue of judges. At CoC, there were 7 judges instead of the usual 9. One or more bad apple judge on a 7-person panel could have a real detrimental effect on someone's scores than if there were the standard 9 judges available. ISU should be as consistent as possible but they are not.

Alba

Record Breaker
I just wish for Nikita to be his usual self, make mistakes and become mad the attention isn't on him and only him.

:laugh:
Well, the attention will be on him and only him this time. His partner is Viki.