Tonya Harding TV alert | Golden Skate

Tonya Harding TV alert

mpal2

Final Flight
For what it's worth, Tonya Harding will be on The Man Show on May 2 on the Comedy Channel. She's going to be boxing one of the hosts named Doug.

I have no clue if this will be worth watching or not, but we'll see.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
LOL! I saw the advertisement for that! I feel sort of sorry for her. Oh well, at least she isn't on those horrible info-mericals trying to sell food dehydraters yet....

John King

Final Flight
When Debbie Thomas quit skating,she went to university(as did former actress Mayim Bialik,a/k/a 'Blossom'),and did not constantly seek fame.Tonya should follow her lead.

thvudragon

On the Ice
John King said:
When Debbie Thomas quit skating,she went to university(as did former actress Mayim Bialik,a/k/a 'Blossom'),and did not constantly seek fame.Tonya should follow her lead.
Huh? Why? Just because she doesn't fit your narrow minded views of what she should be doing? :rolleye:

IDLERACER

Medalist
Whenever Tonya Harding is about to make an appearance on television, rather than calling it an "alert," perhaps it would be more appropriate to call it a "warning."

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
John King said:

ITA... I think her life could totally be different if she'd just try

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Tonya has a GED and a criminal record. Those would not help her get into a college.

John King

Final Flight
Re: Re: Tonya Harding TV alert

thvudragon said:
Huh? Why? Just because she doesn't fit your narrow minded views of what she should be doing? :rolleye:
Yes.I don't think it's appropriate to:Film your wedding night unless you WANT to risk it being viewed by the general public;On the crest of a 'comeback',hit your boyfriend with a hubcap in an alcohol-driven fury,spend 3 days in jail and ruin any chance of a comeback;Get into a tussle with your landlady,resulting in a $20,000 court ruling against you;Drive your truck into a ditch,violate the terms of your earlier probation and spend a further 8 days in jail.......

Shall I continue?

Oksana Baiul had the chance to reform herself.She took it,and succeeded.Tonya had several chances.She took them,and blew it again and again.

mpal2

Final Flight
IDLERACER said:
Whenever Tonya Harding is about to make an appearance on television, rather than calling it an "alert," perhaps it would be more appropriate to call it a "warning."

:laugh:

I'll keep that in mind. :p

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
DORISPULASKI said:
Tonya has a GED and a criminal record. Those would not help her get into a college.

I have a GED... I have had no trouble getting into UAA (in fact I started without my GED...) anymore GEDs are acceptable... you just have to take an assesment test to see how far behind or ahead you are... a lot of home school students use a GED to get a diploma that colleges recognise...

goodness if the GED thing was true I wouldn't have a prayer... it's just an excuse a lot of people have for not even trying to apply, I'm not applying to Harvard... and I don't think success should be measured by Ivy League schools

heck, Tonya could go to trade school for all I cared... it'd be better than staying the media's court jester!

hydroradi

Rinkside
I don't think Tonya wants to go to trade school or college and make a nice quiet life for herself away from the public eye.

The media is still infatuated with her and I think she gets off on the attention. She likes doing tv shows and media promotions for her boxnig all over the country and the world. They pay her travel when she does this. They pay to put her up in nice hotels. It beats a nice boring life as an auto mechanic, no?

I could think of much worse kind of life. The trade-off is most people think of her as a fool, but if Tonya is happy, why should she care what other people think?