2014 Rostelecom Cup Men's Short Program 11/14 | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2014 Rostelecom Cup Men's Short Program 11/14

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Kori seems to have a remarkable ability to keep things in perspective. I wonder if she would consider a sideline as a Life Coach. I couldn't afford her, but I sure could use one! :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yeah, but there are 3 persons among the judges with a Russian name.... And in the whole judging panel 5 such persons altogether.

Do you mean Slavic? Or specifically Russian?

If an American judge were named Lipinski, would you assume that s/he would give extra points to Polish skaters?

If a Canadian judge were named Rochette, would you assume that s/he would give extra points to French skaters?

If an American judge were named Yamaguchi, would you assume that s/he would give extra points to Japanese skaters?

Need I continue? :bang:

(To be clear: I would make no such assumptions.)

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker

And I suppose you would assume that if an American judge were named Yamaguchi, s/he would give extra points to Japanese skaters.

And that if an American judge were named Lipinski, s/he would give extra points to Polish skaters.

And that if a Canadian judge were named Rochette, s/he would give extra points to French skaters.

Just imagine if someone of mixed heritage had a hyphenated surname! Double bias! :laugh:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland

If an American judge were named Lipinski, would you assume that s/he would give extra points to Polish skaters?

If a Canadian judge were named Rochette, would you assume that s/he would give extra points to French skaters?

If an American judge were named Yamaguchi, would you assume that s/he would give extra points to Japanese skaters?

(To be clear: I would make no such assumptions.)

Well, I believe that various Russian skating persons did spread out into SU satellite countries, and so there are Russian judges among the judges of those countries. So it is no wonder that BLR and CZE judges have a Russian name.... Even we had a Russian judge in Sochi ladies competition!

Last edited:

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
Well, I believe that various Russian skating persons did spread out into SU satellite countries, and so there are Russian judges among the judges of those countries. So it is no wonder that BLR and CZE judges have a Russian name.... Even we had a Russian judge in Sochi ladies competition!

The situation is much more complicated! The Russians are a big power in the world of figure skating. Perhaps the czechs don't like the Russians but in the world of skating there are covenants ... I do score high for your skater and the next time you reward.