2014 Cup of China Free Dance 11/08 | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2014 Cup of China Free Dance 11/08

Matt K

On the Ice
That is what I was saying. That C/L lack of deep edges is reminiscent of that other team. Actually no, the way in which they skate is similar. But that is for another time. Never mind.

BlackPack

Medalist
This. If Marina is not careful, she will soon find her work eclipsed by Lauzon and his team. Their work has been steadily gaining my interest.

As for I/Z, I find their chemistry refreshing, it is tender and natural not forced. This suits them at this point in their careers as the have a very fresh young look. S/K look more mature due to their physical build. I/Z are embarking on a style all their own. I cannot say how often I've reviewed their performances. These dances will only improve in time. Those twizzles, clean twice in a row. Bodes well for them.

Marina has reached such a state of stagnation that even Linichuk and Karpanassov may make a comeback :biggrin::laugh: Indeed, Dubrueil and Lauzon are doing wonderful work, especially with Hurtado and Diaz. Even though their skating skills aren't on par, the innovation and boldness of their programs more than make up for them.

I'll take your word for I&Z's youthfulness as refreshing. Personally, ice dancers always looked young (cus they are young), but the most successful ice dancers still usually looked older and more sophisticated than teenagers. Lena is on a mission to overthrow Nikita! She is on fire. I haven't seen that kind of attack in her programs, maybe ever.

lavender

Record Breaker
Marina is going through a period like maybe every choreographer has gone through imo. Love Lori N but her programs got stale and just didn't fit everyone. However she came through it eventually but still her programs won't make everyone look great on ice and that to me is more about the skaters.

BlackPack

Medalist
Marina is going through a period like maybe every choreographer has gone through imo. Love Lori N but her programs got stale and just didn't fit everyone. However she came through it eventually but still her programs won't make everyone look great on ice and that to me is more about the skaters.

I think Marina's choreography is very one-dimensional. Lori, however, is much more versatile. Sure, she has stagnated a bit, but at least it seems that she tries to help each individual skater develop his or her own style and highlight their strengths. When I watch her programs, I don't necessarily think, "It's so obvious it's Lori Nichol" at least to the extent that Marina's programs have become a stereotype. IMO. I like what Lori has done for Carolina and D10. Plus, Lori hasn't choreographed for ice dance, has she?