2014 Cup of China Pairs Free Skate 11/08 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Cup of China Pairs Free Skate 11/08

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Aaaargh!!!! I just reached the end of the Group 1 warm-up, and the Sky box decides to change channel on it's own!!! :mad: :mad:

(I don't know why, but it sometimes does that!)

So, because I live-paused it rather than recorded it, I've missed the first 4 routines!!! :mad: :mad:

Oh well, at least I can now keep a track of the comments being made here live. ;)

CaroLiza_fan

LRK

Record Breaker
And Eurosport2 Nordic is showing old soccer goals!!! After the men's free the commentator said they would be back with the pairs in 15 minutes and now, 50 minutes later they are still showing old soccer goals! Ridiculous and infuriating! How many hours of soccer and snooker do they show in a year and how many hours of figure skating? Just wondering....

It was driving me batty! I missed the rest, and sat down to watch the pairs'... And there was... Eurogoals! Though the program info on my digital box still claims it was showing "Konståkning". Then I looked up their schedule:

http://tv.eurosport.se/tvschedule.shtml

Apparently they've changed their minds - or should that be "minds"? Apparently they suddenly realised they just could not live without football? I can understand not showing something - but what really drives me round the bend is claiming to show one thing - and then turning round and showing something else instead! I'm glad I'm not literally given to teeth-gnashing - or else I'd be left with mere stumps by now! And if you'll all pardon my saying but - Grrrrrrr!!!!

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS FREE SKATE - POSITION AFTER 4 OF 8

1. Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 155.90 Free Skate
2. Natasha PURICH / Andrew WOLFE (CAN) - 153.70 Free Skate
3. Jessica CALALANG / Zack SIDHU (USA) - 147.81 Free Skate
4. Arina CHERNIAVSKAIA / Antonino SOUZA-KORDYERU (RUS) - 133.45 Free Skate

LRK

Record Breaker
Good Heavens! I just found a working stream.... and they were showing something from the men.... What in the name of goodness.... ?!

:jaw:

I'm not sure if I should be sorry... or glad to have missed all that?!? I'll catch up on in later, but...

(Yes, I know this is the wrong thread, but somebody said something about the men's thread having turned toxic, and I'm not sure I want to venture in there... at any rate wholly unprepared! I need to find out what actually happened first... )

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Vera BAZAROVA / Andrei DEPUTAT (RUS)

Music: Adios Nonino by Astor Piazzolla

She's in red dress w/ black lace overlay. He's in all black

3T - she twofoot, maybe <, unison very off
3Tw - vertical
2A+1Lo+2S - she has hand down on 2A, he does 2A+1Lo+2S hand down
BoDs
FCCoSp3p - unison off/on
3FTh - almost hand down
3LoTh - fall
ChSq
5ALi
3Li
5RLi
PCoSp3p

Bit messy skate. Problems on both sbs jumps and throws

FS: 54.01+56.58-1.00 = 109.59 (PB), 166.44 (PB), 1st (out of 5)

alebi

Medalist
Good Heavens! I just found a working stream.... and they were showing something from the men.... What in the name of goodness.... ?!

I'm not sure if I should be sorry... or glad to have missed all that?!? I'll catch up on in later, but...

(Yes, I know this is the wrong thread, but somebody said something about the men's thread having turned toxic, and I'm not sure I want to venture in there... at any rate wholly unprepared! I need to find out what actually happened first... )

you can read here http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?52676-Han-Yan-amp-Yuzuru-Hanyu-health-updates

viennaskater

Medalist
The men's event wasn't toxic - it was just very dramatic because of the collision during the warm-up. Luckily both skaters involved did compete, showing great character.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Eurosport were just re-capping on what happened in the Men's during the group warm-up. So, if you wanted to watch the Pairs, I hope you didn't leave it!

By the way, with there being so many splits this season, I can't remember all the stories that accompanied them.

So, what happened with Larionov? I think that he ditched Vera à la Katsalapov, but I can't remember if he got a new partner.

CaroLiza_fan

alebi

Medalist
Eurosport were just re-capping on what happened in the Men's during the group warm-up. So, if you wanted to watch the Pairs, I hope you didn't leave it!

By the way, with there being so many splits this season, I can't remember all the stories that accompanied them.

So, what happened with Larionov? I think that he ditched Vera à la Katsalapov, but I can't remember if he got a new partner.

CaroLiza_fan

yes Larionov paired with the (ex) Estonian skater Zabiako and they are in the same training group led by Nina Mozer

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Let's see if the Chinese will sweep the podium in Pairs to make up for the bottom three finish in Ice Dance.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN (CHN)

Music: Humility and Love (from "Creation" soundtrack)

Both in blue sparkly costumes

3T - very solid
2A+2A+SEQ
3Tw
3LoTh - good height, maybe slight twofoot
5ALi
BoDs
FCCoSp3p - unison off
ChSq
5RLi - he drops her, hands still clasped though!
3FTh - low, she hangs on
4Li
PCoSp3p

Shame about the lift, everything else was nice

FS: 59.19+58.11-1.00 = 116.30 (PB), 173.33, 1st

alebi

Medalist
Thank you, alebi.

CaroLiza_fan

I also remember that Yuri (and Mozer) was already planning to skate with Zabiako before the official split, that's why it was a "Katsalapov" separation

(LOL we just coined a new adjective :p )

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Xuehan WANG / Lei WANG (CHN)

Music: My Fair Lady by Frederick Loewe

She's in light pink dress. He's in dark suit

3Tw
2T+1T - he does 3T+2T
2S - she does 3S fall
4Li
BoDs
3FTh - hand down
3LoTh - nice
5BLi
ChSq
CCoSp3p - unison off at start
5RLi
PCoSp3p

Big problems w sbs jumps, but the rest was solid enough.

FS: 57.58+58.30-1.00 = 114.88, 172.15, 2nd (out of 7)

alebi

Medalist
please WANG / WANG stay between YU / JIN and Bazarova / Deputat... at least I'll have a futile thing to be happy about today... (perfect prediction)

elle_e

On the Ice
The British Eurosport commentators keep implying that the TES counter box is only showing the base value without the GOE added :|