2014 Cup of China Pairs Free Skate 11/08 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Cup of China Pairs Free Skate 11/08

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I also remember that Yuri (and Mozer) was already planning to skate with Zabiako before the official split, that's why it was a "Katsalapov" separation

(LOL we just coined a new adjective :p )

I hope we don't have to use that adjective too often, though. I don't like it when somebody "does a Katsalapov". It's very underhanded.

:p :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

LRK

Record Breaker
Eurosport were just re-capping on what happened in the Men's during the group warm-up. So, if you wanted to watch the Pairs, I hope you didn't leave it!

By the way, with there being so many splits this season, I can't remember all the stories that accompanied them.

So, what happened with Larionov? I think that he ditched Vera à la Katsalapov, but I can't remember if he got a new partner.

CaroLiza_fan

Well, I did leave it - but not because of that. I spoke too soon - when the actual competition started - I discovered the darn thing was out of sync! And every other stream I've been trying wants me to download something to make them work... I should have just stuck with trying to watch the Russian... Brit Eurosport is apparently not "meant" for me... :cry:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG (CHN)

Music: Allegretto from Piano Trio by Dmitri Shostakovich

She's in dark red dress. He's in white shirt w matching hem, black pants

4Tw - very big!
3T<< - she adds +1T, he does clean 3T+2T
2A - she falls
FCCoSp3p - unisonn off
3LoTh - bit low landing, but clean
5BLi
3STh
ChSq
5RLi
BiDs
3Li
PCoSp3p

Big problems again for her on sbs jumps, but they should easily take the gold

FS: 60.40+65.54-1.00 = 124.94 (SB), 194.05 (SB), 1st (out of 8)

Lota

Record Breaker
Ok, they're not at their very best, but I just love Peng/Zhang. Actually, I think I just fell in love with all of these top 3 chinese teams :love:

elle_e

On the Ice
please WANG / WANG stay between YU / JIN and Bazarova / Deputat... at least I'll have a futile thing to be happy about today... (perfect prediction)

Well, I guess I'm off to score the Pairs Event now :laugh:

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG (CHN) - 194.05 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN (CHN) - 173.33 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
3. Xuehan WANG / Lei WANG (CHN) - 172.15 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Vera BAZAROVA / Andrei DEPUTAT (RUS) - 166.44 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
5. Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 155.90 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
6. Natasha PURICH / Andrew WOLFE (CAN) - 153.70 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
7. Jessica CALALANG / Zack SIDHU (USA) - 147.81 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
8. Arina CHERNIAVSKAIA / Antonino SOUZA-KORDYERU (RUS) - 133.45 Free Skate, 2nd Copy

thoakun

Final Flight
I haven't watched pairs for a while but I've fallen in love with the 3 Chinese teams, even if they weren't at their best today. :love:

Lota

Record Breaker
Yeah. While last year P/Z looked a little creepy, I'm really loving their relationship on the ice this year. Like B.Eurosport guys were saying, she really has grown up a lot.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Pairs in China - big yawn. Fair enough pairs skating doesn't have its top teams competing on the GP circuit and there are more break ups than Johnny Weir has designer bags but really not greatr skating or excitement - sure nice for the Chinese they owned the podium but yawn - almost like no one really cared. Maybe later on the skating will be more passionate and exciting.

thoakun

Final Flight
Around 2 years ago, I also found that P/Z looked creepy, but then everyone watching them in person told me that they had better presence, unison and musicality than on the screen and the creepy vibe was barely visible watching from high rows. Wish them well.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Still creepy or uncomfortable for me but they did a good job. Just no pairs team is really taking command - except maybe Kavaguti and Smirnov but I will beleive it if they do well in their second GP event.

rain

Record Breaker
I've finally found a pairs team to love. I really enjoyed Yu/Jin, in spite of the lift that went awry. Beautiful line and elements. I can't wait to see them grow.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
^^ I know right? I like them more than sui/han.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Yu/Jin 's LP is very beautiful and the music is mesmerizing. What a shame on the mistake. Yu grew a lot taller since she paired with Jin. Hope her growth has stopped.