Adelina Sotnikova Withdraws From 2014 Rostelecom Cup | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova Withdraws From 2014 Rostelecom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertskates

Medalist
Well, I just send her best wishes for healing her injury. I looked forward to seeing her skate, but will just wait a little longer.

samson

Medalist
Such a shame! Hope she has a speedy recovery! I've got to imagine this creates a pretty clear path for Anna Pogorilaya to the title at Rostelecom.

anyanka

Record Breaker
The withdrawal is relatively close to the event: only a week before. Under ISU GP rules, does the federation get to send someone else in that spot? Or can they give it up to another country? Also, what is the deadline to get someone in there? Will the spot simply be vacated?

PftJump

On the Ice
Questionable withdrawal.

I think she didn't prepare for skating,

and Russian federation can't accept it because she must remain the Queen of Russia.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The withdrawal is relatively close to the event: only a week before. Under ISU GP rules, does the federation get to send someone else in that spot? Or can they give it up to another country? Also, what is the deadline to get someone in there? Will the spot simply be vacated?

The host country can choose to fill the spot or not.

Maria Stavitskaya already is the official replacement for Sotnikova at Rostelecom Cup -- per the ISU site as well as the federation's announcement of Sotnikova's withdrawal.

swc0931

Rinkside
WHAT??????I hope she recovers soon........... because she is going to wins everything!!!!!!!!!!!

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Assuming she sits out this season, does that mean she'll fall behind the pack for next season?

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I'm not that surprised to be honest. I think it sucks b/c I was looking forward to seeing both of her programs this season (I really think her FS showed some promise) but if she's injured then she needs to work on getting better. Adelina can afford to sit out the GP this year and just show up at nationals...assuming she can deliver. On her best day she will place top 2 in Russia, so as long as she skates well there she should be fine and make it onto that world team.

I wish her a speedy recovery. Anna's chances of winning another event just got better.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
No! I hope she recovers soon, I was so excited to see her programs. :cry:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Who would beat her on her best day?

IDK, I'm just leaving room. :biggrin: Possibly Julia, especially if she goes on to win COC and TEB and the Final. That will give her a lot of momentum coming into nationals which may lead to the judges giving her a tiny boost. I think Julia's skating is cleaner than Adelina's but I prefer Adelina's big jumps and big personality over Julia's smaller jumps and introverted style.

Either way when Adelina is on, she's among the best in the world...and that was before all of the big names retired. Now I do think she has a legitimate shot at being the best in the world but it will all come down to her ability to keep her nerves in check and skate the way she did at the end of last season.

Ayeshoo

On the Ice
I hope she recovers soon. This is the best call. Rather withdraw than not skate 100% and injure herself more. No one wants that to any skater. Does anyone know what exactly happened to her? Like how she got injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.