Adult Onset Skating Syndrome (AOSS) | Golden Skate

Adult Onset Skating Syndrome (AOSS)

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I saw this on the internet while searching for adult testing and thought it was funny-enjoy!

Adult-Onset Skating Syndrome (AOSS)

So you're 30-something or 40-something and have never skated, or skated a bit as a kid. But the sight of the skaters on TV gets something going in the pit of your stomach so you get some skates and take a few lessons. Next thing you know you're hooked! Some of the symptoms of this disease are:

1) You start dreaming about sit-spins and double jumps.

2) You find yourself practicing spread-eagles while waiting for the bus.

3) The major factor in choosing an apartment/vacation destination is a nearby rink. Corollary: You know the day/hour of every skating session within 50 miles.

4) You start planning your work and family life around your skating sessions. Corollary: Your dog fetches your skates on command.

5) You put off buying clothes to pay for more coaching. Corollary: The clothes you DO buy are made of Lycra and sequins.

6) You break in your skates by wearing them at work and slip on the way to the printer, suffering a black eye.

7) You forget to take work clothes to the rink and end up spending your work day in your skating costume. None of your colleagues seems surprised.

8) You hype your Alpha test so much at work that your co-workers think it's a qualifying event for Nationals.

If you notice any of these symptoms in yourself, you are suffering from AOSS my friend! Subscribe to rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational. At least you will have the compassion of others who are dealing with this problem, and you may find the solution for centering that darned scratch spin!

megsk8z

On the Ice
How's 5 for 8 on this? I've always said that if I can't skate in it, I won't wear it. Now if I could just find some clothes that double jump.................so far not much luck, but that hasn't stopped me from buying more hopeful prospects.

Thanks for the laugh, dlkksk8fan. I need help.