Todd Eldredge is engaged | Golden Skate

Todd Eldredge is engaged

dizzydi

On the Ice
Wow, that's great news.

It's great to hear that Todd is enjoying his life after a long competitive career.

Many congrats to him and his lady.

Dizzy

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I second the congrats. I really like Todd and hope the best for him always.

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I read something like this in someone's online journal... but they didn't name him... just T E... which I kinda figured meant him

congrats to Todd!

Bijoux

Match Penalty
I am surprised...

How old is Todd now? I have never seen any talk of a girlfriend nor of Megan. I think Todd was often cited as getting the only standing O's at SOI this year among the regular cast. Scott gets them as we all know all the time. Well, I suppose he wants children. Todd is healthy, apparently wealthy and probably has just a couple years at most as an SOI skater. So this makes sense if true.

tvcats

Rinkside
Todd will turn 33 in August of this year, to answer the question about age. And he has always kept his private life *private*, so I'm not surprised that no one had an idea about this.
Congratulations to Megan & Todd! I'm very happy for them.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Todd is engaged!

This is such wonderful news!!! Congrats to Todd & Megan!!! I am absolutely thrilled for them both!

:love:

Bijoux, Todd signed a six-year contract with SOI two years ago. He joined the tour right after the SLC Olympics, and skated in SOI for the second half of the 2001/2002 tour. He has skated in the complete SOI tour for two whole seasons (& is currently on the Canadian SOI tour). He is getting lots of well-deserved standing ovations on the tour. :)

Last edited:

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Hooray Todd!!

My first thought was I wonder if Paul Wylie will be a bridesmaid?? I kinda never forgave Dick for saying that Paul was "always a bridesmaid, making a career out of finishing 2nd":laugh:

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I always loved Todd and have missed his reliable presence in the eligible world. This is great for him, though. He seems to have such a genuinely nice and uncomplicated personality....great husband and father material!

And as for Dick's comment about Paul Wylie, well I never heard that one! Poor Dick, maybe he can't remember Albertville....LOL!

Longhornliz

Final Flight
He goes off on a rant about paul's inconsistancy and "almost but not quite" finishes in the middle of his 1990 nationals lp... You just dont say a dude is always a bridesmaid!!!

Bijoux

Match Penalty
Paul is a skater for the ages. He is one of the best male skaters out there or he was. He quit SOI to get his masters, but his pro career was great. I missed him, and I have seen few male skaters that can match him. Gold does not equal the best in a lot of major comps as we all know. Kat witt said it was "vVctor's turn for Gold" and it was block judging that got him the 92 gold, IMO, but that performance of Paul's was great. Dick loves Wylie, I'm sure.

As for Dick, well, I cut him slack as he has had great peices of commentary, and though Fleming, Carruthers, Gannon and now "Lisa" don't say much controversial they are bland. Hooray for Button, even though he has put his foot in his mouth aLOT wish he had his own site to answer quesions called "ASK UNCLE DICK! "

When Peggy says something not sweet (which I'd rather hear than the ice queen sappy stuff) she gets slammed way more than Dick. The threads about him are as legendary as his career by now.

Eldredgefan2001

Rinkside
To get back on topic of this thread...CONGRATULATIONS TODD & MEGAN!!! I hope that you have a wonderful happy life together!! :love:

Kathie

Lucy25

Final Flight
I guess this means I don't have a chance with him now:( . He lives very close by me, and I have always thought that if I could only run into him in the grocery store, I would make him fall in love with me at first sight:laugh: (as if!)

Best of luck to him!

CB1AB2

Medalist
This is great news. Todd is my all time favorite skater. I love his skating. As for this years SOI=he did get a standing O in Mass.
I'm very happy for him and Megan. I wish them all the best.

cb

sarahmistral

On the Ice
Hey Lucy,
You can still run (barreling) into him at the supermarket (knocking over all his groceries) and make him fall in love at first sight with you (or else)...
LOL..I loved your wording of that quip:laugh:

But seriously, congrats Todd, for keeping your private life private, so that we're all excited and happy for you when you go public about such a special moment in your life!

Sarah

IDLERACER

Medalist
Lucy25 said:
I guess this means I don't have a chance with him now:( . He lives very close by me, and I have always thought that if I could only run into him in the grocery store, I would make him fall in love with me at first sight:laugh: (as if!)

Best of luck to him!

[COLOR=8000C0]I live in the same general area as Michelle, Amber and Angela, but harbour no such delusions. No one has yet made any comment of the fact that his soon-to-be wife is a whale trainer. I guess that if anyone asks him if she's "in the business," he could sort of truthfully answer, "Well, she is a choreographer of sorts...I guess."[/COLOR] :D