How is Dan Zhang doing? | Golden Skate

How is Dan Zhang doing?

BounceAround

On the Ice
I believe we saw her in the crowd during the pairs' event at Cup of China. Does anyone know what she is up to? I hope she's doing well :).

HarvieKrumpet

Rinkside
According to a recent interview, she really enjoy her life with boyfriend, walking into marriage is just on the schedule.
She doesn't do any particular job at this moment, but still considering about to be a couch.

BounceAround

On the Ice
Thank you both for your replies. I'm glad she is happy. I was a little bit sad that there were no pictures of her at Hao Zhang's wedding :(. It seemed that their partnership didn't end too well.

HarvieKrumpet

Rinkside
Indeed she did not show up in the wedding, and her reactions to those new regarding their relationship is always sensitive.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Thank you both for your replies. I'm glad she is happy. I was a little bit sad that there were no pictures of her at Hao Zhang's wedding :(. It seemed that their partnership didn't end too well.

The partnership ended as her decision when she grew too tall for Pairs. She was very supportive of Hao's decision to continue. When Hao started training with Peng, he expressed how much he missed the connection he had with Dan. He said Dan always knew exactly what he was thinking with just a glance at her. Her hand was always there when he reached for it. It was a long partnership though it was not one ending in marriage. :)

HarvieKrumpet

Rinkside
But Dan has announced on social network that she never said the reason of leaving is HER HEIGHT, so it's still unknown what lead to such a decision.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
According to a recent interview, she really enjoy her life with boyfriend, walking into marriage is just on the schedule.
She doesn't do any particular job at this moment, but still considering about to be a couch.
One would think she needs to make a living or are you saying a "couch" refers to some kind of slang term in another language or something. I am a bit confused how one becomes a couch - or is there a translation issue? I think it has something to do with laziness in English but maybe you meant it in another way.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
One would think she needs to make a living or are you saying a "couch" refers to some kind of slang term in another language or something. I am a bit confused how one becomes a couch - or is there a translation issue? I think it has something to do with laziness in English but maybe you meant it in another way.

I think it's a typo for "coach".

But Dan has announced on social network that she never said the reason of leaving is HER HEIGHT, so it's still unknown what lead to such a decision.

At the time there were reports and interviews citing her decision to retire because it was getting too difficult for Hao, causing him injuries. She seemed happy about the decision and in videod activities after the retirement. She was considering coaching but wanted to enjoy freedom.