Fun Commercials !! | Golden Skate

Fun Commercials !!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I'm going to be honest here. I walked straight to the kitchen and grabbed a banana!

I guess those commercials do work :think:....after a minute of laughing hysterically :laugh: tbh I was thinking of eating something banana-flavoured after I watched this

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love most of the AFLAC commercials.

One of my all time favorite commercials - The Staples one (circa 1986?) in which the father of two forlorn children takes them shopping for back-to-school supplies. The music playing is "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year," and you hear someone saying "They're going back!" The father is really "in your face" with his kids. Cracks me up to this day.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My problem here is that I don't really watch adverts any more. I usually record things, and edit out the ads. Or else, if I am watching something live, I wander off and do things.

So, I can't really think of many recent funny adverts.

But, as soon as I saw this thread, this particular advert immediately popped into my head;

Yellow Pages (Haircut) ad

I just love it! Not only is it really funny, but the cast are all from Northern Ireland!

And when I went looking for it, I found the follow-up ad. OK, so Jimmy Nesbitt is joined by an English cast in this one, but it is still funny!

Yellow Pages (Yoga) ad

The second advert that came into my head was this one:

Go Compare ad

This is the first in a long series of adverts starring the same character. (The others are also on the Go Compare channel). And it did not take long for people to really start hating the character. In a way, it was funny the reaction it caused. In the end, the company had to kill him off. But they milked the publicity for a long time before they did!

Oh, and I just thought of another funny advert that stars somebody else from Northern Ireland. You might recognise her... ;) :biggrin:

YooMoo ad

I'll try and think of some more and get back to you.

CaroLiza_fan

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
i love most of the AFLAC commercials.

One of my all time favorite commercials - The Staples one (circa 1986?) in which the father of two forlorn children takes them shopping for back-to-school supplies. The music playing is "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year," and you hear someone saying "They're going back!" The father is really "in your face" with his kids. Cracks me up to this day.

One of the funniest ever for me, too, even after seeing/hearing it a gajillion times!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You know those pages of lists that people share on Facebook. Well, I normally don't click into them as they are usually a load of claptrap. But, I clicked on one this morning, and was so glad I did as I related to EVERYTHING on it.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/they-drink-it-in-the-congo

Members in the British Isles will love this as it will bring back lots of memories! Those outside the British Isles probably won't understand most of them! :laugh:

Anyway, one of the things on the list (#23) was the following advert:

Um Bongo ad

Even now, 20 odd years later, I still sing that song every time I hear the words "Um Bongo" or "Congo"! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

P.S. I've been trying to find other memorable ads from my childhood, but am not having much success. :disapp:

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Tomas Verner goes full Blades of Glory!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc65ZaCrVoQ

Unfortunately, this YouTube video is geo-blocked in the UK. :disapp:

HOWEVER, it is also available on Vodafone CZ's Facebook page, and can be viewed here!!! :cheer:

Does anybody know who the first person Tomas pulls out of the crowd to do a demonstration is? Whoever she is, she clearly knows what she is doing! ;)

And I would advise you to click on the link in the description. It doesn't matter if you can read Czech or not - just looking at the photos of Tomas make it worthwhile! :laugh:

Where on earth did he get that wig out of?! :eek:

Thank you to Marta Garcia for posting a link to the video on her Facebook profile.

CaroLiza_fan