2014 Rostelecom Practice reports | Golden Skate

2014 Rostelecom Practice reports

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Official practices should begin today... Any news? (especially about the Ice Dance drama :biggrin: )

Last edited by a moderator:

unico

Final Flight
From twitter:

Misha Ge @mishageofficial · 2 時間 2 時間前
Did first official training, was little rough but overall ok. Trying get my body back.

I'm really cheering for Ge to do well at this event. Two competitions in two weeks is pretty tough, but I think his 3A technique has really improved and I would be so chuffed to see him do well again here at CoR!

anyanka

Record Breaker
From twitter:

Misha Ge @mishageofficial · 2 時間 2 時間前
Did first official training, was little rough but overall ok. Trying get my body back.

I'm really cheering for Ge to do well at this event. Two competitions in two weeks is pretty tough, but I think his 3A technique has really improved and I would be so chuffed to see him do well again here at CoR!

You and I both. His Umbrellas of Cherbourg was a bit undermarked, but he could perhaps add more difficult transitions and make it really sing. It's a very entertaining program!

sisinka

Medalist
Sinitsina & Katsalapov's FD from practise - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2luBqKPCaE

I read some notes from a spectator who was sitting there...

From first training group (Americans plus Kim & Minov):
“I liked Hawayek the most – very light and “air“ looking. Other couple looks “heavy“ in comparison with them. Bates with trembling hands in lift where he keeps Madison's ankle, it was terribly looking.“

The second group:
“Ilinykh – Carmen, other skates free dance.“

“It is a pity that comparison was made with I&Z’s SD and S&K’s FD, but as to synchro, sharpness and overall impression I&Z are one head above (in meaning one level above) that S&K. Nikita tryied to fall three times, stumbled, Twizzles not synchro. Ruslan is great in comparison with him. Stepanova & Bukin are better also, they have great spin.“

“I&Z looks sure, they skate in synchro, the dance is great, dance parts looked convincing. They didn’t do Twizzles during SD, they executed it later – not ideal in synchro, but fast, more fast than S&B. “

“S&K – free dance is affective, but not compact/coherent – that thing which was visible in May didn’t go away. The lift was good. I don’t have a compact idea yet. “

“S&B – they skate in unison, they look beautiful, they have good looking costumes. They are doing elements well. They are missing the overall brightness.“

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Another friend of mine confirmed that Nikita stumbled and almost fell during their FD at practice. I guess things are not all perfect in Zueva's kingdom after all.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Another friend of mine confirmed that Nikita stumbled and almost fell during their FD at practice. I guess things are not all perfect in Zueva's kingdom after all.

Well, who said it was perfect? :think:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Wow, so much negativity towards Nikita and Elena :slink: I don't like the music choice, but what we see in the video is not a bad program at all: good speed, some difficult transitions, good twizzles... Let's just wait for the competition! I just wonder how many times is Zoueva going to use that V/M lift again :laugh:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Wow, so much negativity towards Nikita andElena :slink: I don't like the music choice, but what we see in the video is not a bad program at all: good speed, some difficult transitions, good twizzles... Let's just wait for the competition! I just wonder how many times is Zoueva going to use that V/M lift again :laugh:

I think you mean Victoria?

elif

Medalist
What is going to happen when dance team begins midline sequence in one place but ends completely another place? Just curious... Reduce a level or that is acceptable?

sisinka

Medalist
Wow, so much negativity towards Nikita and Elena :slink: I don't like the music choice, but what we see in the video is not a bad program at all: good speed, some difficult transitions, good twizzles... Let's just wait for the competition! I just wonder how many times is Zoueva going to use that V/M lift again :laugh:

The program itself has positives but also more than one negative sides.

Vika & Nikita look very well together, they are beautiful couple.

Choreography is not bad, but it tries to hide all weaknesses.

Speed is good comparing with Shibs and Cappellini, but definitely not very high if I don’t take cross-overs parts into account.

Spacing is big – Vika and Nikita have head close sometimes but if you look where their skates are you will discover that they give heads forward but have much bigger spacing between body and skates – so they have quite big distance between each other.

Out of the rhythm Nikita starts to be a tradition – very visible in Step Sequence.

Levels in elements – it is just practise, so we can talk about it later during competition. Nikita’s mistake in Twizzles – a Piruette.

Transitions – there are some interesting movements but I have an idea that I saw it used by other couples (S&Z, V&M, D&W, I don’t know, but watching I have a deja vu feeling), but some movements really looks nice. What doesn’t look that charming is the fact that all dynamic movements are done while the couple is staying on the ice or from very little speed. While the couple gets faster they are doing just ordinary and rather slower moves.

Final lift is difficult and well done, but executed previously by Meryl in better position (Charlie definitely didn’t look at Meryl’s intimate places).

Overall good impression but hardly that phenomenal like Zueva describes (especially taking into account that during competition and under the stress and skating whole program – the couple will have a big problem to execute at least such level of elements and speed).

sisinka

Medalist
What is going to happen when dance team begins midline sequence in one place but ends completely another place? Just curious... Reduce a level or that is acceptable?

I think that they count all turns done on the circle, in moment when you finish a circle other turns are not counted - which means that Vika & Nikita's last three turns shouldn't be counted.