2014 Trophée Eric Bompard TV and Webstreams | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard TV and Webstreams

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a wee reminder that Eurosport 2 International's coverage of the Trophée Éric Bompard today will start in just under 1 hour (13:00 GMT/ 14:00 CET) with highlights of the Men's Free, followed by LIVE coverage of the Gala 30 minutes later at 13:30 GMT (14:30 CET).

Here is a link:

Eurosport 2 International livestream

Just be warned, British Eurosport 2 is NOT showing any LIVE skating today. Instead, it is showing Tennis all afternoon.

HOWEVER, British ESP2 WILL be showing the same coverage as ESP2 International on a delayed basis, with the Men's FS at 17:30 GMT, followed by full covergae if the Gala from 18:00 - 20:00 GMT (And before somebody says "but that's 15 minutes shorter than the LIVE coverage on International", I've had my abacus out and those 15 minutes being lost equartes to the interval being taken out!)

If the tennis runs to schedule, there will also be highlights of the Pairs FS from 17:00 - 17:30 GMT. But, if the tennis over-runs, this will probably be scrapped.

Here is a link:

British Eurosport 2 livestream

I will be watching the delayed coverage of the skating on BES2, as I am going to be spending the afternoon watching the final race of the Formula 1 season. All the best Nico!

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Tennis has finished early. Men's Free just finished on British Eurosport 2

The full Pairs FS is on now. I think the Gala will still be on at the planned 17:30 GMT (Don't know for sure - Sky EPG listings are up the creek!)

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Tennis has finished early. Men's Free just finished on British Eurosport 2

The full Pairs FS is on now. I think the Gala will still be on at the planned 17:30 GMT (Don't know for sure - Sky EPG listings are up the creek!)

CaroLiza_fan

Stolbova/Klimov are on at the moment. Hopefully the Gala will be on after them!

Sky EPG still not giving anything away! :rolleye:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That was a total and utter disgrace what British Eurosport 2 did with their coverage of the Gala.

Like, with the tennis finishing early, they had lots of time in which to show the Gala in its entirity. But instead, they did a total hatchet job on it!

Like, all they had to do was:

16:00 - 17:00 GMT: Pair's FS (All)
17:00 - 17:30 GMT: Men's FS (Top 3)
17:30 - 20:00 GMT: Gala (full coverage, but with ads inserted to make it up to the time required)

That way, they could show the Gala in full, and there would only need to be minor adjustments to the EPG listings.

But, no. What they actually did was:

16:00 - 16:30 GMT: Men's FS (Top 3)
16:30 - 17:45 GMT: Pair's FS (All)
17:45 - 18:15 GMT: Gala (7 from 1st half and all of 2nd half)
17:30 - 20:00 GMT: Men's FS (Top 3)

Doing it like this, they made a total hash of the EPG listings. If you had gone out and set your Sky+ box to record the Men's FS and the Gala, all you would have got was the first showing of the Men's FS. Everything after that was absorbed into the Pairs FS programme in the EPG listings. So, if you hadn't set it to record the Pairs FS, then you wouldn't have got the Gala.

Why did they need to show the Top 3 from the Men's FS twice?! OK, so that worked out well for those of us that were watching the Formula 1 on Sky Sports F1 (which over-ran until 16:46 GMT), and couldn't change over to BESP2 (in my case, because I was also recording the snooker on BESP1).

But, instead of showing something they had only finished showing an hour earlier, I would have much preferred to see the Gala performances they didn't show:

Guignard / Fabbri,
Lipnitskaia,
James / Cipres,
Hubbell / Donohue

Of course, if they had done what I suggested above, there would have been no problems. They could have shown everything that they had planned to, and us F1 fans would still have seen it all.

Bad job, British Eurosport. Bad job.

I know you have made a hash of your schedules plenty of times in the past. But I would have expected you to realise that just making small adjustments would have been the most effective use of the time you needed to fill.

I will expect better the next time a situation like this arises.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
That was a total and utter disgrace what British Eurosport 2 did with their coverage of the Gala.

Like, with the tennis finishing early, they had lots of time in which to show the Gala in its entirity. But instead, they did a total hatchet job on it!

Like, all they had to do was:

16:00 - 17:00 GMT: Pair's FS (All)
17:00 - 17:30 GMT: Men's FS (Top 3)
17:30 - 20:00 GMT: Gala (full coverage, but with ads inserted to make it up to the time required)

That way, they could show the Gala in full, and there would only need to be minor adjustments to the EPG listings.

But, no. What they actually did was:

16:00 - 16:30 GMT: Men's FS (Top 3)
16:30 - 17:45 GMT: Pair's FS (All)
17:45 - 18:15 GMT: Gala (7 from 1st half and all of 2nd half)
17:30 - 20:00 GMT: Men's FS (Top 3)

Doing it like this, they made a total hash of the EPG listings. If you had gone out and set your Sky+ box to record the Men's FS and the Gala, all you would have got was the first showing of the Men's FS. Everything after that was absorbed into the Pairs FS programme in the EPG listings. So, if you hadn't set it to record the Pairs FS, then you wouldn't have got the Gala.

Why did they need to show the Top 3 from the Men's FS twice?! OK, so that worked out well for those of us that were watching the Formula 1 on Sky Sports F1 (which over-ran until 16:46 GMT), and couldn't change over to BESP2 (in my case, because I was also recording the snooker on BESP1).

But, instead of showing something they had only finished showing an hour earlier, I would have much preferred to see the Gala performances they didn't show:

Guignard / Fabbri,
Lipnitskaia,
James / Cipres,
Hubbell / Donohue

Of course, if they had done what I suggested above, there would have been no problems. They could have shown everything that they had planned to, and us F1 fans would still have seen it all.

Bad job, British Eurosport. Bad job.

I know you have made a hash of your schedules plenty of times in the past. But I would have expected you to realise that just making small adjustments would have been the most effective use of the time you needed to fill.

I will expect better the next time a situation like this arises.

CaroLiza_fan

You just said EVERYTHING I was thinking.
A total lack of respect from Eurosport, again.
Why did they show the men's free TWICE, repeated the pairs free yet leave out the Ladies silver medallist & Ice Dance Bronze medallist ?!.
It does not make sense. And the worst thing is, I'm not even shocked. This is Eurosport every time.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Why did they show the men's free TWICE, repeated the pairs free yet leave out the Ladies silver medallist & Ice Dance Bronze medallist ?!.
It does not make sense. And the worst thing is, I'm not even shocked. This is Eurosport every time.

Very annoying I don't care much about the Gala but I was hoping to see at least the top six of men FS instead they showed the top three twice!? No actually three times including highlights at 10pm...really no comment

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Very annoying I don't care much about the Gala but I was hoping to see at least the top six of men FS instead they showed the top three twice!? No actually three times including highlights at 10pm...really no comment

I was disappointed too that Eurosport only showed the Top 3 from the Men's FS in the highlights programme. Like, if they hadn't put in ads after every skater, they would have had time to show Menshov as well in that half-hour broadcast.

Of course, I would have loved British Eurosport 2 to show the full Men's FS, as they had plenty of time to do it! However, that was never going to happen, for the simple reason that every other version of Eurosport 2 had shown their coverage of the Men's FS already, in the half-hour before they showed the Gala LIVE.

There was no way that British Eurosport 2 was going to be allowed to show more than the others. Apart from anything else, the commentary had only been recorded specifically for those 3 skaters, and Chris was probably on his way home when all this was going on!

So, while it would have been nice to have seen more of the Men's FS, realistically the only thing British ESP2 were ever going to be able to extend was the Pairs FS, as they already had the full coverage (with commentary) on tape.

It is the fact that British ESP2 repeated the Men's FS in preference to showing something that hadn't already been broadcast in the UK and Ireland that really gets to me. And the hash they made of the Sky EPG listings by changing the schedule about when they didn't need to.

To put what I said in my previous comment more succinctly, it is often better to keep things simple.

In this case, "simple" meant extending the Pairs FS to start half an hour earlier, and keeping everything else the same.

Complain to [email protected]. I just did !.

I complained to that e-mail address last season, and got no reply. But when I posted the EXACT same complaint as a review on their Facebook Page, I got a reply pretty much straight away.

https://www.facebook.com/Eurosport?brandloc=DISABLE

So, it might be more productive to complain on there.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: