2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Pairs SP 11/21 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Pairs SP 11/21

GF2445

Record Breaker
This event is going to make or break either Vanessa/Morgan's or Alexa/Chris' season. Both teams havent had the best start to the season so far so they need to prove to the judges what they are capable of.

For the French, watch for the twist
For the Americans, watch for their SBS Sals and Throw Jump.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a wee reminder that Eurosport's coverage of the Trophée Éric Bompard will start in about 10 minutes with the Pairs Short.

Just be warned, British Eurosport 2 is NOT showing any LIVE skating today. Instead, it is showing Tennis all afternoon, and then showing highlights of all 4 sets of Shorts this evening.

Eurosport 2 International, on the other hand, will be showing the Pairs SP LIVE, with highlights of the Men and Dance in the evening.

Here is a link:

Eurosport 2 International livestream

I'm not going to bother with watching a stream of the Pairs SP. I'm just going to stay with the Warsaw Cup stream I've been watching all day. And then catch the TEB highlights on the TV, supplemented by YouTube videos, this evening.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

The Warsaw Cup is currently on a resurfacing, so I just put on the TEB stream.

Now I see what you guys have been complaining about the past few weeks with it being out of sync!

Like, the sound went to a break about 2 minutes before the pictures did! :eek: That is absolutely rediculous!!!

I'm DEFINITELY away back to Poland!

Sorry for posting these links the past few weeks without checking what they were like.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
MT/M 2.0's lifts are kind of hard to watch bleh

Kirsten looked really disappointed when she finished

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO (CAN)

Music: Cell Block Tango (from "Chicago") by John Kander (+vocals)

She's in sheer black cagey dress. He's in pinstripe pants, suspenders, red scarf

3Tw - low, bit late catch
3T - he's very forward/hand down?
3LoTh - fall
FiDs
3Li - botched position change/exit
FCCoSp3p
StSq

Not good skate, they had the opposite mistakes compared to SC. They both look disappointed...

SP: 25.65+26.42-1.00 = 51.07, 1st (out of 1)

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Kirsten looks so disappointed. They still have a long way to go. That was an interesting entry to the lift. Appeared it was aborted partway through? Kirsten sporting quite the wedgie.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
The Warsaw Cup is currently on a resurfacing, so I just put on the TEB stream.

Now I see what you guys have been complaining about the past few weeks with it being out of sync!

Like, the sound went to a break about 2 minutes before the pictures did! :eek: That is absolutely rediculous!!!

I'm DEFINITELY away back to Poland!

Sorry for posting these links the past few weeks without checking what they were like.

CaroLiza_fan

It's ok CaroLiza. There have been times where other streams (usually Russian) have gone out and at least I've been able to read the forum whilst listening to the audio of the ESP stream & understand what they're saying:yes:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Damn it, my class has begun so I can no longer watch, will have to rely on you guys:hopelessness:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Xuehan WANG / Lei WANG (CHN)

Music: Romance

She's in ombre pink dress. He's in taupe blouse, black pants

3Tw - nice height
3T - unison good
3Li
3LoTh
FiDs
StSq
CCoSp3p

Lovely skate, looked clean as a whistle.

SP: 35.11+28.14 = 63.25 (PB), 1st (out of 2)

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I wonder if any of the teams who made partner switches are having any regrets? Obviously starting with a new partner means a lot of rebuilding and they (and we) know that going in. But still... Curious.

Wang/Wang seem to have a bright future. So nice to see Zhao at the boards.

thoakun

Final Flight
I wonder if any of the teams who made partner switches are having any regrets? Obviously starting with a new partner means a lot of rebuilding and they (and we) know that going in. But still... Curious.

Wang/Wang seem to have a bright future. So nice to see Zhao at the boards.

I'm not up to date with pairs's splits but let me take a wild guess that people who make that decision probably couldn't stand working with each other any more and a new partner with a lot of rebuilding and struggles still sound more bearable :confused2:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Z/K: That heart on his butt cracks me up. Most of these catch foot lift positions would be a whole lot less cringeworthy if the women were wearing a unitard.