2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Ladies SP 11/21 | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Ladies SP 11/21

Mangomango

On the Ice
What I mean is that if a skater brings out her A-game, I can temporarily forget the flaws in the choreography and enjoy the performance as a whole. I don't like J.Lo music and I prefer Spartacus but I enjoy Lena's performance the most because she just has a flair for performance. If other skaters use that music, I may never enjoy it that much.

Oh I get you hahahah :drama:
Yes no one can look so happy performing like Elena, for sure!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
It was soooo refreshing listening to Ryan Bradley instead of Peter Carruthers. Ryan felt Ashley was underscored and, quite frankly, so do I. I thought she skated one of her better programs.

Ashley somehow received the highest PCS, she definitely wasn't underscored. The program is not good - the choreography misses the biggest climaxes of the music and general build of it, and then in the end when it's supposed to be gentle she does a jarring layback entrance. She didn't even end in time with the music. The footwork is below the level of the Russian girls (and she even got more GOE for her footwork sequence than than they did!), the jumps are underrotated...why exactly should her score not be quite far behind? I love that the judges are being kinder to her this season but this program is a pale imitation of Kwan's at 2005 Nationals. Ashley COULD be as good as Kwan was there (well, close to it anyway) and it makes me endlessly frustrated that her potential is not being utilized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ghW-AQ2n8

This music calls for a big jump at 1:55, you can't ignore the structure of it. She would only need to add 5 seconds more music to the soundtrack before that point for the jump to hit the halfway mark of the program (to get the bonus). At 2:10 the music calls for a big buildup, with a beautiful sweeping movement at 2:20 (aka, a SPIRAL). Instead we get a more solemn spread eagle and then a jump after the moment has already passed. If she put a spiral sequence here, it could even transition seamlessly into a cross-roll at the end, which would be the start of the footwork sequence. She has one cross-roll in the current footwork already but not a second one, so she's missing out on potential level credit there.

Alba

Record Breaker
ASHley is fast and does have a great presence on the ice. The only thing that I noticed is that she spent most of The time skating to one side of the rink

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Yer cute when you swoon. Yay you!
:cheer:

Wooohooo congrats! :)

you probably don't want to hear this, but you're adorable :biggrin:

Oh, I don't mind, ~Pamina~. Hey, at least somebody thinks so!

Thank you all for your replies. And sorry for getting so over-excitable. I was just so shocked and excited that Anna had used my fan-art to thank her everybody for their support.

Reading back what I wrote, I must sound like a lovesick teenager! The weird thing is, I was never like that when I was a teenager. I had no confidence when it came to girls. Still don't, if I'm brutally honest.

The other weird thing is that when I first started chatting with Anna, and we became good friends, I had no idea that I end up swooning over her like this! There is just something about Anna that is so hypnotic. You can't help but like her!

Love love love Ovcharova's music.

I have to be honest. Although I love it too, I would probably like it more if I had not heard another piece of music with the same name first. And you can blame Anna for that!

When I asked her what music she was using, she told me it was called "Butterflies Are Free". So, since I didn't recognise the name, I looked it up and YouTube came up with this song by Deborah Gibson, which I instantly loved! Then when I asked if it was that song, she told me that it wasn't a song - it was a piece by Alfred Schnittke that she was using.

All the best to her in the Free Skate.

CaroLiza_fan

ragsy

Rinkside
I was finally able to watch the SP. I'm not impressed with Radianova. I think Lipnitskaia is overrated and I'm glad her PCS is finally realistic. Her jumps are a gnat's breath off the ice. She has beautiful rotation and wonderful spins but she never looks like she's having fun out there. It's like she's reported for work that day. Ho hum!

It was soooo refreshing listening to Ryan Bradley instead of Peter Carruthers. Ryan felt Ashley was underscored and, quite frankly, so do I. I thought she skated one of her better programs.

Quick question - which broadcast are you watching to hear commentary? I watch on Ice Network (not live, but a day or so after the competition segments). Ice Network had commentators for Skate America, but hasn't had them since. As a non-skater, I miss the commentary because I usually learn something new.

Thanks!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Quick question - which broadcast are you watching to hear commentary? I watch on Ice Network (not live, but a day or so after the competition segments). Ice Network had commentators for Skate America, but hasn't had them since. As a non-skater, I miss the commentary because I usually learn something new.

Thanks!

I'm sure noskates was watching the feed provided by NBC's Universal Sports Network.