How long for a lady to break SP with 80? | Golden Skate

How long for a lady to break SP with 80?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Sorry for the abbreviated and text-talk title, it wouldn't fit everything.

Anywho....

I wonder how many more years it will take. It's got to happen one day.

Any idea?

It depends.

What is their nationality.
Are they their countries #1 skater.
Do they have a 3A.
Is it a national competition.
Who's the technical caller.
Are the judging still anonymous.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It depends.

Do they have a 3A.

I'm talking about international of course.

taltaltel

On the Ice
I suppose this thread is talking about international competition, which will be much harder. Yuna got 80+ on her SP this year in Nationals. :laugh:

Most likely whoever does it will need clean 3A, 3Lz + 3T, 3F, as well as good presentation/reputation to get a high PCS to break it.

tana

Match Penalty
I don't know how long it will take before we witness a lady skater scoring +80 for SP, but I don't think the current layout of the top skaters would make it possible (namely 3Lz-3T, 3F or 3Lo, 2A) I imagine you'd have to include at least a 3A instead of a 2A. I sure would like to see more lady skaters going for 3A. I know it's an insanely difficult and risky jump for the ladies, but it's a bit ridiculous that Mao is the only one doing the jump after all these years since Midori Ito...

tana

Match Penalty
I suppose this thread is talking about international competition, which will be much harder. Yuna got 80+ on her SP this year in Nationals. :laugh:

Most likely whoever does it will need clean 3A, 3Lz + 3T, 3F, as well as good presentation/reputation to get a high PCS to break it.

But, that's irrelevant since the score wasn't recognized internationally. I mean, anyone can score 80+ on her home turf if the federation wills it.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know how long it will take before we witness a lady skater scoring +80 for SP, but I don't think the current layout of the top skaters would make it possible (namely 3Lz-3T, 3F or 3Lo, 2A) I imagine you'd have to include at least a 3A instead of a 2A. I sure would like to see more lady skaters going for 3A. I know it's an insanely difficult and risky jump for the ladies, but it's a bit ridiculous that Mao is the only one doing the jump after all these years since Midori Ito...

I know! IMO, I think it's silly that after a ladies skater learns a 3Lz, that they think they're done. There's ALWAYS more to learn! Which means they should try to do harder jumps!

I applaud any ladies skater that tries to go out and learn a 3A! :cheer2: :clap:

Off-topic: "that they think they're" try saying that 3 times fast :rofl:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
A lot of it is also dependent on the scoring rules, what qualifies as a level 4 element, etc. For example, Yuna Kim came quite close to scoring 80 (78.50) in 2010, but that was when there was one extra element (the spiral sequence) AND +GOE values were higher.

I say, it would take someone, realistically to score 45+ in the TES and 35 in PCS.

For some perspective, Yuna Kim score 39.03 in Sochi in her SP and 35.89 in PCS for a total of 74.92.

She could have received 45+ in three key ways.
1.) Higher +GOE (majority were +2)
2.) Moving some of the jumps to the second half
3.) Upping her levels on those 2 spins.

Having a 3A make it much easier, but I think it could be done with well-executed 3Z-3T, 3F and 2A, especially if you put all three in the back half and you get level 4s.

All that said, I think it will be a while before we see an 80+ score, heck we haven't see anyone break 70 yet this season.

Last edited:

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Park at Olympics 3 years from now.

But seriously ;) There's no reason for it to happen anytime soon.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
A lot of it is also dependent on the scoring rules, what qualifies as a level 4 element, etc. For example, Yuna Kim came quite close to scoring 80 (78.50) in 2010, but that was when there was one extra element (the spiral sequence) AND +GOE values were higher. ...

And it took four years for Asada to surpass Kim's score by only 0.16.

MalAssada

Medalist
I can dream about these jumps in a SP, right?

3A
3F+3Lo
3Lz in the second half

Just a dream, anyway :slink:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can dream about these jumps in a SP, right?

3A
3F+3Lo
3Lz in the second half

Just a dream, anyway :slink:

That's what I think of a dream SP for ladies under the current rules...but I dream of 2 jumps in the 2nd half. Lol.

Though sometimes I dream what it'll be like if they ever allow quads in the SP...probably not for another 20 years though lol.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And it took four years for Asada to surpass Kim's score by only 0.16.

Oh yeah, Mao's score from Worlds. :) 78.66. So she was the closest to 80. It took a 3A and all level 4 elements to get that close. If she did 3F-3Lo she would have gone over 80+

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2014/wc2014_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf

Yeah, it's going to be a while, who in the world has that technical content with Mao's strong components? Maybe if Mao comes back to competition?

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I think faster men will break 105 in SP with 2 quads, than this happen I believe :think:

It's not that it is no unrealistic, but we no longer have Mao Asada in competition. Russian girls have propably technical arsenal to do it in future, but presentation is big question mark still

Last edited:

MiRé

Match Penalty
Without 3A, I don't think it's possible in the international competition. I do, however, think it's possible for someone to break 150+ in the LP soon......*Cough* Elena *cough*.....

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Without 3A, I don't think it's possible in the international competition. I do, however, think it's possible for someone to break 150+ in the LP soon......*Cough* Elena *cough*.....

You're confused, Worlds 2017 went to Helsinki not Sochi.

chairmanmao

Final Flight
It depends.

Do they have a 3A.

Yuna was well gifted with her WR. It managed to outscore an SP with a 3A-2T by more than 5 points. Four years later it was kinda funny how in Sochi Miss Kim couldn't even get a whiff of her WR that despite the hype from her fans that she was going to break it again.