How long for a lady to break SP with 80? | Page 8 | Golden Skate

How long for a lady to break SP with 80?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Why not? It's not like I'm comparing Yuna with Patrick Chan or Yuzuru with Mao. Of course the technical differences are huge but I'm just curious to know how women could be factored less in the program aspect of the scores. I'm definitely not saying that I expect women to be scoring high as men in things such as transition although some women do seem to do a mighty hell of a job with it. If we still had someone of Midori Ito calibre (and granted I wouldn't expect high pc scores from judges because let's face it, judges were never giving in her artistic scores), I do think it would be tad unfair if the factors were lower in that account
I don't see the point because the men don't compete against ladies. Why care about the factored scores? It's not like the ladies need it, they compete against other ladies.

Warwick360

Medalist
But the men aren't competing against the ladies. They're competing against each other. The PCS are balanced with the TES so that competitors in the same discipline can compete fairly against each other (so that in the men's field, we won't have too big a bias toward the TES skaters, and in the ladies' field, we don't have too big a bias toward the PCS skaters).

Point (sort of) taken. But I do wonder if it would be fairer if the technical aspect of that person in particular would have an influence in the pcs factor, regardless of the competition they're in, be it in the men's or ladies.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I asked the same question in the Stupid Questions thread a while back re: the PCS factor. I (jokingly) said they they could have scaled down the elements BV for the men :laugh:

But of course I'm sure that would ruffle some feathers- a woman getting more points for a triple flip, a man not scoring higher than a woman in the SP with similar tech content???? :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: