Future Competitions!?? | Golden Skate

Future Competitions!??

B

berthes ghost

Re: Future Competitions!??

January 19 - 25, 2004 Hamilton, Canada Four Continents Figure Skating Championships

Jan. 26 - Feb. 1, 2004 Budapest, Hungary European Figure Skating Championships

March 1 - 7, 2004 The Hague, Netherlands World Junior Figure Skating Championships

March 22 - 28, 2004 Dortmund, Germany World Figure Skating Championships

January 24 - 30, 2005 Torino, Italy European Figure Skating Championships

Feb. 28 - Mar. 6, 2005 Kitchener, Canada World Junior Figure Skating Championships

March 14 - 20, 2005 Moscow, Russia World Figure Skating Championships

February 10 - 26, 2006 Torino, Italy Olympic Winter Games

It wasn't on the ISU list yet, but 2006 Worlds was recently awarded to Calgary, British Columbia.

S

Spree2spree

where do you get all this knowledge from?? wish i knew as much as you Berthes Ghost.. :lol:

Howcome Torino, Italy gets the Olympics 2006 and Europeans 2005...isn't that a bit unfair?? or is it because of the ISU president??

S

sk8m8

Benji, It's not unusual for a major competition to be held at an arena before the Olympics to work out the logistics and any problems with the venue that may exist.

In fact most Olympic sports such as skating, skiing, diving, swimming will have AT LEAST one competition of time trials, or similar events at the venue. It also gives atheletes and the officials the chance to get a "lay of the land"

For instance, Here in the US, there was a large competition held at the Delta Center in Salt Lake Center the year before the competition.

S

sk8tngcanuck

correction

I hate to be nitpicky, but I am going to anyway:eek:

Calgary is in Alberta, Canada not in British Columbia!:p

Canuck