2014 NHK Trophy Short Dance 11/28 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Short Dance 11/28

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It's not about the actual SD performance, so slightly off-topic I guess... as some of you know, I love Kaitlyn/Andrew so much, enjoy their skating, programs, costumes, music choices, normally. And sometimes my eyes literally attached to Andrew's feet and edgework.
However, during their SD I just could not concentrate on their program and wondered why? then realized. Because of too much decorations on both sides of his pants! :laugh: Yes, his skating is gorgeous, he looks gorgeous as always, but his costume is too gorgeous for me this time. Can he take off/tone down some volume of of sparkling stones on its sides, please?
It just amazes me to see that as model-like strikinly beautiful woman in red dress as Kaitlyn appears 'pale' on ice, beside her partner, due to his costume... ;)

deedee, love your post (as always). Your words bring your thoughts to life so wonderfully. :)
FYI, Weaver/Poje discuss their SD costuming in the article below, if you have not seen it. (Sorry, don't know if it has been posted elsewhere on GS.)
Not trying to convince you to change your mind. ;) Just thought you might be interested in their comments.

Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje are stepping out this year, dressed to kill

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
The other part of Irrational Can't Stand list inclusion for M&K for me is that nothing they are doing on the ice, not their costumes, not their expressions, not their movements, connects to the music for me.

I agree. Also the music version it's bad. I don't understand why skaters chose to go for these versions instead of the originals which are wonderful.
Speaking about costume, I'm really surprised how bad their costumes are, especially hers. It looks so cheap and ugly. :disapp:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
M/K are heirs of B/S glory on this forum :biggrin: At least they rise some feelings. Love or hate. Nice, very nice.

Alba

Record Breaker
M/K are heirs of B/S glory on this forum :biggrin: At least they rise some feelings. Love or hate. Nice, very nice.

:laugh2:
Seriously though, did they changed something in their FD? Because I remember that I liked them more at Open Tests, or was their SD which I liked? I can't remember now, but I know I had a better impression back than. :think:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

They were also both coached by Kustrova (I/Z's coach now) before going to Zhulin, just like B/S.

Someone commented on FSU that they look a lot better live, which is how I feel about Bobrova/Soloviev. I was not a huge fan of theirs until I saw them in person at Skate America. Still thought their Four Seasons FD last season was sort of corny, but overall I appreciate them a lot more.

Snow63

Record Breaker
:laugh2:
Seriously though, did they changed something in their FD? Because I remember that I liked them more at Open Tests, or was their SD which I liked? I can't remember now, but I know I had a better impression back than. :think:

I can't say for sure, but maybe they used different version of Sarabande back then. Or maybe not :think: I can't check it now, since I'm at work. But you're right, something changed in FD.
But I'm quite opposed, I didn't like them at Open Tests :biggrin:

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
They were also both coached by Kustrova (I/Z's coach now) before going to Zhulin, just like B/S.

Someone commented on FSU that they look a lot better live, which is how I feel about Bobrova/Soloviev. I was not a huge fan of theirs until I saw them in person at Skate America. Still thought their Four Seasons FD last season was sort of corny, but overall I appreciate them a lot more.

True. When I saw their 'A man with a harmonica' live, I was like: 'what the ******* hell was that?' I was impressed so much, that I don't remember anyone who skated after them :laugh2:
M/K is very different though. The look so big live, but they do not have that 'what the hell is that' (in good sense) factor B/S have on me.

deedee1

Record Breaker
deedee, love your post (as always). Your words bring your thoughts to life so wonderfully.
FYI, Weaver/Poje discuss their SD costuming in the article below, if you have not seen it. (Sorry, don't know if it has been posted elsewhere on GS.)
Not trying to convince you to change your mind. ;) Just thought you might be interested in their comments.

Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje are stepping out this year, dressed to kill

awwwww :love: Loved reading this article! Thanks a lot for the link, golden. :)

I think Kaitlyn is so sweet and 'unusually' generous for a female dancer becasue she does not mind her partner taking bigger spotlight of the two this time. My take on female dancers 'in general', from my very weak knowledge on ice dance, is those who undoubtedly love get all attentions and spotlight with choreographies to highlight/centered on themselves, sparkling costumes, heavy make-up, etc. ;) And What a beautiful dress on her and such intricate shades of colors changing from red to orange! Just lovely.

I didn't know about the original concept of Paso as an ice dance program. What an interesting story to read indeed, especially 'male dancer as a matador and female dancer as its cape' part. Again thank you, golden. Very pleased to see male dancers can get bigger spotlight with such program. ISU should pick up Paso more often, say once every three seasons, then more boys will get interested in/attracted to ice dance and come to the sport, me think. But then again, ISU would most likely get criticized/complained by female dancers severely, I guess...

Anyway, Andrew, you've got my endorsement. Now you go kill them! and get that World title! :rock: