2014 NHK Trophy Mens Short Program 11/28 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Mens Short Program 11/28

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Last season Machiba and Javi PCS almost the same as Yuzu, and Yuzu had a higher TES. If you calling out Yuzu, you need to call out Machida and Javi too.

begin

Medalist
Last season Machiba and Javi PCS almost the same as Yuzu, and Yuzu had a higher TES. If you calling out Yuzu, you need to call out Machida and Javi too.

We're discussing falls+PCs. But yes, Javier also receives some cushion points. Machida does not lol. This thread is derailing so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Here's my wish:
Sergei is to have another two good enough skates and able to advance to GPF, so that his Feds finally stops ignoring good veteran skaters like Sergei and Konstantin. ;)
Mura onto podium again, and also advance to GPF. then is going to be his FIRST to compete at Final! :)
Yuzu doesn't push himself too much. Should realize what matters more is the second half of the season. :yes:
Elladj and Ivan will rock the entire arena! :rock:

Good luck to all. :yay:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I agree. CoC was clearly an anomaly, so I don't know why people keep harping on it as if it was a normal competition. Reputation does play into scoring as well as what the judges observed in practice. The kid was visibly injured, everyone was in shock, so surely the judges were as well. Now, if a pattern develops with him being gifted undeserved scores for more sloppy skates, then that would be worth talking about. But can we wait to see what he does here first?
:thumbsup: I love you.
Here's my wish:
Sergei is to have another two good enough skates and able to advance to GPF, so that his Feds finally stops ignoring good veteran skaters like Sergei and Konstantin. ;)
Mura onto podium again, and also advance to GPF. then is going to be his FIRST to compete at Final!
Yuzu doesn't push himself too much. Should realize what matters more is the second half of the season. :yes:
I love you as well.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My wish is for Joshua to skate cleanly and beautifully as I know he can. If he does, he is more than capable of springing a surprise medal.

EDIT: Oh, and a little trivia for you: the last time these three American men were at a Grand Prix together, Joshua was the top finisher (5th at Skate Canada).

jace93

On the Ice
EDIT: Oh, and a little trivia for you: the last time these three American men were at a Grand Prix together, Joshua was the top finisher (5th at Skate Canada).

Let's just hope that this competition isn't as bad as 2013 Skate Canada... THAT was the worst male competition of the entire year even counting the Olympics free skate... :no:

I hope that everyone will have good skate, that Mura and Voronov show some consistency at last, that Farris shows he has finally surpassed his 2012 form and he is as good as what he showed us back thenn seemed to hint, that Abbot show that last year worlds weren't just the odd competition out and most importantly that Yuzuru can skate the best he can in his current condition and let us finally enjoy his free program without drama :yes:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Here's my wish:
Mura onto podium again, and also advance to GPF. then is going to be his FIRST to compete at Final! :)

I wish for the same things you do. Let's hope the power of positive thinking works. :)

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Here's my wish:
Mura onto podium again, and also advance to GPF. then is going to be his FIRST to compete at Final!

My wishes, too. :agree:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Gosh... can't believe Hanyu is competing!

....But if he is!!! Hanyu to win, no question! If JSF cant' offer him the same Mao treatment skating at home, then someone deserve to be exiled to Russia and learn from the 'best'. :cool:

Really looking forward to his POTO! (uhm... never thought I'd be saying this a few weeks ago, but with the stench of last few GP winner's outings... I am literally dying for some decent skating from Hanyu. When I mean decent, I mean SPORT + Arrrrheart to triumph. Minimum falls. Quad for me should be just be another element to heighten the artistic impression of the program holistically, kind of like his R&J, version 1. Jeremy and Hanyu please save Men's figure skating!! Jeremy please do a decent FS!!!! One that make those lot at TSL to swallow their pride and grovel at your feet, and USFSA beg you to stay).

Will Veronov cause an upset with his typical Russian 'all about the quads baby' with random music fx in the background? May be, this is the COP gone wild season. But at least we get compensate with one more 'Rebel in black leather pants ripping another T-shirt off' on ice while looking hot ... so I won't complain too much.

Os are you talking about Jeremy Abbott or Jeremy Ten or both - both are pretty artistic skaters with the latter lesser known but quite spectacular actually.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Let's just hope that this competition isn't as bad as 2013 Skate Canada... THAT was the worst male competition of the entire year even counting the Olympics free skate... :no:

I hope that everyone will have good skate, that Mura and Voronov show some consistency at last, that Farris shows he has finally surpassed his 2012 form and he is as good as what he showed us back thenn seemed to hint, that Abbot show that last year worlds weren't just the odd competition out and most importantly that Yuzuru can skate the best he can in his current condition and let us finally enjoy his free program without drama :yes:

Did we forget about Hanyu's silver medal and the competition there - not pretty at all.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Os are you talking about Jeremy Abbott or Jeremy Ten or both - both are pretty artistic skaters with the latter lesser known but quite spectacular actually.

Yes! I do love J-10's two programs this season. Not too showy, not too feminine, not too valiant/manly but just be more of himself. :yes:

To me, he is one of the few skaters who still showcases the good old sides of North American's style of figure skating, which I would call 'subtle' but 'very sophisticated' skating with deep edges, effortless crossovers and smooth skating to express nuance of the music with its bladework. Among the current American boys, Ricky Dornbush comes to my mind, too.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

The Men's Short Program is scheduled for 5:00 am Eastern Time November 28

... Schedule including projected start time for each team will be here:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2014/gpjpn2014_Mens_SP_TimeSchedule.pdf

Summary result will be:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2014/SEG001.HTM ...

Two supportive comments, Doris :bow::

(1) An extraneous letter somehow has wormed its way into your URL template for the Men's schedules.
The correct link is:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2014/gpjpn2014_Men_SP_TimeSchedule.pdf ("Men_SP"; not "Mens_SP)

ISU GP NHK Trophy 2014
TIME SCHEDULE
MEN SHORT PROGRAM
Friday, November 28, 2014

19:05:00 - 19:12:00 Warm-up Group 1
19:12:30 - 19:19:00 1 Jeremy TEN CAN
19:19:00 - 19:25:30 2 Daisuke MURAKAMI JPN
19:25:30 - 19:32:00 3 Ivan RIGHINI ITA
19:32:00 - 19:38:30 4 Elladj BALDE CAN
19:38:30 - 19:45:00 5 Jin Seo KIM KOR​

19:45:00 - 19:52:00 Warm-up Group 2
19:52:30 - 19:59:00 6 Ross MINER USA
19:59:00 - 20:05:30 7 Joshua FARRIS USA
20:05:30 - 20:12:00 8 Jeremy ABBOTT USA
20:12:00 - 20:18:30 9 Sergei VORONOV RUS
20:18:30 - 20:25:00 10 Takahito MURA JPN
20:25:00 - 20:31:30 11 Yuzuru HANYU JPN​

Resurfacing: 00:15:00 Warm-up: 00:06:00 Duration of Skating: 00:02:50 Judging First: 00:03:10 Judging Last: 00:03:10 Introduction: 00:01:00

Printed: 27.11.2014 11:23:57​

(2) May I suggest that you mention that the starting order also is available at the ISU results link?

I have noticed questions in other GP threads from people looking for the starting order -- which lead me to believe that they do not realize that your results link is the right place to see the starting order as well.​

Thanks again for all your heavy lifting to make the GP threads so convenient for us.

Am looking forward to first time seeing Elladj, Dice M, Joshua and Ross this season! What I love about this season is we can see 12 single skaters on the GP circuit again. Good luck to these boys! :yay:

deedee, hope that you and Mr. deedee enjoy the competition -- esp. if you will be attending in person. :)

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think a lot of us are excited about Hanyu's participation. I hope he participates for the right reasons and that he is truly healthy.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think a lot of us are excited about Hanyu's participation. I hope he participates for the right reasons and that he is truly healthy.
It's not excited, if anything I am not excited, worried to be exactly. He still feels pain in both his legs. :unsure: and we all know about Han Yan...

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

By Yuzuru's own admission, he is not truly healthy, and that he is competing because he wants to make it to the GPF,

Reposting from the Yuzuru fanfest thread:
Yuzuru @ NHK Press Conference. Translation by ice-kingfisher (http://ice-kingfisher.tumblr.com/post/103716823793/11-27-yuzuru-hanyu-press-conference)

—Goals for the event?

Before I say my goals, I deeply apologize for causing everyone worry at the Cup of China. Please don’t worry too seriously. I’m not at my best condition. I will lower the difficulty in my program, but I will do my best and skate.

—Why compete?

At the Cup of China, it was a big injury that (others/people) would usually withdraw from. Everyone was concerned for me. I skated after being diagnosed. They respected my will to go to the Finals. I don’t want to waste that will. There were times when I had difficulty walking. Ultimately, I skated at the venue and I decided that I seemed close to usual.

—Your body condition?

I’m not at my best. My stamina dropped. I’m sorry I’m lowering my difficulty. I want to go to the Finals. I want to perform the best I can now.

—About the collision at Cup of China?

I’m challenging my limits. In a sense, I’m side-by-side with death. If there was even a hair’s breadth difference in time (at the collision), I could’ve been gone. The parts I hit were fortunate. I was able to turn my face away and managed to avoid the impact. The American doctors crossed borders and checked me. Brian too understood that there was no fear of a concussion. It was a risk, but I wanted to believe the doctors and skate. It’s like a miracle that I’m even here. Many people said that it was reckless, but I’m thankful to the federation, Brian, and my body for respecting my will.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
By Yuzuru's own admission, he is not truly healthy, and that he is competing because he wants to make it to the GPF,

Reposting from the Yuzuru fanfest thread:

With this informatin I am not so thrilled about Hanyu's "will". Really we do not need false heroes in this world. This isn't about being tough, or making skating a sport (it already is). His goal is to make the GPF - admirable as it is come on he is rich, adored by Japan GPF or not and has a world and olympic gold. Look after yourself Hanyu; while you aren't responsible for others it is not a good example and we want to see you skate into your mid twenties at least (sarcasm). Very disappointed with Hanyu and his attitude; yes he is a grown man (barely by most standards and not in some) but I am not sure what is the logic of him competing. Going against logic or nature - ie the law of gravity or whatever - you take a big hit - not that you deserve it but there are ramifications. If you cut me do I not bleed??? You can't be naive or turn a blind eye to reality. There is a price to pay or like in physics for every push or pull there is a reaction a consequence. Oddly enough if Hanyu skates poorly and doesn't make the GPF it may be for the best for him and for people enamoured with him - then they will know especially the young there are consequences and you or we aren't all super heroes. I hope Hanyu doesnt get injured more and don't hold up this behaviour as something we should emulate or admire.

AprilS

On the Ice
With this informatin I am not so thrilled about Hanyu's "will". Really we do not need false heroes in this world. This isn't about being tough, or making skating a sport (it already is). His goal is to make the GPF - admirable as it is come on he is rich, adored by Japan GPF or not and has a world and olympic gold. Look after yourself Hanyu; while you aren't responsible for others it is not a good example and we want to see you skate into your mid twenties at least (sarcasm). Very disappointed with Hanyu and his attitude; yes he is a grown man (barely by most standards and not in some) but I am not sure what is the logic of him competing. Going against logic or nature - ie the law of gravity or whatever - you take a big hit - not that you deserve it but there are ramifications. If you cut me do I not bleed??? You can't be naive or turn a blind eye to reality. There is a price to pay or like in physics for every push or pull there is a reaction a consequence. Oddly enough if Hanyu skates poorly and doesn't make the GPF it may be for the best for him and for people enamoured with him - then they will know especially the young there are consequences and you or we aren't all super heroes. I hope Hanyu doesnt get injured more and don't hold up this behaviour as something we should emulate or admire.

Ummmm...? He's going out there with a sprained ankle (which seems to be a chronic thing for him anyways) and a badly bruised thigh. It might affect his performance, but it's hardly a career ending injury :eek:hwell: It's been confirmed that he did not have a concussion. If he wants to compete and the doctors told him it's okay, why not go for it?

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I will root for ALL the men & hope this doesn't turn into a Yuzuru-centered fight thread :cheer: