Winnie the Pooh = 'dubious sexuality’ and ‘incomplete wardrobe’ | Golden Skate

Winnie the Pooh = 'dubious sexuality’ and ‘incomplete wardrobe’

Meoima

Match Penalty
At first I thought was a joke :shocked:

Winnie the Pooh banned from Polish playground over his ‘dubious sexuality’ and ‘incomplete wardrobe’

Source: http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/1...is-dubious-sexuality-and-incomplete-wardrobe/

The British newspaper The Independent reports that councillors in the town of Tuszyn have punted Pooh as a possible playground patron because of his “dubious sexuality” and “inappropriate” dress.

Then it turns out to be :laugh2:

“The problem with that bear is it doesn’t have a complete wardrobe,” Coun. Ryszard Cichy is quoted as saying.
“It is half naked which is wholly inappropriate for children.[Poland’s fictional bear] is dressed from head to toe, unlike Pooh, who is only dressed from the waist up.”
An unnamed councillor denounced poor Pooh as a “hermaphrodite” — although the official may have meant the bear was androgynous.

I can't stop laughing! :rofl:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hope Hanyu never skates in Poland. His tissue box is dangerous!! :laugh2:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone remember the big flap back in the day about the Teletubbies' sexuality? Quel scandale!

Oh, yes. Was it Tinky Winky was gay b/c he carried a handbag? LOL

Why don't these people get real jobs and solve real problems?

peg

Medalist
I think those councillors need t start making sure all bears kept in zoos are wearing their underpants. We wouldn't want to scar the children for life!
:rofl:

thoakun

Final Flight
Is anyone here familiar with Nu, Pogodi, an animated series about a hooligan wolf trying to catch a hare? It's sort of Russia's Tom and Jerry. Although both the wolf and the hare are fully clothed (the wolf wears pink shirt with yellow necktie and 1970s bell bottoms), the wolf often loses most of his clothes during the chase, going on in his underpants only :biggrin:. Beside, the wolf drinks, smokes, often turns into vandalism, minor abuse but he can be highly artistic and play guitar very well :dance:.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I wonder is Sesame Street shown in Poland? Because, if they have problems with Winnie the Pooh, they will certainly have problems with Sesame Street.

Like, Big Bird never wears any clothes. Neither does Elmo, Cookie Monster, Oscar the Grouch (unless you count his bin as "clothes"!), Telly, or most of the other characters in Sesame Street.

In fact, there are only a few characters that do wear clothes. The Count, Bert and Ernie...

Ah, Bert and Ernie. The great "are they more than just good friends?" debate. This is what I hate about modern society - nothing is innocent any more. When I was a child watching Sesame Street in the 80's, none of the children watching were questioning the characters' sexuality. We were just too busy enjoying the programme!

But, this debate about "are they, aren't they?" is just getting out of control. I'm sure some of you have heard about the controversy it has recently sparked in my part of the world (See this story form the Belfast Telegraph). And, yes, it was announced a couple of weeks ago that the legal proceedings are going ahead.

Whatever happened to children's TV being fun?

CaroLiza_fan

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
What CaroLiza_fan said!!! :agree:

As a kid, my favorite cartoon show was "The Flintstones." IIRC, Fred & Wilma et al. were always fully clothed. Now that I think of it, though, who knows what they used for underwear in the Stone Age...or if they were even wearing any... :laugh2:

Sheesh, these people need to wake up and find something better to do with their time.

Poice

Final Flight
As a Pole I'm really embarrassed...But I want to let you know that this case is not taking seriously in Poland. I read about this from another international forum about figure skating :confused: It's quite shameful that one politician with stupid ideas get through to foreign websites :eek:hwell:

Hope Hanyu never skates in Poland. His tissue box is dangerous!! :laugh2:

I wish one day he'll skate in my country <3