Mariah Bell | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Mariah Bell

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I agree that Courtney's GP experience, not to mention her astonishing jumping potential, give her the edge.

I still don't understand why Hannah Miller got the nod over Mariah Bell. Miller has been touted as a "future star", but has competed as a senior lady at the US Nationals for the last 3 years and placed 9th or 10th each time. In contrast, since moving to 7K and Team KoRo, Mariah has been making obvious and steady improvement in both technique and performance. (Both are making their GP debuts.)

It's probably worth clarifying that the USFS doesn't decide which of their skaters get sent to which GPs, unlike the JGP. The US decides which skaters to invite to Skate America and that's it. The other feds decide which skaters invite to their GPs. International results count a lot more than placement at Nationals, and Hannah Miller has had better results as Mrs. P said.

This girl knows how to celebrate the occasion.

https://instagram.com/p/4A-FJ0xX-B/

She looks like Jason's mini-me here!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I put together one of my Remix Video's of Mariah. I used some old junior shots in the begining and then mixed up her amazing FS from 2015 US Nationals. She is so sweet. I hope everything goes well for her this season and I get some more HD footage to play around with.

Thank you Mariah for being who you are :)

PS....You can watch it in up to 720p HD if you select it from the settings in the bottom right of the video player.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
great video as always sam, thanks! she is like a bright light and its a joy to watch her :love: i hope she will have wonderful season and hope get another GP spot :bow:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Matmuh.

One thing I noticed while editing this is I think Mariah actually smiles on her way into her jumps. :laugh: Obviously she often explodes with joy when she lands them too but I don't think it's because of the points....I think she just loves being in that moment.

Last edited:

polenka84

Rinkside
Mariah and Tyler Pierce play with the "coaching board" to claim Kori all to themselves:

https://instagram.com/p/2GwojdJyuw/

(something I never thought about and will be cross-posting in Jason thread, as it gets more visitors, as to how this works. Rohene and Vincent (a French skater whose last name I forget, but who is a coach at 7k) can't be looking for coaching, can they?

They don't receive coaching--I don't know that Rohene actually truly trains at all...it seems he can just kinda pull out the jumps/programs effortlessly whenever he needs to--all the extra names just get pushed off to the right when not in use...it's probable neither Vincent nor Rohene was actually in town that particular day.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you Stitch:). I needed that :love:

Last edited:

caitie

Medalist
I really like both programs! Here's hoping she'll skate well at Skate America and whatever other competitions she enters and get that top score so she'll have two GPs next year.

And aw, that's really sad about her dog. :(

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I love both programs too -- choreography, music, costumes - everything. Nice flow throughout too, just lovely ! Good luck in the coming season Mariah.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mariah's programs this year are amazing!!!! If she can just execute all of her elements Rohene has given her the perfect vehicle for success. Here are both skates from Glacier Falls.

SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VM2ZS_BICk

FS: https://youtu.be/wr55WqPidSU

For the record, the SP is by Cindy Stuart, IIRC. Cindy Stuart has worked with Mariah a long time and I think she's always been great in choreographing programs for her. Mariah may be Cindy's best client!

In any case, I like both programs for her. And that 3F-3T is really coming along. I can tell she has it, it's just putting it out there in competition. I think she's in the same boat as Jason -- she's still getting used to the harder content and doing the choreography. I think we may see Mariah peak at just the right time.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
good luck maria, kill them all (except Julia or else Sam would be really sad :biggrin:) with your bright smile :cheer:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Sam ought to forget a Coloraldo vacay and go to Bratslava instead! There are mountains nearby, I think!

TMC

Record Breaker
Awww, kinda disappointed Mariah's not coming to Finlandia Trophy! But I comfort myself by pretending that their team strategy is to do Nepela this year and FT next year, since Worlds will be in Helsinki later that season ;)